Potential Two Deep lets discuss

Advertisement
1) Wiggins, Pope & Payton will be IMO.

2) Agreed OL depth is atrocious, our 2-deep is terrible, we have 3 guys in Herbert, Hillery & Dykstra who couldn't block a knat with a screen door & if anybody gets hurt at OL we're royally screwed. Desperately need a GT OT.

3) Agreed again. I've been screaming about CB depth all year, that's why I laugh at anybody that thinks "we're just fine bro!" at CB having only 4 CB's for Spring & having to rely on 2 TF's for depth both of whom will Summer/Fall adds & one of them has to literally be taught how to play CB at the college level... Oh and our starting CB2 opposite of Blades has now recovery speed whatsoever, gets beat routinely & has poor technique. Would be stupid to not add a GT CB after Spring. Hopefully Meiko Dotson or Christian Holmes 🙏🏾.

4) I think Harley could do well as a PR & I'm hoping Knighton gets a shot as a return man, he could be potentially really good at it if they trust he'll never drop the ball.
Have we operated with 5 or less corners on the roster for 3 of the last 4 years yes or no? does the 4th or 5th corner even play much in a diaz Miami coached defense ? Yes or no?
Elder
Colbert
Redwine
Malek Young
Mike jackson(player sparingly)

Malek young
Mike jackson
Trajan bandy
Dee Delaney
Jhavontae dean( barely player)

mike jack
Bandy
Dean
Blades( barely played)
Ivey(barely played
Frierson (played 1 game)
Bethel (never played)

Cb is the easiest position for freshman and just young players in general to come right in and play. Teams are doing much worse than having Christian Williams/ tecory couch as you #3/4 corners behind experienced players who got starter minutes in each game as sophmores. Depth sucks for spring but that can be said about a number of positions such as at linebacker and rb so far this spring. I mean of course depth sucks when you take grad transfers/a juco corner, then you lose like 4 corners prematurely (malek retiring, frierson switching position, bethel transferring, bandy leaving early). Recent history has shown cbs 4 through whatever dont play that much since diaz has been here so I’m not sure what’s the hysteria is for in that regard.

Last edited:
Have we operated with 5 or less corners on the roster for the last 3 of the last 4 years yes or no? does the 4th or 5th corner even play much? Yes or no?
That's a really really stupid way of looking at it Brock & I mean really stupid.

One injury & the 4th or 5th Corner will absolutely play & there's a good chance whoever that CB is will be very inexperienced, which means they'll be prone to mistakes.

Stop trying to argue with me about CB's Brock, I already know where you stand, everything's fine & we don't need any CB's, I got it...

But if you think having only 4 playable CB's is anything other than scary thin with no depth you're simply too delusional to have the discussion with. NO POWER 5 WINNING TEAMS HAVE JUST 4 CB's... NONE.

15A6949E-D334-4249-9CFF-0C0024AFAE36.jpeg

That's a really really stupid way of looking at it Brock & I mean really stupid.

One injury & the 4th or 5th Corner will absolutely play & there's a good chance whoever that CB is will be very inexperienced, which means they'll be prone to mistakes.

Stop trying to argue with me about CB's Brock, I already know where you stand, everything's fine & we don't need any CB's, I got it...

But if you think having only 4 playable CB's is anything other than scary thin you're simply too delusional to have the discussion with. NO POWER 5 WINNING TEAMS HAVE JUST 4 CB's... NONE.
Miami won’t just have 4 cbs, it will have 6 before the season gets going. NO one is depending on a freshman to start or play much next year but they can play the role of a 5th or 6th corner which just based on recent history they barley even play in that slot on the depth chart. That’s not too much to ask.. If we indeed have 1 more scholarship left i can give 2 fvcks about adding a cb when we KNOW we need more help at OT. I mean we have to be realistic, not operating with much space so we have to address the most pressing need

Last edited:
Advertisement
Still a lot of holes.
Wr- full of unproductive guys
LB- has potential, but thin and full of guys who have not made much of an impact, besides McCloud
CB- potential, but not enough depth, and they were terrible at tackling last year
DT- good, but no real dominant force
DE- straight Dogs
QB- only time will tell, King will be a force this year though
S- a lot of competition here
Striker- Frierson,.....Washington or Harrell. It is very thin here, maybe they move Carter here for more depth. But imo, the striker is a useless position, the guys UM have playing it, Frierson, Washington, maybe Carter and Harrell, either have struggle covering guys or are freshmans. It is definitely not a strength.
OL- we have some guys coming back, but again the 2 deep is very poor.

QB1 - D'Eriq King
QB2 - N'Kosi Perry
QB3 - Tyler Van Dyke or Tate Martell
QB4 - Peyton Matocha

Redshirt: TVD

RB1 - Cam'ron Harris
RB2 - Robert Burns
RB3 - Jaylen Knighton
RB4 - Don Chaney Jr

Redshirt: None (as of now)
*And yes I have him as RB4 BECAUSE CHANEY IS INJURED FOR SPRING, ONCE HEALTHY I EXPECT HIM TO SPILT CARRIES AS A RB2*

XWR - Mark Pope/ Michael Redding/ Keyshawn Smith
YWR - Mike Harley/ Xavier Restrepo/ Marshall Few
ZWR - Daquris Wiggins/ Jeremiah Payton/ Daz Worsham

Redshirt(s): Ideally Worsham, but due to lack of depth will most likely play, also gotta hope Redding gets healthy by Fall

TE1 - Brevin Jordan
TE2 - Will Mallory
TE3 - Larry Hodges or Michael Irvin
TE4 - Dominic Mammarelli

Redshirt: Mammarelli

LT - Grad Transfer/ Zion Nelson/ Adam ElGammal
LG - John Campbell/ Navaughn Donaldson
C - Corey Gaynor/
RG - Jakai Clark/ Ousman Traore
RT - Delone Scaife/ Jalen Rivers

Redshirt: Chris Washington

SDE - Gregory Rousseau/ Jaelan Phillips/ Cameron Williams/ Chantz Williams
DT - John Ford/ Jordan Miller/ Jalar Holley/ Elijah Roberts
DT - Nesta Silvera/ Jared Harrison-Hunte/Jason Blissett
WDE - Quincy Roche/ Jahfari Harvey/ Quentin Williams

Redshirt(s): Chantz Williams, Quentin Williams, Elijah Roberts (all PROBABLE, maybe one of them plays their way out of a redshirt this season but ideally they'll all be shirted if the depth ahead of them stays healthy).

WLB - Sam Brooks/ Tirek Austin-Cave/ Corey Flagg Jr
MLB - Zach McCloud/ BJ Jennings
SLB - Avery Huff/ Patrick Joyner

Redshirt(s): Corey Flagg Jr & maybe TAC if he's not healthy by Fall, which I believe he will be.

Striker - Gilbert Frierson/ Amari Carter/ Jalen Harrell or Keshawn Washington

Redshirt: Don't believe they will shirt Harrell, but you never know with this staff.

CB1 - Al Blades/ Christian Williams
NCB - Te'Cory Couch/ Marcus Clarke
CB2 - DJ Ivey/ Isaiah Dunson

Redshirt: Nobody, can't afford to.

FS - Gurvan Hall/ Keontra Smith/ Avantae Williams
SS - Bubba Bolden/ Amari Carter/ Keshawn Washington/ Brian Balom
*Could also see Harrell at SS too.

Redshirt: Washington & Balom, maybe Williams, doubt it, but maybe.

KR - Jaylen Knighton & Mark Pope
PR - Mark Pope or Mike Harley
Avantae will be on the field this season him and rooster back there 🤔🤔🤔

Advertisement
It’s not about the roster
Do we have a championship coaching staff and sc program

This f*cking right here. No more needs to be said, and thread should have closed after this man's post.

Get the right coaching staff and schemes in place, and this roster as-is (still spotty in areas) should get us into the mid teens by season's end.

