Practise #7 *Aug 14th*

Advertisement
He's playing FS & no he cannot play anywhere on the backend.

He will be a Safety here 100%, Idk why so many people think he can play Corner but if you ever seen him play CB at the opening you would know he's simply not a CB, especially a Nickel corner.
You don’t think Tae could hold up in our system at nickel? I for sure do. If Gil, quan and even knowels could hold up in a nickel situation for us Tae can..as a full time corner absolutely not. But just to get him on the field earlier I can see him seeing the field in nickel and dime situations.

You don’t think Tae could hold up in our system at nickel? I for sure do. If Gil, quan and even knowels could hold up in a nickel situation for us Tae can..as a full time corner absolutely not. But just to get him on the field earlier I can see him seeing the field in nickel and dime situations.
Nickel has to cover the slot receiver, who tends to be quick and twitchy.... This will be the hardest for Tae's skillset. I dont understand why people keep pushing this.

Please show me some examples of Gil and Bob Knowles "holding up" in nickel situations. If they didn't get torched it was only because the QB didn't see their guy uncovered.

You put that mf at high safety and let his ballhawk/playmaking ability take over. His speed, range, and hitting ability will have WRs ****+ing themselves. Before his SR highlights I was under the impression that he would be an undersized box guy but those SR highlights changed my tune. He can play centerfielder and be a **** good FS once he learns the defense. I dont think we have had a Safety with his juice since Manny has been here.

Advertisement
Not sure about the Gil and Knowles part but I agree with everything else. Quan especially was an effective Nickel here under a similar situation where we had vets at safety. Tae is absolutely a better athlete than Quan out of high school. Nobody is saying Tae is going to start or play on the outside. Given our lack of depth at CB, I can see him getting a shot to contribute at nickel. For the record I heard he might be nicked up and has not practicing.

Not sure about the Gil and Knowles part but I agree with everything else. Quan especially was an effective Nickel here under a similar situation where we had vets at safety. Tae is absolutely a better athlete than Quan out of high school. Nobody is saying Tae is going to start or play on the outside. Given our lack of depth at CB, I can see him getting a shot to contribute at nickel. For the record I heard he might be nicked up and has not practicing.
Gil saw time where he had to play the nickel..so did Finley and Rob. It depends on how the offense lined up. If your on the field at stk or safety in our Single high D your guna be asked to cover the slot from time to time.

Nickel has to cover the slot receiver, who tends to be quick and twitchy.... This will be the hardest for Tae's skillset. I dont understand why people keep pushing this.
Depends on the call and who your playing tbh. I’m not saying Tae is full time nickel back. I’m saying with how our d is structured (how we run out single high) we ask our safeties and stker to be able to cover the slot when need be. When u play 3 safeties in your base D like we do they better be able to cover in a nickel situation If asked..that saiid I’d like to see us play a traditional CB more in those situations but it’s hard against tempo with teams running 11 and 10 personnel as often as they do in today’s game

Advertisement
Please show me some examples of Gil and Bob Knowles "holding up" in nickel situations. If they didn't get torched it was only because the QB didn't see their guy uncovered.
Lol u want me to pull of video of individual plays? I don’t have the time nor the resources lol...but u can’t tell me you watch Miami football and u haven’t seen Knowels, Gil, Finley or any safety asked to lineup in the nickel...going against spread offense they are gunna make you lineup that way

Our fan base has a weird obsession with always moving guys’ positions. Tae was the highest, or close to it, ranked SAFETY in the country. Let him play it.
Some in our fan base don’t seem to understand football either..depending on the call and what the offense lines up in, as a safety you will be asked to lineup in a nickel position from time to time..that’s apart of plying safety..is not just sitting in single high or on the hash all game...and in manny’s single high D he often ask both safeties and the stker position to line up in a nickel back role

Advertisement
Our fan base has a weird obsession with always moving guys’ positions. Tae was the highest, or close to it, ranked SAFETY in the country. Let him play it.

So Michigan’s fan base is really conservative about position change message board mentions? Everyone’s always taking shots at this fan base but it’s people in general that just don’t get it

Advertisement
No, doesn't have the lateral footwork or eye discipline to play Nickel.

People think just because he runs a 4.52 that he can play Nickel, but in HS he didn't play any Corner, he was Safety, RB & KR. He's a raw athlete with good physical traits but he doesn't have the footwork necessary to play anyone in one on one coverage, he's a Zone defender.

He's at his best off ball reading the whole field, not locked in man coverage having to read the man in front of him.

But don't take my word for it, here's what Ed Reed said about him after coaching him at the UA All-American game:

So Michigan’s fan base is really conservative about position change message board mentions? Everyone’s always taking shots at this fan base but it’s people in general that just don’t get it

I don't read the Michigan boards or follow really anyone else that closely but I would assume they have similar discussions. I can only comment what I see from this fanbase on here and on twitter.

He's an elite prospect at FS, he may see some quality PT this year, he may not. I don't like the idea of moving guys up on defense (safety to corner), only moving guys down to get more speed on the field (DE-DT, LB-DE, etc.).

Advertisement
Back