Potential Two Deep lets discuss

Advertisement
Rather frierson start than carter.

I’m not sold Roche starts over Phillips this year, Roche is a pretty small de at 6’3 235. It really don’t matter when you think about it as all the edge rushers will play a lot especially the top 4

Advertisement
I feel Payton will start w Harley...who else will start? Unless Pope learns to fight for the ball, And start to get some yac , I don’t see him more than a #3. Wiggins needs to play to his size. Redding seems like a dog who will pass them on the depth chart.

Rather frierson start than carter.

I’m not sold Roche starts over Phillips this year, Roche is a pretty small de at 6’3 235. It really don’t matter when you think about it as all the edge rushers will play a lot especially the top 4
You are correct sir. Roche is not starting over a healthy Phillips. Maybe on planet Xandar or Vormir does a Non Power 5 player start over a Healthy Phillips. Not this one.

Advertisement
I think Payton will start by years end. Also would not be shocked to see every starting over brooks. He’s that athletic and fast. Don’t sleep

QB1 - D'Eriq King
QB2 - N'Kosi Perry
QB3 - Tyler Van Dyke or Tate Martell
QB4 - Peyton Matocha

Redshirt: TVD

RB1 - Cam'ron Harris
RB2 - Robert Burns
RB3 - Jaylen Knighton
RB4 - Don Chaney Jr

Redshirt: None (as of now)
*And yes I have him as RB4 BECAUSE CHANEY IS INJURED FOR SPRING, ONCE HEALTHY I EXPECT HIM TO SPILT CARRIES AS A RB2*

XWR - Mark Pope/ Michael Redding/ Keyshawn Smith
YWR - Mike Harley/ Xavier Restrepo/ Marshall Few
ZWR - Daquris Wiggins/ Jeremiah Payton/ Daz Worsham

Redshirt(s): Ideally Worsham, but due to lack of depth will most likely play, also gotta hope Redding gets healthy by Fall

TE1 - Brevin Jordan
TE2 - Will Mallory
TE3 - Larry Hodges or Michael Irvin
TE4 - Dominic Mammarelli

Redshirt: Mammarelli

LT - Grad Transfer/ Zion Nelson/ Adam ElGammal
LG - John Campbell/ Navaughn Donaldson
C - Corey Gaynor/
RG - Jakai Clark/ Ousman Traore
RT - Delone Scaife/ Jalen Rivers

Redshirt: Chris Washington

SDE - Gregory Rousseau/ Jaelan Phillips/ Cameron Williams/ Chantz Williams
DT - John Ford/ Jordan Miller/ Jalar Holley/ Elijah Roberts
DT - Nesta Silvera/ Jared Harrison-Hunte/Jason Blissett
WDE - Quincy Roche/ Jahfari Harvey/ Quentin Williams

Redshirt(s): Chantz Williams, Quentin Williams, Elijah Roberts (all PROBABLE, maybe one of them plays their way out of a redshirt this season but ideally they'll all be shirted if the depth ahead of them stays healthy).

WLB - Sam Brooks/ Tirek Austin-Cave/ Corey Flagg Jr
MLB - Zach McCloud/ BJ Jennings
SLB - Avery Huff/ Patrick Joyner

Redshirt(s): Corey Flagg Jr & maybe TAC if he's not healthy by Fall, which I believe he will be.

Striker - Gilbert Frierson/ Amari Carter/ Jalen Harrell or Keshawn Washington

Redshirt: Don't believe they will shirt Harrell, but you never know with this staff.

CB1 - Al Blades/ Christian Williams
NCB - Te'Cory Couch/ Marcus Clarke
CB2 - DJ Ivey/ Isaiah Dunson

Redshirt: Nobody, can't afford to.

FS - Gurvan Hall/ Keontra Smith/ Avantae Williams
SS - Bubba Bolden/ Amari Carter/ Keshawn Washington/ Brian Balom
*Could also see Harrell at SS too.

Redshirt: Washington & Balom, maybe Williams, doubt it, but maybe.

KR - Jaylen Knighton & Mark Pope
PR - Mark Pope or Mike Harley

Last edited:
QB1 - D'Eriq King
QB2 - N'Kosi Perry
QB4 - Peyton Matocha

RB1 - Cam'ron Harris
RB2 - Robert Burns
RB3 - Jaylen Knighton
RB4 - Don Chaney Jr

*And yes I have him as RB4 BECAUSE CHANEY IS INJURED FOR SPRING, ONCE HEALTHY I EXPECT HIM TO SPILT CARRIES AS A RB2*

Redshirt(s): Ideally Worsham, but due to lack of depth will most likely play, also gotta hope Redding gets healthy by Fall

TE1 - Brevin Jordan
TE2 - Will Mallory
TE4 - Dominic Mammarelli

C - Corey Gaynor/

Redshirt(s): Chantz Williams, Quentin Williams, Elijah Roberts (all PROBABLE, maybe one of them plays their way out of a redshirt this season but ideally they'll all be shirted if the depth ahead of them stays healthy).

Redshirt(s): