Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pencil in McCloud as a starter at SDE.

DeAndre will be playing the rotational role that Trent Harris/Trevon Hill played. And Harvey will be the guy at WDE.

Also expect a big dose of BJ Jennings & DJ Ivey all year too lol The Safeties will remain Bolden, Hall & Carter, the young Safeties will only play 3rd team & mop up duty.

Seniority always wins with Manny.

Advertisement
Just a note: JHH also missed three games in the middle of the season- after the NC State game- due to COVID related reasons. He was never able to get fully back or make much of an impact through the bowl game.

TVD was in the same situation; that's a minimum of 4 weeks and as much as 6 weeks. From what has been said about the younger guys and COVID, I don't think you can dismiss that as having a big effect on their development last season. It's just a fact; you cannot miss 4 weeks or more as well as having no spring and expect to make a big difference.

I want to hear from Scaife. Hope the interviewers press him on his S&C. Kid was all set to have a breakout junior year and really struggled. If Scaife and Donaldson can be who we all thought they would be next year, we could have a very impressive line.
I like Campbell as a starting guard. I think he and Donaldson are our best options at guard.

DeAndre will be playing the rotational role that Trent Harris/Trevon Hill played. And Harvey will be the guy at WDE.

Also expect a big dose of BJ Jennings & DJ Ivey all year too lol The Safeties will remain Bolden, Hall & Carter, the young Safeties will only play 3rd team & mop up duty.

That’s a lot of assumptions based on a single comment don’t you think?

Advertisement

sad but true 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement

You think TRob and Simpson have no say? You take a mope pill today? Let's see what happens before you go on suicide watch.

I'm sorry, but 2 of the younger players need to move past Jennings. He wasn't much better than McCloud and perhaps even worse at times. Both diagnose playes too slow and Jennings is just too slow. We need LBs that can diagnose quickly and run down plays. I'm looking for Austin-Cave, Brooks, Huff, and Flagg to have significant minutes this year.

I do agree with what you said on Manny playing seniors. He plays upperclassmen more to the detriment of the team. I don't know if it's his master plan to have more senior oriented teams by keeping young guys on the bench so they can't declare early for the draft? If so, he risks losing young players to the Portal when these young men know they're better than the upperclassmen ahead of them.

Last edited:
There is no way McCloud is going to hold up in running game. I believe there is a spot for him on this team as passing down d end. If he is logging major snaps at DE we’re in trouble. Same goes for Carter at Safety. Those 2 guys on the field together again this season playing major snaps is a recipe for disaster until proven otherwise. And it means manny hasn’t gotten over the seniority hump.

Advertisement
Back