Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

Advertisement
He was a true freshman, coming off an injury, with no spring practice, and no prior history playing in an actual game, yet you think he should have started over a 4 year junior in the first game of the year against Florida because he was cleared to play. :youre-nuts:

He didn't start out racking up sacks. They came as he got more playing time. There's a bit of revisionist history going on in your mind.
Uhhh... I’m not sure what’s going on in your mind, but without looking it up I’m 99% sure that Rousseau played the year before (and was looking really good) until he got injured. So how could he be a tru freshman?

But I’m not the only one that thinks Rousseau should have been starting by game 3... even Manny slurpers agree with me.

This really shouldn’t be up for debate, but peeps still defend manny for starting Patchan til game 6... unbelievable

Lofty expectations only become excuse because Miami never develops their highly ranked players.

At every other winning program in D1 football they take their high 4/5-star players & turn them into 1st round draft picks, at Miami they have to sit on the bench for 4 & half years before they can be expected to contribute.

That’s the disconnect. At schools like Clemson, OH St, Oklahoma, Bama, LSU, Auburn, UGA, Texas, TAMU, USC even Oregon for God’s sake takes kids like we’ve signed over the last few classes & turn them into NFL players & it doesn’t take 5 years for them to see the field, they play TF’s all over their team on both sides of the ball.

The truth is, Miami has been sold a bill of goods that it takes 10 gestational periods before a player can ever see the field in anything more than 3rd teams reps. Elias Ricks was starting TRUE FRESHMAN All-American last year, he showed up to campus at LSU & already played better than Ivey has in 3 years, same thing with Derek Stingley, he started asa TF at LSU & was immediately dominant as a corner, same with Tony Grimes at UNC, meanwhile Miami still hasn’t figured out that they have a LB playing Boundary corner, but because ‘hE lOoKs gOoD iN pRaCtiCe bRo!” He gets to start for his entire career despite how awful he’s been.

Yall get mad at people who tell the truth because yall want everyone to run spin jobs & make a litany of excuses, but the reality is, these eLitE upperclassmen yall are so attached to make more mistakes than any young player could ever imagine, but because they supposedly know how to get lined up correctly yall just whip your memories clean & pretend like they’re all of the sudden going to transform into a player they’re not.

A guy who’s been here for years but has never played well is who yall bet the house on at multiple positions, then when they get out there & keep making the same mistakes they’ve made since they first started playing yall act all shocked & surprised lol.
Please tell me that you didn’t just try to compare Elias Ricks, Derek Stingley and Tony Grimes to anybody we have had on our roster in the past 10 years. Those guys, mainly played because they were world class 5 star talents as recruits and were on rosters that had depth issues at their position.

Just because a guy is from SFL and was a four star doesn’t mean he’s going to show up on campus day 1 and contribute like a Ricks.

Man, I could put a laundry list together of guys who flamed out at those programs that you listed. The difference between Miami and them is that they can afford to have those gaps in identifying/developing talent because they have so much depth. When a corner flames out here it’s the end of the world because we banked so much on him. We need to start stacking chips so when someone like a DJ Ivey or Mark pope doesn’t pan out we aren’t stuck with our ****s in our hands.

we have our issues 100%, but a lot of fans here need to accept the reality of where we are right now...right or wrong.

Last edited:
Uhhh... I’m not sure what’s going on in your mind, but without looking it up I’m 99% sure that Rousseau played the year before (and was looking really good) until he got injured. So how could he be a tru freshman?

But I’m not the only one that thinks Rousseau should have been starting by game 3... even Manny slurpers agree with me.

This really shouldn’t be up for debate, but peeps still defend manny for starting Patchan til game 6... unbelievable
He wasn’t a true freshman, but rather a redshirt freshman coming into 2019. However he never played his 2018 year because he got hurt prior to the season. So his first and last snaps in real game action as a Cane were in 2019.

Advertisement
He wasn’t a true freshman, but rather a redshirt freshman coming into 2019. However he never played his 2018 year because he got hurt prior to the season. So his first and last snaps in real game action as a Cane were in 2019.
So u just had to make me Google it! I knew I remembered him playing... but maybe espn is wrong too?!?

Um, nowhere in that article does it say he wasn’t healthy in any games... no matter how many times u say otherwise.

Here’s his comments after game two. Notice... no mention of injury. Cause he was HEALTHY! Just not getting the playing time he deserved

I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to understand, but when you have a player returning from an injury...especially one with the history of Greg you don’t want to throw him to the flames and have him play 90% snaps.

Not only will their conditioning not be there, but you run the high risk of re-aggravating the injury or causing a new one for over compensating.

manny and staff ***** a lot of things up, but they handled the Greg situation as good as they could have. He still had a dominant year and didn’t get injured again.

Last edited:

He broke his ankle in our second game. He had one solo tackle when it happened.

Ok, so my bad. He got hurt very early in 2018. I had thought it was in camp. Not sure why you feel the need to come at me when I was only trying to help clarify in the conversation. But since you did, I’ll point out that him “looking good” with 5 tackles on the season is a questionable assessment.
Regardless, I still agree that he should have started much sooner than 6 games in, given that his health was not a concern. I was never arguing against that point.
So u just had to make me Google it! I knew I remembered him playing... but maybe espn is wrong too?!?

Advertisement
Please tell me that you didn’t just try to compare Elias Ricks, Derek Stingley and Tony Grimes to anybody we have had on our roster in the past 10 years. Those guys, mainly played because they were world class 5 star talents as recruits and were on rosters that had depth issues at their position.

