Practice #5

Advertisement
Another transfer fail. Guy never got close to PT. Man we are in trouble at T this year.
Would bet my paycheck Rivers and Walker would probably start for us this year. Lol
I disagree. I think it's that Campbell, Herbert, Hillary, Reed, and Nelson have all improved and passed right by Brown. I believe we have more and better offensive line depth than we've had in years. These guys just have developed and it's their time to shine. Couple them with Donaldson, Scaife, & Gaynor and now you have something. They need to gel as a unit and gain game experience.

I would expect the next OL to transfer is Dykstra. He's getting pasted like a Nascar with a flat tire.

Just to clarify (something CIS didn't write) for those who end up reading the link provided earlier in the thread and then later expecting some wildness:

Today, I saw shifts and formations that I had not seen before. Both Will Mallory and Brevin Jordan were lined up next to each other and motioned at the same time while Brian Hightower motioned in from the outside. It was a very unique formation.

That's a shift. Not a motion. Don't expect 2-3 guys in motion during games. It's a penalty. He may have meant shifts (since he used the word before), but I can already see some people saying "we read about these crazy motions during fall camp" and half-expecting arena football.

With Scaife inside, its got to mean they have more faith in herbert and Nelson that we want to believe. Heck they are going against the best DE's in practice.. Minus Zuniga no one comes to mind as far as a equal competitor as to what our Ts are seeing in practice. Practise just started, but having scaife inside must mean that they have more faith in the Tackles then they do the guards.. I think Scaife is better suited as a OT, but the combo of Donaldson,Gaynor and Scaife as the middle 3 sounds good as well.

Scaife has All-American potential at guard. At tackle he's merely good.

Advertisement
Actually, it's true. It might not be reasonable, but it's true. My first thought was, "The ball could be underthrown by 10 yards and still be complete."

I'm going to say it was a perfect pass to make myself feel better. Knowles had the tightest coverage ever known.
Hate to say it but only way Knowles EVER has tight coverage is if the reciever gives him a piggy back ride.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was a Frosh WR who obviously looked good in practice and worked his **** off to get playing time. Whether it be his route running, his blocking, his effort, and separation from defenders.
Yes, he had the dropsies in his very first season at this level but that does not mean we should put a scarlet letter on him and make fun of him every time he hits the field.
I am not saying give up on him. What I am saying is that last year there was no accountability, he would go out and drop three passes in every game. He should of sat a quarter ever time he dropped the ball.

I want Scaife at LT but he finished the spring at LG, and now has opened up camp at RG.

Feels like BB is trying his best to make chicken salad out of chicken you know what.
So you dont feel we should have players practice at multiple positions who are capable & will inevitably be called on to play multiple positions due to the fact we have ZERO depth on the line worth any substance? Our wr unit **** near half of them are doing the same thing. He knows his starting spot and he knows how to hold it down. For cohesions sake atleast other people need burn at that spot and him elsewhere cause **** always be in the lineup if healthy. It's not unique to Barry doing this by the way.

Advertisement
Thats true but tebow played in a offense that doesn't require a great passer. Urban has had guys like miller and barrett who weren't these great passers but they fit that offense and won a lot of games.
The myth of Tebow “just winning” or “all he does is win” has always been interesting. He lost around 7 games as a starter at uf which is not a great winning percentage for a college qb. And he was just barely above .500 as a starter in nfl.

I get OP’s point but there are better examples for “winning” than Timmy.

I am not saying give up on him. What I am saying is that last year there was no accountability, he would go out and drop three passes in every game. He should of sat a quarter ever time he dropped the ball.
We have to look at that within proper context and keep things in perspective.
Near the middle-to- end of the season we had many injuries at WR and at TE that it was very logical to see him out there.
But whatever, last season was last season.

I want Scaife at LT but he finished the spring at LG, and now has opened up camp at RG.

Feels like BB is trying his best to make chicken salad out of chicken you know what.
They are definitely making Butch earn his paycheck

Week 1 can't get here fast enough, I'm ready for the season.. Tired of hearing fans feedback, just ready to see the boys in action!! Let's put the best 11 on the field week in and week out, whoever that might be!!

Advertisement
Back