QB1 - D'Eriq King
QB2 - N'Kosi Perry
QB3 - Tyler Van Dyke or Tate Martell
QB4 - Peyton Matocha

Redshirt: TVD

RB1 - Cam'ron Harris
RB2 - Robert Burns
RB3 - Jaylen Knighton
RB4 - Don Chaney Jr

Redshirt: None (as of now)
*And yes I have him as RB4 BECAUSE CHANEY IS INJURED FOR SPRING, ONCE HEALTHY I EXPECT HIM TO SPILT CARRIES AS A RB2*

XWR - Mark Pope/ Michael Redding/ Keyshawn Smith
YWR - Mike Harley/ Xavier Restrepo/ Marshall Few
ZWR - Daquris Wiggins/ Jeremiah Payton/ Daz Worsham

Redshirt(s): Ideally Worsham, but due to lack of depth will most likely play, also gotta hope Redding gets healthy by Fall

TE1 - Brevin Jordan
TE2 - Will Mallory
TE3 - Larry Hodges or Michael Irvin
TE4 - Dominic Mammarelli

Redshirt: Mammarelli

LT - Grad Transfer/ Zion Nelson/ Adam ElGammal
LG - John Campbell/ Navaughn Donaldson
C - Corey Gaynor/
RG - Jakai Clark/ Ousman Traore
RT - Delone Scaife/ Jalen Rivers

Redshirt: Chris Washington

SDE - Gregory Rousseau/ Jaelan Phillips/ Cameron Williams/ Chantz Williams
DT - John Ford/ Jordan Miller/ Jalar Holley/ Elijah Roberts
DT - Nesta Silvera/ Jared Harrison-Hunte/Jason Blissett
WDE - Quincy Roche/ Jahfari Harvey/ Quentin Williams

Redshirt(s): Chantz Williams, Quentin Williams, Elijah Roberts (all PROBABLE, maybe one of them plays their way out of a redshirt this season but ideally they'll all be shirted if the depth ahead of them stays healthy).

WLB - Sam Brooks/ Tirek Austin-Cave/ Corey Flagg Jr
MLB - Zach McCloud/ BJ Jennings
SLB - Avery Huff/ Patrick Joyner

Redshirt(s): Corey Flagg Jr & maybe TAC if he's not healthy by Fall, which I believe he will be.

Striker - Gilbert Frierson/ Amari Carter/ Jalen Harrell or Keshawn Washington

Redshirt: Don't believe they will shirt Harrell, but you never know with this staff.

CB1 - Al Blades/ Christian Williams
NCB - Te'Cory Couch/ Marcus Clarke
CB2 - DJ Ivey/ Isaiah Dunson

Redshirt: Nobody, can't afford to.

FS - Gurvan Hall/ Keontra Smith/ Avantae Williams
SS - Bubba Bolden/ Amari Carter/ Keshawn Washington/ Brian Balom
*Could also see Harrell at SS too.

Redshirt: Washington & Balom, maybe Williams, doubt it, but maybe.

KR - Jaylen Knighton & Mark Pope
PR - Mark Pope or Mike Harley

I agree but in my gut I have a feeling if avantae shirts or doesn’t get much Pt he’s gonna portal out
So I hope he’s as good as advertised and sees the field

Miami won’t just have 4 cbs, it will have 6 before the season gets going. NO one is depending on a freshman to start or play much next year but they can play the role of a 5th or 6th corner which just based on recent history they barley even play in that slot on the depth chart. That’s not too much to ask.. If we indeed have 1 more scholarship left i can give 2 fvcks about adding a cb when we KNOW we need more help at OT. I mean we have to be realistic, not operating with much space so we have to address the most pressing need
We have one scholly for Spring, after a few Spring transfers we could potentially have more, which means we could add both an OT & a CB.

And we will only have 4 playable CB's because the two we add are going to be super raw TF's that have to learn the position on the job & they don't get here till Summer/Fall which means they'll have less reps to learn.

