Practice #3

Advertisement
You can't be that simple and claim to be a canes fan...i don't recall a precision route tree in richt's playbook that allow Perry or #12 to throw a group of short passes. So you watched canes football a year ago and blame the pupils and not the teacher. If tate was so dawn accurate in the coach's eyes, why was he limited to just 28 attempts in his 2nd year in the offense. Considering how they beat up on ppl, you would think the coaches would let him get his feet wet and prepare him to take over the next season. Or maybe they know what some canes don't and let him walk,SEEya"
Gotcha. How many attempts did Perry have in 2017? Zero. So why do people have more confidence in Martell now than they did in Perry in 2018? Because Martell played and played well while Perry sat on the sidelines. It's that simple. You keep moving the goal posts to try to prove some point but you're just clowning yourself. First, it was "he only threw short passes". Then it became "Richt's offense didn't feature short passes" which is even more laughable since he ran more bubbles than any coach we've ever had. Their man route combo from the RPO was the bubble/slant. Neither of those passes required throwing the ball more than 5 yards down field. Unfortunately too many of those bubbles ended up in the dirt and too many of those slants ended up being air mailed.

My original response was to my man, @reg who asked why fans are more confident in Martell now than they were in Perry last spring. The simple explanation was that he played and played well last year and Perry didn't play at all in 2017 so his erratic spring scared a lot of fans in 2018. Whoever wins the job in 2019 will be my favorite. I'm not discounting any of the guys because I'm playing favorites or have any type of dog in this race. People here believing after a few spring drills, there's already a conclusion to the competition but thankfully the coaches don't.

And they let his *** walk without a fight...your turn
Guys yall really gotta stop this stuff. We all have a prefence I'm sure. But all that should matter is good qb play and whoever the coaches decide delivering on that come game day. Whatever happend last year with our kids or tate are irrelevant. It's a new system being ran and they are all in the beginning phase of year #1 in it. They all have very limited to no experience period on game day. Let's just support these kids & just embrace a new beginning.

Advertisement
In May I am heading to Afghanistan for a 9 month assignment. Wish you all the luck out there.

I don't want to derail this thread but I do want to thank both of you for your service to this country that makes our enjoyment of these canes possible. Please know you are appreciated and prayed for. One of the 2 recent servicemen lost over there this week were the son inlaw of my partner. Heart broken for her. My prayers you return safe. God bless

Gotcha. How many attempts did Perry have in 2017? Zero. So why do people have more confidence in Martell now than they did in Perry in 2018? Because Martell played and played well while Perry sat on the sidelines. It's that simple. You keep moving the goal posts to try to prove some point but you're just clowning yourself. First, it was "he only threw short passes". Then it became "Richt's offense didn't feature short passes" which is even more laughable since he ran more bubbles than any coach we've ever had. Their man route combo from the RPO was the bubble/slant. Neither of those passes required throwing the ball more than 5 yards down field. Unfortunately too many of those bubbles ended up in the dirt and too many of those slants ended up being air mailed.
You didn't watch our games last season, i gotcha

You do know Tate sat on the sidelines as well as Perry in 2017, so you are short on your facts. I'm just here defending Perry and JW bc i keep seeing post ripping them for various things under the tutelage of the Richts. Tate steps on campus and all others are trash according to some. If he's the best option for this offense then we riding that horse, If one of Perry or JW showcase better then we ride with that horse. This bashing others to favor another is crazy. I just wanna win and win a lot, regardless of who's under center.

Advertisement
What I what to know and probably wont find out until actual game time is who's has ice in their veins, if we're down a couple scores and the QB says "follow me" and keeps the team engaged. I want to know who that's going to be?

My preference for QB1 is whoever the coaches determine gives the team the best chance for success. We have a competent OC/QB coach that will make that determination with input from the other O staff and Manny. I have more confidence in this O staff than I have in quite some time.