Just because a guy is from SFL and was a four star doesn’t mean he’s going to show up on campus day 1 and contribute like a Ricks.

Man, I could put a laundry list together of guys who flamed out at those programs that you listed. The difference between Miami and them is that they can afford to have those gaps in identifying/developing talent because they have so much depth. When a corner flames out here it’s the end of the world because we banked so much on him. We need to start stacking chips so when someone like a DJ Ivey or Mark pope doesn’t pan out we aren’t stuck with our ****s in our hands.

we have our issues 100%, but a lot of fans here need to accept the reality of where we are right now...right or wrong.
We don have to play Ivey due to lack of depth, there's at least 4 other corners behind him who could very easily play Boundary & be better than him, the reason why he plays is because Manny wants him to.

And no I didn't compare those 3 to any CB we've signed recently, the point that flew over all yall's heads was that other programs don't have to strictly rely on 5th year Seniors in order to have a chance to win, Miami fans have convinced themselves that anytime we sign a guy that he's supposed to sit on the bench for 4 years before he can ever play a snap, while simultaneously making excuses for some slow lumbering upperclassmen who constantly plays like sh*t but is never held accountable for it.

And if you scroll down the same page you quoted this comment from you'll see I posted on multiple TF CB's from smaller schools who came in & played better than Ivey as 18 year olds & they were all lower ranked than him.

You guys get real obtuse when it comes to missing the point about why Ivey being a shoo-in starter is a problem lol, but what no one can deny is that there's a sh*t ton of film that shows why someone like me would be making a big fuss about him starting again...

I literally had these exact same discussions last year about Ivey & unfortunately it played out exactly as I cautioned... Deja fckin Vu.

Ok, so my bad. He got hurt very early in 2018. I had thought it was in camp. Not sure why you feel the need to come at me when I was only trying to help clarify in the conversation. But since you did, I’ll point out that him “looking good” with 5 tackles on the season is a questionable assessment.
Regardless, I still agree that he should have started much sooner than 6 games in, given that his health was not a concern. I was never arguing against that point.
I thought he looked good on those five tackles and his play in general. I’m not sure how easy it is to find the thread, but a lot of peeps here saw it and commented on it too and were very disappointed he got injured in the game.

but I’m not “coming at you”. You called my post out and said he hadn’t played prior 2019 ... which was invalidating the truth/fact that I pointed out. So I was correcting your incorrect statement.

I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to understand, but when you have a player returning from an injury...especially one with the history of Greg you don’t want to throw him to the flames and have him play 90% snaps.

Not only will their conditioning not be there, but you run the high risk of re-aggravating the injury or causing a new one for over compensating.

manny and staff ***** a lot of things up, but they handled the Greg situation as good as they could have. He still had a dominant year and didn’t get injured again.
Okay so the correct move was to wait until game 6 to start the better player? Got it

Advertisement
We don have to play Ivey due to lack of depth, there's at least 4 other corners behind him who could very easily play Boundary & be better than him, the reason why he plays is because Manny wants him to.

And no I didn't compare those 3 to any CB we've signed recently, the point that flew over all yall's heads was that other programs don't have to strictly rely on 5th year Seniors in order to have a chance to win, Miami fans have convinced themselves that anytime we sign a guy that he's supposed to sit on the bench for 4 years before he can ever play a snap, while simultaneously making excuses for some slow lumbering upperclassmen who constantly plays like sh*t but is never held accountable for it.

And if you scroll down the same page you quoted this comment from you'll see I posted on multiple TF CB's from smaller schools who came in & played better than Ivey as 18 year olds & they were all lower ranked than him.

You guys get real obtuse when it comes to missing the point about why Ivey being a shoo-in starter is a problem lol, but what no one can deny is that there's a sh*t ton of film that shows why someone like me would be making a big fuss about him starting again...

I literally had these exact same discussions last year about Ivey & unfortunately it played out exactly as I cautioned... Deja fckin Vu.
Liberty you got any insight into how ur boy Brooks is doing? D said he may be dealing with some nagging injuries?

Richt >>> Manny

confirmed
Richt >>> Butch

confirmed

Mark+Richt+Butch+Davis+Florida+International+wEjF87sicpsl.jpg

I’m with you on Ivey. He is not a Miami caliber cornerback. That is understood and like you said was known before last year. Unfortunately, He had to play/start last year because we did a **** job evaluating and recruiting. At some points last year we had 4 scholarship CBs available and two of them were true freshmen who weren’t physically capable of logging starter reps IMO.

I personally think it’s going to be rique, blades, couch then hopefully dunson/Clarke take a step toward.

To summarize, some people think he plays favorites because he sticks to older guys. Some coaches, right or wrong, only want guys out there they 100% trust. I personally think the bigger issues is our lack of ability to evaluate/recruit. Other than Greg and his whole situation is up for debate, what guy who has had to wait his turn ended up being exponentially better than the starter he had to sit behind? JHH?

Advertisement
Okay so the correct move was to wait until game 6 to start the better player? Got it
Yes. Back injuries are no joke...especially as a lineman. His snap count gradually increased week after week.

if they rushed him back and he was hurt in game 1 or 2 you would have been cursing manny’s name to the heavens for rushing Greg back so quickly.

He was looking good in the one game against Savannah State with his 1 solo tackle

Were you jerking off Lingard after that game as well?

He was looking good in the one game against Savannah State with his 1 solo tackle

Were you jerking off Lingard after that game as well?
Yup Lin-da-gawd was great against Savannah State too. I am just stating facts. U guys can circle jerk all u want tho

Advertisement
Back