Practice #3

Advertisement
The majority of those completions/attempts were bubble screens and rollouts(scrambles) 5yd outs...stop with the, "he was 23-28" bs. You're giving too much credit for stats that are a bit misleading due to type of passes he threw. Tate can play and he's a winner, but this isn't high school. JW & Perry are under different supervision now. Maybe they will actually progress into the guys that their potential foreseen. Nobody knows where this is headed on 3/22.
Of course most of his passes were short. If he had gone 23-28 on bombs he would have been the greatest quarterback in the history of all time. The bottom line is he completed those passes in live game action which was a lot more than you could say for Perry during the 2017 season. Besides, have you even watched our quarterback play the last two years? We would have killed for Rosier or Perry to be anywhere near that accurate on short passes.

Advertisement
Tate is more a gamer.

I told people he doesn’t have the physical throwing tools that Perry or Jarren have nor the size.

What he does better than those two are play on the run or move.

Enos asks his QB to throw on the run so that is where Martell can excel. Also he can perform when the pocket breaks down better than Perry or Williams.

In a pure throwing exhibition Martell is the worst of the group, but QB is not played just on throwing an out route from the pocket...especially with Miami’s OL.
Not simply addressing you. But I dont understand why as a fan base we would want our quarterback play going in to involve asteriks. Period I want our quarterback play to put us on each and every down in the best possible position to score from any situation. Also I REALLY think yall are a lil confused about how athletic jarren is as well. Yes tate is a beast on the run and when the pocket breaks. But jarren ain't too shabby himself in those situations. He needs to develop a better pocket presence though & so does kosi.

Not simply addressing you. But I dont understand why as a fan base we would want our quarterback play going in to involve asteriks. Period I want our quarterback play to put us on each and every down in the best possible position to score from any situation. Also I REALLY think yall are a lil confused about how athletic jarren is as well. Yes tate is a beast on the run and when the pocket breaks. But jarren ain't too shabby himself in those situations. He needs to develop a better pocket presence though & so does kosi.
I’m rooting for any QB that gives us best chance. You still feel comfortable with Martell at the helm?

From seeing Jarren play in HS, I believed he would need a really good QB Coach before he'd hit his potential. Still believe this and hoping it's Enos. As for Tate, all he has ever done is WIN. Great trait for a QB. Perry? Hoping for the best. Talent is there.
I'm glad we have Enos. I know all these dudes are going to grow under his leadership.
Curious here. So is only winning supposed to be a tate thing opposed to nkosi or jarren? Or is it a bishop Gorman opposed to central gwinnett and wherever the **** kosi went thing? I'd say it really helps to have a team like gorman behind you if the qb is gonna get all the credit for wins. Imagine what ****kowski thought while he was at img...

Advertisement
I’m rooting for any QB that gives us best chance. You still feel comfortable with Martell at the helm?
I'm comfortable with tate or jarren because enos will put them in the best position to suceed. But jarren can make our offense really special. For nephews sake I'm definitely pulling for jarren here.

I'm comfortable with tate or jarren because enos will put them in the best position to suceed. But jarren can make our offense really special. For nephews sake I'm definitely pulling for jarren here.
Just curious, how’s spring been going for Brian? I thought he really flashed last year in a tough spot. I haven’t heard much about the WRs in general other than KJ and Jeff being back.

I am comfortable with either of thosebtwobas well. I am also equally as excited to see what N'kosi can do in this system, as I am the other two. Do you not think that he has a dog in this fight?

Advertisement
I think a lot of people (like me) have to reprogram our minds and remember guys like JW and NP have a clean slate and can get better under Enos. Will take some time though because I’m so ****ed at how slowly Nkosi progressed (he was the savior 2 years ago) and how JW couldn’t unseat him or Rosier. So we want to throw them in the trash and give Martell the job. I’m just glad there is legit competition again.

I think a lot of people (like me) have to reprogram our minds and remember guys like JW and NP have a clean slate and can get better under Enos. Will take some time though because I’m so ****ed at how slowly Nkosi progressed (he was the savior 2 years ago) and how JW couldn’t unseat him or Rosier. So we want to throw them in the trash and give Martell the job. I’m just glad there is legit competition again.

Yeah, I hear you. However, I don't really think Jon Richt was to blame for N'Kosi's social media posts. Otherwise, yeah. Enos is a major upgrade from what the Richt's were coaching.

Of course most of his passes were short. If he had gone 23-28 on bombs he would have been the greatest quarterback in the history of all time. The bottom line is he completed those passes in live game action which was a lot more than you could say for Perry during the 2017 season. Besides, have you even watched our quarterback play the last two years? We would have killed for Rosier or Perry to be anywhere near that accurate on short passes.
You can't be that simple and claim to be a canes fan...i don't recall a precision route tree in richt's playbook that allow Perry or #12 to throw a group of short passes. So you watched canes football a year ago and blame the pupils and not the teacher. If tate was so dawn accurate in the coach's eyes, why was he limited to just 28 attempts in his 2nd year in the offense. Considering how they beat up on ppl, you would think the coaches would let him get his feet wet and prepare him to take over the next season. Or maybe they know what some canes don't and let him walk,SEEya"

Advertisement
You can't be that simple and claim to be a canes fan...i don't recall a precision route tree in richt's playbook that allow Perry or #12 throw a group of short passes. So you watched canes football a year ago and blame the pupils and not the teacher. If tate was so dawn accurate in the coach's eyes, why was he limited to just 28 attempts in his 2nd year in the offense. Considering how they beat up on ppl, you would think the coaches would let him get his feet wet and prepare him to take over the next season. Or maybe they know what some canes don't and let him walk,SEEya"
LOL, he ran their offense like a surgeon. 10 for 10 and a TD, with close to 100 yards rushing and another TD.

Advertisement
Back