The CB's are not fine, Blades is a good with potential to be very good, Williams & Couch have good upside with no experience & Ivey is a huge liability.

Watch the UNC game, watch CMU, watch Va Tech, watch GTech, FIU, Duke, Ivey got picked on frequently in those games & was getting beat like a rented mule vs much lesser WR's, the Secondary as a whole underperformed but he in particular gave up a shìt ton of big plays & got beat badly on Deep balls. Even Blades got beat occasionally just not as much as Ivey.

It's an issue whether you believe it or not & the fact we have so few bodies means if Blades, or Ivey, or Couch/Williams gets hurt we'll be playing one of the TF's that doesn't even know what they're doing yet.

You can bank on their being no injuries at CB, that wouldn't be wise given what's already happened in our past with Young & given the fact this team always has a rash of injuries that hits us from Spring to Fall camp. Going a full season expecting no injuries is walking a tight rope with no net, especially at Miami.

Depth = insurance. When you have no depth, you have to hope & pray nothing goes wrong, that's a dangerous way to play throughout a full season because your luck eventually runs out & lack of depth catches up to you, see WLB last year having to play Ragu vs GTech... You know, in a game we lost.

Advertisement
I’ll prolly be the only one who says this but Jalen Phillips will be starting by the end of the year. I also believe when healthy he’s the best player on the team. As for linebackers. I think Huff or Joyner locks down one of the linebacker spots.

I agree but in my gut I have a feeling if avantae shirts or doesn’t get much Pt he’s gonna portal out
So I hope he’s as good as advertised and sees the field
He'll play most likely on ST's, but it's doubtful he sees the field much getting more than 3rd team reps.

Our staff particularly on Defense wants vets playing on the backend, especially at Safety & with Hall, Bolden, K Smith & possibly Carter (if they don't move him to Striker), they're probably not going to play him much.

You know how Banda is with his Safeties, if it were up to him Knowles would have a 6th year & be playing lol.

I’ll prolly be the only one who says this but Jalen Phillips will be starting by the end of the year. I also believe when healthy he’s the best player on the team. As for linebackers. I think Huff or Joyner locks down one of the linebacker spots.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Phillips started, I was Listening to a podcast from ivins and David lake earlier and they were noting how much smaller they had thought he would be as he’s about 6’3 230-235. What’s also noteworthy Phillips is back with all his weight back looking like arguably our most physically impressive dend we have even over Rousseau. Give me phillips starting as the base end opposite of Rousseau. At the end of the day it won’t matter because I believe All of those guys will play quite a bit

Advertisement
We have more talent than any other team in the Coastal.

positives:
Elite QB
Harris, Burns, Knighton, Chaney should be enough at RB. Need people to stay healthy.
DE is elite
Safety should be pretty **** good.
Kicking game should be good

negatives:
WR are average ( hopefully Lashlee’s scheme makes them look much better)
OL is still weak ( scheme change might help)
DT nothing elite there unless someone makes a huge jump.
CB can’t afford to have any injuries.

Overall we shouldn’t win less than 9 games and I think that would win us the coastal

But if you think having only 4 playable CB's is anything other than scary thin with no depth you're simply too delusional to have the discussion with. NO POWER 5 WINNING TEAMS HAVE JUST 4 CB's... NONE.

Didn't Trajan play nickel his freshman year? Wasn't he the one with the pick six against ND??

Y'all need to chill on this cb depth narrative. This is CFB, freshman play.

Zion in this new uptempo spread offense might take a huge leap forward on top of another year of S&C

And L-O-L and penciling In fat boy Donaldson as a starter... kid needs to take a shirt.. get on a diet and find some kind of chip to **** himself off.... kid is way to soft mentally and physically at the point of attack
No doubt our line was awful but they were also being coached by the most inept OC I’ve ever seen. One that seemed to think Bryant McKinnie and Co were on the field.

I don’t know what Zion’s future holds but he’s got a clean slate with me, especially as you said with a drastically different offense coming in

Advertisement
Back