Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

Brevin Jordan, Ahmon Richards, Zion Nelson, Trajan Bandy, Shaq Quarterman, Michael Pickney, Jaquan Johnson, Joe Jackson and there’s more

Jaquan didn’t start as a true freshman. Neither did Bandy; Bandy got reps though. The other guys are correct, though. However, if I’m not mistaken, Shaq, Pinck and McCloud started b/c literally we had no choice.

Advertisement
Very much disingenuous with tour list. A much better comparison to the list you just typed would be what we do with taylor and Williams. Those guys you listed were all HIGHLY rated players coming out.

I don’t disagree that Ivey should be on the bench but to compare what we do with freshman (who we play) to those guys who were top 3 kids at their position isn’t a fair comparison

Again, I went off the top of the head....however, u make a fair point regarding my list...but @Liberty City El list were not top 3 at their respective positions.

Lol at benching blades , he got sat during the VT game , that was it. He was going to be back starting before his health issue. Not sure where that bs came from, he got a little spanking for VT, nothing more.

Ford as example is hurting your argument. He’s been mediocre for awhile now yet was still in and out of the starting lineup. Which is a shame, It took a year and a half of mediocre play to cut his snaps? Lol. Flagg played some yet you’re acting like he took Jennings job, BJ was atrocious yet they kept him starting , let’s not even discuss mccloud. You’re reaching over the years to find any name you can even though some of the names aren’t from this staff or there wasn’t any depth at the group. You once again used that method with Clark and Campbell, they had to play as Fr. God awful recruiting at lb, cb and ol put them out there.

If you choose not to believe me that’s fine , but there’s been an issue with this for awhile. Especially with manny. I’m not going to put dirt on the board but there’s a reason I keep saying there’ll be more younger guys playing or starting this year. Take that as you will.
I do want to point out one thing.

You diminish the Clark and Zion examples and say because there were no options. Thats not true.

Zion and Clarke passed up plenty of upperclassmen that were available.

Kai-leon Herbert
Zalontea Hillary
Cleveland Reed

Those are three older guys that were surpassed by freshman.

Yea they suck, but senior argument is playing older guys over younger more talented guys, and that simply didn't happen there.

So to diminish that fact, is disingenuous and biased to fit an argument.

Jaquan didn’t start as a true freshman. Neither did Bandy; Bandy got reps though. The other guys are correct, though. However, if I’m not mistaken, Shaq, Pinck and McCloud started b/c literally we had no choice.

Having no choice is why the majority of young guys see action at most programs.

All three were god awful , just go put duke game on. Like I said “ there was no options. No upperclassmen.

Herbert was severely overrated coming In, Hilley was a reach because we sucked at recruiting ol. Reed entered the portal and it spit him back out and said “ yuck”.

Last edited:
Advertisement

You diminish the Clark and Zion examples and say because there were no options. Thats not true.

Kai-leon Herbert
Zalontea Hillary
Cleveland Reed

Yea they suck, but senior argument is playing older guys over younger more talented guys, and that simply didn't happen there.

Clark is below average yet he beat those guys out. By Clark and 280 pound Zion starting tells you those guys were god freaking awful. Hillery and Herbert were two of the worst ol I’ve ever seen at Miami. The duke game was an atrocity when they had to play. The ol was so bad that spring the coaches had to stop rushing to get plays off or put in walk ons. Yes, it was that bad. We couldn’t even run plays.

Last edited:
Clark is below average yet he beat those guys out. By Clark and 280 pound Zion starting tells you those guys were good freaking awful. Hillery and Herbert were two of the worst ol I’ve ever seen at Miami. The duke game was an atrocity when they had to play. The ol was so bad that spring the coaches had to stop rushing to plays off or put in walk ons. Yes, it was that bad. We couldn’t even run plays.
Yes completely agree those guys are awful.

BUT they were older. And thats the argument I'm hearing. Manny plays older guys over more talented younger guys.

Advertisement

Kai-leon Herbert
Zalontea Hillary
Cleveland Reed

I'm specifically talking about Defense though.

