Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

Advertisement
Advertisement
Again, I went off the top of the head....however, u make a fair point regarding my list...but @Liberty City El list were not top 3 at their respective positions.
I can respect the players LCE listed and I see the points. but the more i look at the issue, the more i think about what Dmoney said...it's more a recruiting issue than playing freshman issue.

We play freshman and have played freshman. Was anyone better on our roster than Ivey last year? I feel like M Clarke can be a stud and needs reps, but i'm on a couch and not there. However, That's the debate right, was anyone better than him? Also isn't it up to people to beat people out? i can fully appreciate the Ivey sucks anyone else is better angle, but i'd hazard a guess and say most coaches don't really think like that.

False. Because that doesn’t lead to 100 threads arguing the same thing. It simply has to be one of the polarizing sides of this argument. Even though no one actually believes it.

Manny has played young players. Manny prefers experience. Manny has been loyal to a fault to the two WRs.

All could be true, but we are crying about who we will play in September in March off two clips because one of our go to posters stirred up ****.

****** dumb
You're right, Tate is the clear choice.

Scaife should be playing center. He’s got enough hold and a good body for it. Rivers is the most physically gifted OL on the team and it’s not close IMO. It’s up to the coaches to get him ready. No excuse in **** as to why he’s not starting this season.
If he plays Center our QGB wouldn't stand a chance...he's best at Tackle because that's where he's most comfortable. To play in the NFL he's going to have to adjust to G

Cut the bullshyt and put your best 11 out there. Regardless of age, high school, 7v7 coach etc. Period.
I said in a separate thread that we need a coach who is more results-oriented and less sentimental. Yeah, we had COVID issues last year, but no one can tell me that COVID was the reason McCloud, Jennings, Pope, Wiggins and Carter just had to play as much as they did.

Manny likes the players listed above and felt he owed it to them to give them their best chances to succeed. Again, they may be stand up guys who do all the things right on the practice field, during mat drills, and in the weight room. But these are not your best players at their respective positions, so they should not have been starting or seeing significant playing time.

Saban is cold-blooded. He plays his best players no matter what, even if they are true Freshman. No loyalty. No sentimentality. No feelings involved. Play your best players. Period.

McCloud is a Rush End (Viper or whatever bull**** other teams call it), so he should only play on situational downs. Nothing more. Jennings is a back up MLB. He should play behind Flagg. Pope and Wiggins... at best they are second unit WRs behind Rambo, Harley and Keyshawn. Maybe pair them with X or Redding on the second unit, but absolutely nothing more than that.

Amari in my opinion is a backup Striker behind Gil. He's an in the box Safety - not a traditional coverage Safety. Move his high-hitting a&& to Striker behind Gil so Keontra can shift over to WLB.

Advertisement
I said in a separate thread that we need a coach who is more results-oriented and less sentimental. Yeah, we had COVID issues last year, but no one can tell me that COVID was the reason McCloud, Jennings, Pope, Wiggins and Carter just had to play as much as they did.

Manny likes the players listed above and felt he owed it to them to give them their best chances to succeed. Again, they may be stand up guys who do all the things right on the practice field, during mat drills, and in the weight room. But these are not your best players at their respective positions, so they should not have been starting or seeing significant playing time.

Saban is cold-blooded. He plays his best players no matter what, even if they are true Freshman. No loyalty. No sentimentality. No feelings involved. Play your best players. Period.

McCloud is a Rush End (Viper or whatever bull**** other teams call it), so he should only play on situational downs. Nothing more. Jennings is a back up MLB. He should play behind Flagg. Pope and Wiggins... at best they are second unit WRs behind Rambo, Harley and Keyshawn. Maybe pair them with X or Redding on the second unit, but absolutely nothing more than that.

Amari in my opinion is a backup Striker behind Gil. He's an in the box Safety - not a traditional coverage Safety. Move his high-hitting a&& to Striker behind Gil so Keontra can shift over to WLB.
Exactly , why is this so hard for some to get? Yet I’m “ stirring **** up “ ol. I wouldn’t post what I do as a concern if I didn’t hear things from multiple people who’d know. Some just don’t want to hear it, anything that comes off negative sends out the manny butt sniffing brigade to start bringing excuses from left field. But if I post something positive I’m “crowning or anointing someone, wait until he proves it on the field bro”. This place is comical beyond belief. Now if the issues isn’t fixed and the kids say f it and leave the same super fans will call them “ quitters and not Miami material”.

Last edited:

I'm sorry but Amari I don't even think could thrive as a striker, his coverage ability is that poor. He should be limited to strictly special teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Easily!

He had an injury, missed all of spring camp, and was gradually worked into the lineup as a freshman. It's not like he sat on the bench for 5 or 6 games. His snap count gradually increased until it exceeded Patchen's. At that point, he was named the starter
No crap he wasn’t sitting on the bench! He was coming OFF THE BENCH and racking up sacks and leading the team. But even though Man-dingo said he was cleared to play game 1, he continued to come off the bench even though... according to Mammy he was cleared to play. The reasoning the staff (I forget which coach said it) was cause Patchan was better on 3rd down! lol

So no... u haven’t explained it. Unless u are saying Manure was lying that he was cleared to play fully

However there is one very good reason backed up by multiple examples during Mini-me’s time here. I’ll let u guess what that is

Lol at benching blades , he got sat during the VT game , that was it. He was going to be back starting before his health issue. Not sure where that bs came from, he got a little spanking for VT, nothing more.

Ford as example is hurting your argument. He’s been mediocre for awhile now yet was still in and out of the starting lineup. Which is a shame, It took a year and a half of mediocre play to cut his snaps? Lol. Flagg played some yet you’re acting like he took Jennings job, BJ was atrocious yet they kept him starting , let’s not even discuss mccloud. You’re reaching over the years to find any name you can even though some of the names aren’t from this staff or there wasn’t any depth at the group. You once again used that method with Clark and Campbell, they had to play as Fr. God awful recruiting at lb, cb and ol put them out there.

If you choose not to believe me that’s fine , but there’s been an issue with this for awhile. Especially with manny. I’m not going to put dirt on the board but there’s a reason I keep saying there’ll be more younger guys playing or starting this year. Take that as you will.
Case closed after this reply! Slayed brotha!

There’s Fr starters every year at most schools that recruit at a high level. Plenty play , so I don’t agree it’s only because there’s holes. Even bama has starters most years who are fr or at least in the rotation. Just like Clemson , uga , osu on down. A lot of times the new kid is just better, at Miami recently it’s more there’s nobody else.

But that’s not my point , once again my point is we won’t play guys say a smith over vets who can’t get the job done, who continually drop easy passes costing us points. There’s no reason for that and it’s a bad look. Just like Jennings and Mccloud on d, if the upperclassmen keeps ******** up you can’t keep rolling him out there.

I know some folks can’t wrap their head around my point because their head is so far up the staffs butt to hear it. I feel like I’m repeating myself over and over in these threads.

So I’ll just stop now lol.
Keep repeating... I luv it.

maybe they’ll finally see the light... well, probably not!

This debate is like discussing someone who fell off a roof and asking whether his death was more caused by falling or suddenly stopping falling. Both, I guess. But whatever.

- Does manny have some mix of insecurity and loyalty that impacts his personnel decisions? Yes IMO
- Have our frosh been ready to play above seniors? Not really
- Does our staff have challenges preparing true frosh to play? Yep
- Is manny’s issue here a big deal or a little one relative to our problems elsewhere? Meh
- Have we had a recruiting issue? Duh

Advertisement
Back