Practice #5

Advertisement
The obsession some people on this board have with hating on Knowles is downright bizarre.
Same with Wiggins.

I would like to see them matched up in practice and see what people would say.

"Man that catch by Wiggins does not count cause it was on Knowles." (Very next play) "Man that pass breakup does not count cause Wiggins always bobbles the ball."

He was never gonna play. Behind Zion & Herbert they have Campbell & Hillery working with the 2nd team. In the case of an injury I would imagine Scaife kicks back out to tackle and they bring in somebody like Reed.

This won't hurt us. If we were ever in a position where we had to trust Brown for quality snaps, we'd be in deep **** anyway.
Exactly. It's not ideal true numbers wise but it's likely our first option in case of injury is kicking scaife back out to tackle.

Advertisement
He was never gonna play. Behind Zion & Herbert they have Campbell & Hillery working with the 2nd team. In the case of an injury I would imagine Scaife kicks back out to tackle and they bring in somebody like Reed.

This won't hurt us. If we were ever in a position where we had to trust Brown for quality snaps, we'd be in deep **** anyway.

I knew Hillery was there but again, he didn't sniff the field outside of a random spot or 2 as #33. Didn't see that JC was at tackle - haven't read much how he's progressing.

This!!

One of the best NFL (Favre) and College (Tebow) QBs of all times... were also the worst passers. They just had that it factor to win games. So no need to judge them until they actually play a game.

Exactly. The "IT" Factor is crucial.

Same with Wiggins.

I would like to see them matched up in practice and see what people would say.

"Man that catch by Wiggins does not count cause it was on Knowles." (Very next play) "Man that pass breakup does not count cause Wiggins always bobbles the ball."
Wiggins was a product of the lack of accountability on the offense last year. Wiggins should not have seen any playing time after a while with all of his drops....

I want Scaife at LT but he finished the spring at LG, and now has opened up camp at RG.

Feels like BB is trying his best to make chicken salad out of chicken you know what.

With Scaife inside, its got to mean they have more faith in herbert and Nelson that we want to believe. Heck they are going against the best DE's in practice.. Minus Zuniga no one comes to mind as far as a equal competitor as to what our Ts are seeing in practice. Practise just started, but having scaife inside must mean that they have more faith in the Tackles then they do the guards.. I think Scaife is better suited as a OT, but the combo of Donaldson,Gaynor and Scaife as the middle 3 sounds good as well.

Advertisement
This!!

One of the best NFL (Favre) and College (Tebow) QBs of all times... were also the worst passers. They just had that it factor to win games. So no need to judge them until they actually play a game.
Thats true but tebow played in a offense that doesn't require a great passer. Urban has had guys like miller and barrett who weren't these great passers but they fit that offense and won a lot of games.

Advertisement
This!!

You can't honestly sit there and tell me Brett Favre was one of the worst passers of all time. He might have thrown some risky passes but he was consistently among the league leaders in pretty much every passing statistic. He's one of the BEST passers of all time.

Teblow, on the other hand was an option quarterback who threw like a girl.

Advertisement
Wiggins was a product of the lack of accountability on the offense last year. Wiggins should not have seen any playing time after a while with all of his drops....
He was a Frosh WR who obviously looked good in practice and worked his **** off to get playing time. Whether it be his route running, his blocking, his effort, and separation from defenders.
Yes, he had the dropsies in his very first season at this level but that does not mean we should put a scarlet letter on him and make fun of him every time he hits the field.

Advertisement
Back