I have, and maybe it is Tate but that's HS. Does it always translate? Some QB's just have that killer instinct. Last 2 minutes, your tied/trailing and they drive down the field to win the game. I hope whoever's wins the competition holds that intangible.

Advertisement
You do know Tate sat on the sidelines as well as Perry in 2017, so you are short on your facts. I'm just here defending Perry and JW bc i keep seeing post ripping them for various things under the tutelage of the Richts. Tate steps on campus and all others are trash according to some. If he's the best option for this offense then we riding that horse, If one of Perry or JW showcase better then we ride with that horse. This bashing others to favor another is crazy. I just wanna win and win a lot, regardless of who's under center.
Once again. You missed my whole original point. Someone asked why people panicked in spring 2018 when Perry looked bad in practice and people aren't panicking in spring 2019 when Martell hasn't looked good. I simply answered that people aren't as concerned with Martell because, in this case, we've actually seen him play unlike I. 2018 when nobody had seen Perry do anything. You're so desperate to start an argument, you didn't even bother to read the previous posts.

Perry and Rosier got obliterated by the CIS masses during the first few spring practices last year because the early reports indicated they were still inaccurate, even though it was early in the spring.

Fast forward, we are hearing identical reports about Martell, but those very same N'kosi critics are giving Martell a pass, because they have already come to the conclusion, in their own head, that Martell is the second coming of Drew Brees. Unbelievable!

I like Martell a lot, as I do the other two QB's who are battling to be the starter. I just find it strangely ironic how the accuracy reports about 2019 Martell are almost identical to 2018 Perry/Rosier but the reception of the reports are completely different!

All 3 QB's are learning this new offense at the same time, but William's and Perry, according to almost every report that we've seen, are progressing much better in the system than Martell. Yet, the Martell apologists find ways to make up excuses. There is no doubt in my mind that Martell is going to thrive at Miami, but I can't help but laugh at the irony of it all!
Don’t do this ****, reg. You’re smart and these dummies will see this as open season on Martell based on nothing. There are certain loudmouth South Florida factions who have been waiting for any chance to unload on the little white transfer QB. So they’re spreading bullshyt about him, and it’s alread catching fire. Please don’t add to that nonsense.

Seems like Martell has won over all the fans that live on twitter and instagram. In almost all the posts from guys on here predicting big things from him they cite swag as one of the top 3 reasons why he'll succeed here. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

So make sure you guys start trashing him because it’s really terrible that UM fans are excited about one of our players. Can’t have them getting too excited about our guys. Need to start tearing them down.

Advertisement
Don’t do this ****, reg. You’re smart and these dummies will see this as open season on Martell based on nothing. There are certain loudmouth South Florida factions who have been waiting for any chance to unload on the little white transfer QB. So they’re spreading bullshyt about him, and it’s alread catching fire. Please don’t add to that nonsense.

People are already drawing lines. It’s crazy.

It shows that some people care more about their entrenched biases, than about the actual team.

Like any real fan gives a flying fūck who lines up behind center, so long as it’s the best person that gives us the best chance to win...and I don’t give three fūcks who it is.

Just put the guy there that they think can win. Which I’m sure is exactly what they are going to do. I mean it’s only the coaches’ asses that are on the line.

This is exactly what I've been thinking but didn't want to say it. All of a sudden after he's approved which most didn't think was going to happen, the pitbulls are out in full force and the only thing I can think of is he's white. Anyone that knows football and watched his film knows this kid is absolutely elite.

Curious here. So is only winning supposed to be a tate thing opposed to nkosi or jarren? Or is it a bishop Gorman opposed to central gwinnett and wherever the **** kosi went thing? I'd say it really helps to have a team like gorman behind you if the qb is gonna get all the credit for wins. Imagine what ****kowski thought while he was at img...
Good points. Difficult for me to know. I only watched Tate on QB1, so we see whatever the fvck they want us to see. I watched JW up close and personal. He had some good talent around him, but nothing like at BG.

Advertisement
Back