Practise #7 *Aug 14th*

All I'm referring to when I say a safety that can cover is a guy that doesn't look out of place in coverage; your defense won't get eaten up when the opposing offense puts their best, or shiftiest, player in the slot. As @SouthParkCane just mentioned, Earl Thomas is an example of a S that can cover. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Tyrann Matheiu, Derwin James, Eddie Jackson, etc can as well and they did it in college.
They're still a hard commodity to find. A safety that doesn't look out of place in coverage was probably playing CB in high school and converted to safety in college after going against D1 WRs.

Advertisement
And those were all guys who weren’t strictly safeties. Most guys who have only played S growing up don’t have man to man cover skills lol
I'm most likely wrong but I doubt that there are DBs who've only played S their entire lives. Could you name a few?

I'm most likely wrong but I doubt that there are DBs who've only played S their entire lives. Could you name a few?
Well a good portion of their lives. But I know a few personally. Deionte Thompson formerly of Alabama was my teammate. He was only ever a safety. Played some wideout occasionally. Leon O’Neal Jr was a guy my dad coached. He played safety most of the time.

my plan for Avantae Williams and outlook is Jaquan Johnson.

Now he likely doesnt have the instincts of him...but he has better athleticism...if he can get in the books and tighten up on technique gets coached a bit...Jaquan Johnson trajectory sounds good to me.

What’s all the chatter about Tae? Is there any reason to believe he is not competing for playing time this year or on roster this year?

Advertisement
I admit this is super petty but I am happy to see us practicing outside, so far. I feel like we were using the IPF way too much at times and I never understood why that was the case when the weather was fine. Our conditioning will improve outside in that humidity, not in the AC.
Dude... Yes that is petty and pretty stupid. Are we STILL believing that narrative? You do understand we've only had the IPF for only what, 2yrs? So was our conditioning so great before that practicing in the "humidity"???

What’s all the chatter about Tae? Is there any reason to believe he is not competing for playing time this year or on roster this year?
Ppl are worried because they haven't seen him in any of the practice highlights yet. But yes I do think he won't get much playing time because safety is like our 2nd deepest position behind the D Line. I'm sure most of his snaps will be special teams if he does play.

If Brevin stays healthy play in every game this year he's going round 1 GAURENTEE
Especially with his Rd 1 competition from from 3 to 1 since B10 isn’t playing this year. Kid from Pedo state and kid from Minnesota were probably in the running for 1st rd material. Only comp going into the season is UF Pitts, who is more a WR than TE.

Advertisement
Same man and it happens to too many teens. Wish he could've just kept it together enough to get out. Purely speculation, but it sounds like he had some form of schizophrenia from what his mother talked about . Typically starts late teens and can be treated, but often not diagnosed until there's a psychotic break or mania sets in. Hardest thing is keeping them on the meds.

RIP young man. Heartbreaking for the mom and family.
He just had to hold it together for a couple more days.

There's a lot more to the story, goes way beyond any mental condition. But I'll leave that off of the internet.
Just a heartbreaking situation regardless. He was one of the most incredible, well-rounded young men I've ever coached/encountered.

Some rumors floating around that he is nicked up. Maybe we get an update for when they make Banda available for interviews.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back