Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have seen discussions of 3. But how could Tuesday be practice 5 without a practice 4?

I want to hear from Scaife. Hope the interviewers press him on his S&C. Kid was all set to have a breakout junior year and really struggled. If Scaife and Donaldson can be who we all thought they would be next year, we could have a very impressive line.

I want to hear from Scaife. Hope the interviewers press him on his S&C. Kid was all set to have a breakout junior year and really struggled. If Scaife and Donaldson can be who we all thought they would be next year, we could have a very impressive line.
Kid should be a great guard... but idk if he just can’t get out of the mentality of being a tackle

Advertisement
I rewatched the 2017 ND game recently and 55 was mauling dudes. I think fans forget how good he was before the injury and weight issues. I know I forgot how solid the run game execution was on that team. Not a huge surprise considering Thomas Brown is now being groomed as an NFL HC candidate.

Scaife made a lot of mental errors but part of his issues stem from playing inside where the physical aspect of the game is more extreme and happens quicker on a down-to-down basis. I don't know if that will just fix itself with experience but I've seen Alex Cappa shift from LT to RG in the NFL, struggle with that aspect then play well in his 2nd year.

Agreed. But I think Rivers is a grown man walking for that other OG spot opposite Donaldson. Maybe Scaife can improve as much that he anchors a key backup rotational role?

Agreed. But I think Rivers is a grown man walking for that other OG spot opposite Donaldson. Maybe Scaife can improve as much that he anchors a key backup rotational role?
Scaife should be playing center. He’s got enough hold and a good body for it. Rivers is the most physically gifted OL on the team and it’s not close IMO. It’s up to the coaches to get him ready. No excuse in **** as to why he’s not starting this season.

I rewatched the 2017 ND game recently and 55 was mauling dudes. I think fans forget how good he was before the injury and weight issues. I know I forgot how solid the run game execution was on that team. Not a huge surprise considering Thomas Brown is now being groomed as an NFL HC candidate.

Scaife made a lot of mental errors but part of his issues stem from playing inside where the physical aspect of the game is more extreme and happens quicker on a down-to-down basis. I don't know if that will just fix itself with experience but I've seen Alex Cappa shift from LT to RG in the NFL, struggle with that aspect then play well in his 2nd year.
Kid should be a great guard... but idk if he just can’t get out of the mentality of being a tackle

@gogeta4 has been preaching that Scaife is a better tackle than guard since day 1.

Hopefully you are right, HighSeas, and Scaife can adjust and excel against the physical nature of playing inside. Maybe he moves back outside when Williams leaves if it doesn’t work out.

Advertisement
First question to scaife: what part of Spain did you study in to learn that O-Lay technique.

First question to McCloud: will you need a different true freshman this year to teach you where to line up again
No need to ask Scaife that question. Scaife had been receiving off season training from Zev Lumelski, J Ina and Shabaka Abdul-Majid.

Advertisement
That ship's been sitting at the dock ready to sail for awhile - they need to finally cast off the ****ing lines...

Advertisement
Back