Last edited:
Ironically majority of those guys are position groups we’ve recruited horribly over the years. The cb and lb recruiting has been awful the entire time manny has been here, even as a dc. 55 and 56 had to play , there wasnt hardly any lbs left. Either kicked off or other issues. Finally we’re at Zion, the one guy who shouldn’t of ever played as a Fr, it was coaching malpractice and one of the worst coaching decisions I’ve even seen. Jj was special , other than Jackson the rest was richt guys on the offense. Manny is where the issues is with upperclassmen. There’s more than enough evidence over the years there’s smoke there.
Isn’t that the reason most freshmen get playing time? I mean there’s certainly a handful of advanced guys who are just great right away but most of the time if you’re playing freshmen it’s because you don’t have a choice.

There’s probably three incoming freshmen who should get significant snaps this season. Taylor, James Williams and Arroyo. Not counting Borregales at K and the possibility of a guy getting chances to return kicks. If we’re counting on any of the other guys to play big roles this year, we’re in trouble.

Last edited:
Isn’t that the reason most freshmen get playing time? I mean there’s certainly a handful of advanced guys who are just great right away but most of the time if you’re playing freshmen it’s because you don’t have a choice.
There’s Fr starters every year at most schools that recruit at a high level. Plenty play , so I don’t agree it’s only because there’s holes. Even bama has starters most years who are fr or at least in the rotation. Just like Clemson , uga , osu on down. A lot of times the new kid is just better, at Miami recently it’s more there’s nobody else.

But that’s not my point , once again my point is we won’t play guys say a smith over vets who can’t get the job done, who continually drop easy passes costing us points. There’s no reason for that and it’s a bad look. Just like Jennings and Mccloud on d, if the upperclassmen keeps ******** up you can’t keep rolling him out there.

I know some folks can’t wrap their head around my point because their head is so far up the staffs butt to hear it. I feel like I’m repeating myself over and over in these threads.

So I’ll just stop now lol.

Last edited:
Watch McCloud lead the team in sacks this year.

I mean, not really but his skill set is better used at defensive end.
He would be a bigger success story than ol Knowles. If McCloud improves, it's a win. If not, someone will pass him up and is his last year.

Win/win.

Advertisement

There’s probably three incoming freshmen who should get significant snaps this season. Taylor, James Williams and Arroyo. Not counting Borregales at K and the possibility of a guy getting chances to return kicks. If we’re counting on any of the other guys to play big roles this year, we’re in trouble.
I would put Avantae in this group since he's never played s snap he's basically a true freshman IMO

Clark is below average yet he beat those guys out. By Clark and 280 pound Zion starting tells you those guys were god freaking awful. Hillery and Herbert were two of the worst ol I’ve ever seen at Miami. The duke game was an atrocity when they had to play. The ol was so bad that spring the coaches had to stop rushing to get plays off or put in walk ons. Yes, it was that bad. We couldn’t even run plays.
And yet Penos gave no help to the T's and OL with his scheme, it was truly a **** show.

This is the correct answer. There's certainly a comfort level with a veteran player that factors in to the equation. Likewise, we see freshmen getting snaps to gain experience to prove themselves.
False. Because that doesn’t lead to 100 threads arguing the same thing. It simply has to be one of the polarizing sides of this argument. Even though no one actually believes it.

Manny has played young players. Manny prefers experience. Manny has been loyal to a fault to the two WRs.

All could be true, but we are crying about who we will play in September in March off two clips because one of our go to posters stirred up ****.

****** dumb

Advertisement
I agree, but it will because TRob loves him.

He has told multiple people that Ivey reminds him of Jaycee Horn, minus the confidence. TIFWIW, but TRob is a straight shooter and not afraid to criticize a player.
I told everyone Ivey would start. He's not as bad as most make him out to be. Now could we have recruited better? Of course but we didn't and now he's the 2nd-3rd bests CB on our team.

Last edited:
He would be a bigger success story than ol Knowles. If McCloud improves, it's a win. If not, someone will pass him up and is his last year.

Win/win.
McCloud has been much more of a disappointment though. Knowles shouldn’t have been here. He wasn’t a good athlete. McCloud was a 4 star player. He was the most athletic of the freshman trio that started in 2016.

Advertisement
Back