Practise #6

Homer absolutely will get drafted on measurables alone. I believe he was top 5 for a good majority of the combine drills with two 900+ yard seasons. Definitely will go 5-7th round and probably could have eclipsed the 3rd round if he had a competent OL/offensive coaching staff.

Plus Homer has been a ST ace as well.

Advertisement
Lol at people on here about the WR’s. It’s apparent all you watch is UM games on TV.

Hightower is a STUD. He got shafted on playing time with poor rotations and personnel packages. The kid catches the ball and has elite body control. Go watch his highlights from the AA game catching passes from Jarren and Trevor. He was the best possession WR on the field and number 2 overall at the game. He was the best WR on the team in camp and killed it at the spring game. He also made some clutch catches during the season. Hightower should’ve been a starter at the beginning of last season...not Cager. He’ll probably end up behind Osborn to start the season and who knows from there.

Pope was a little overrated coming out but he will shine. The kid can fly. He needed to add weight, which he has done. He should be behind Thomas in the rotation on the outside.

Harley is a solid slot rotation guy. He’s a hard worker who blocks, has borderline elite speed, and decent hands. He was badly misused on the outside in horrific Cheetah packages. He’s a slot WR and Enos has him there. I’d like to see Dallas play some slot here, too.

Wiggins has to learn to catch. I’m not one to believe he’s ever going to do that. His hands are so bad that even with practice I’m going to say his ceiling is mediocre hands. It’s not just a frosh yips thing since his still doing it now. He’s really the only one I’m concerned about.

Osborn isn’t expected to be AR. He’s expected to push the room. I have no doubt he’s an upgrade from Cager as a possession guy. You think Cager left just to leave? He knew he wasn’t going to get burn here. Osborn’s tape at Buffalo is solid. He shows strong hands and has the ability to separate.

Peyton is already showing flashes and will fight for PT. He catches everything. He’ll probably have Wiggins spot on the 2 deep by game one. His tape is phenomenal. I can’t wait to see him in person.

Finally we have Jeff Thomas. He’s the numero uno on the team. Uber talented head cases at WR have a funny knack for making huge plays when you feed them the ball. Enos isn’t going to take out Thomas just to rotate guys every other play. Head case problem neutralized.

Coaches always get on players and certain groups in practice. There’s no need to overreact to the same old 💩. The WR is more loaded that it’s been since the early 2000s. Instead of complaining, go watch some tape on guys like Hightower and Osborn.
Agreed with everything. Throw in Njoku as well.

How are people a fan of the Miami Hurricanes, a program that's known for having teams full of having players with Nestas attitude, and then come on here and hate on him? I don't understand.
A lot of these dudes have been neutered by the previous regimes. Been too long since our players have been allowed to have nuts so i guess it fits the climate.

I saw the rep, was it that high though? Wiggins needs to catch that ball.

Ask any WR if he wants to extend his arms upward while running a quick-slant. Shoot, ask the OC or WR coach how they feel about it.

I'm not saying that he couldn't have caught it, I'm saying that the ball placement is no bueno.
You're firing a pass to a WR who's like 8 yards away, running full speed, and it's high. (and likely in traffic)
Your WR might get killed...or worse...the ball ricochets off his hands and straight to the Safety.

Give your WR a better ball.

Advertisement

CAF52993-CEC9-475A-869E-421596D28244.jpeg

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Actually that play is right on par with what BOTH of them have showed this spring.
Martell with an inaccurate throw.
Wiggins with butter fingers.

They should never be allowed to work together.

LOL - Handoffs only for Wiggins until further notice.

Before more people continue anointing the WR group before having accomplished anything yet:

Osborn: doing all the right things
Thomas: team's best player
Hightower: dropped multiple TDs in 2018
Harley: no evidence of above-average speed or explosiveness. Poor hands.
Pope: route-running, playbook, physicality...what's the excuse du jour?
Njoku: is a tweener
Wiggins: can't catch
Payton: 4.7 40 yard dash

They're just hating cause he left that hicktown. Let's evaluate the QBs and WRs based on scrimmages and games instead of 30-second spring clips.
He hadn't even announced he was transferring when i read that.

Advertisement
Before more people continue anointing the WR group before having accomplished anything yet:

Osborn: doing all the right things
Thomas: team's best player
Hightower: dropped multiple TDs in 2018
Harley: no evidence of above-average speed or explosiveness. Poor hands.
Pope: route-running, playbook, physicality...what's the excuse du jour?
Njoku: is a tweener
Wiggins: can't catch
Payton: 4.7 40 yard dash
Hightower didn't drop multiple tds and njoku skinny *** aint no tweener.

Wright and Freeman started this trend of UM QBs who had big-time problems with accuracy and touch. It's gotta stop. Just can't win with an inaccurate QB. Manny, as a DC, surely knows poor QB play when he sees it.

Advertisement
While that may be true, a lot of his throws are difficult to catch. He's making things harder on his WR's. I've seen it many times in the 2 practices I've been too.

Definitely don't want to be throwing high on a quick slant.

Not the point. After last year‘s drop-a-thons by the wide receivers, our guys should be catching the ball when nobody’s covering them. I don’t care if it was a slant or an out. That ball was maybe 6 inches too high. Totally catchable, went right through his hands. That’s the point....Especially Wiggins

I hear ya....I spent almost an hour earlier this morning perusing the Pop Tart Aisle at Target....

Edit...I beat you to that massive coronary by a couple of decades if you are looking at 2023....

Watch that nutrition video, stop eating cold pizza for breakfast...because having Your breastbone sawed in half and then held together with an 11 inch titanium rod for the rest of your life sounds a lot more fun than it actually is....

This PSA brought to you by your friendly Left Anterior Descending, Circumflex, and Right Coronary Arteries....

View attachment 82758
OUCH!

Man I know Tate highlights at OSU wasn’t extensive but the few drives he did lead he looked like he was able to make all the throws/wasn’t over throwing or badly missing guys . You can say they were “easy” throws in garbage time but he’s apparently struggling against air in practice. I don’t get it

Advertisement
Back