Practice 2

so Irvin gained 20lbs of fat in the offseason, was penalized by being put 4th on the depth chart behind a true freshman and a walk-on, and had to leave practice yesterday because of his conditioning..? Mallory and Jordan can't get here soon enough.

Playmaker needs to get a DNA test done.

Advertisement
The roster is like 1/4 walk-ons

DGOwqMeWAAA8xdg.jpg

Is Jacory back? #6

**** so players can't improve? How do we know that Malik won't improve a bit this season?

Do players not typically get better with age? Is he capped out?

Yup. That's it. Malik is done. It's over. He will never get better. It doesn't matter that it worked against him that he had been in Al Golden's system more than any other QB on the roster which made it harder to adjust than if you were just coming from HS. Not to mention that throwing against your own secondary is different since they know your tendencies and are better at anticipating where the ball is going. He didn't throw those many picks agains a "then-solid" Duke defense in the only real game he played in in a hostile environment. But don't say that to our fans.

No I expect his picks will go way down in 2 years.

Advertisement
so Irvin gained 20lbs of fat in the offseason, was penalized by being put 4th on the depth chart behind a true freshman and a walk-on, and had to leave practice yesterday because of his conditioning..? Mallory and Jordan can't get here soon enough.

Time to face facts and move him to DL

I think we will be ok with Rosier, he's a guy that's been around for a while, shouldn't make too many mistakes.

if we have to rely on Rosier we are going to win like 9 games. Everyone wants to complain about kayaa, if this guy was any good whatsoever, he'd have passed him. Ride with the freshman and build for the future already.

Think of every freshman who actually had a good season on a quality team in recent memory. Winston comes to mind, Manzel comes to mind, etc etc etc

Want to know what those guys had in common...they were REDSHIRT freshmen. You guys are expecting a TRUE freshman to ride into town on a white horse and do something that isn't done very often.

I've been saying it all summer and going back to the day Kaaya declared...Rosier is going to be the opening day starter. He may not end the season as the starter....but I highly doubt Richt walks into Doak in the 3rd game of the season with a TRUE freshman.

This.

Advertisement
Y'all really get worked up over the second day of practice. Last time I checked there are still a few weeks worth of practice.

There is still time for whoever to shine at the QB position and a decision to be made.

Calm thyselves

Advertisement
Y'all really get worked up over the second day of practice. Last time I checked there are still a few weeks worth of practice.

There is still time for whoever to shine at the QB position and a decision to be made.

Calm thyselves

It's all that Susan Miller Deganan's fault, with her tweets and articles.

Functional retards read that stuff and go flying off the handle.

Any reports as to how the QB's are looking so far? In the little the bonehead media (save for you, Pete) are permitted to watch, any notable observations?

Advertisement
I think we will be ok with Rosier, he's a guy that's been around for a while, shouldn't make too many mistakes.

Expect for the fact that that's ALL he does

Richt has said multiple times that's what is holding Rosier back. Turning the ball over by trying to do too much.

He hasn't said anything like that about any QB. Richt would never be that open in criticizing a player. Rosier throws alot of picks to Malek Young so that is a major problem, but there isn't one quote where Richt says "Malik's really needs to stop trying to do too much". He speaks in generalities about what he expects from a QB.

here is hoping all the ACC qbs we face throw a lot of picks to Malek Young.

Ok, He threw 5 picks against our defense in 3 scrimmages, Maybe just maybe our defense is just that good, and wont face another defense like he's faced in practice, just maybe.

Calm thyselves

It's all that Susan Miller Deganan's fault, with her tweets and articles.

Functional slow adults read that stuff and go flying off the handle.

Fixed

if we have to rely on Rosier we are going to win like 9 games. Everyone wants to complain about kayaa, if this guy was any good whatsoever, he'd have passed him. Ride with the freshman and build for the future already.

Think of every freshman who actually had a good season on a quality team in recent memory. Winston comes to mind, Manzel comes to mind, etc etc etc

Want to know what those guys had in common...they were REDSHIRT freshmen. You guys are expecting a TRUE freshman to ride into town on a white horse and do something that isn't done very often.

I've been saying it all summer and going back to the day Kaaya declared...Rosier is going to be the opening day starter. He may not end the season as the starter....but I highly doubt Richt walks into Doak in the 3rd game of the season with a TRUE freshman.

Agree 100%. Rosier will start vs FSU unless he is horrific in the first 2 games

Perry will get a lot of snaps in those games too

Agree 100%. Rosier will start vs FSU unless he is horrific in the first 2 games

Perry will get a lot of snaps in those games too

To me it's simple...if Rosier finds a way to win at FSU you reward him and let him finish out the year. Just by glancing at our schedule there's a good chance that if we escape Trailerhassee with a "W" we're probably going to win 10 or 11 games.

If he struggles and we lose....you bring in the kid.

Sometimes in life the best answer is the simplest and most common sense oriented. Everyone wants the kid to start from day 1...but a disastrous outing at Doak could ruin him. We are talking about a TRUE freshman here....I say ease him into the job.

Advertisement
Back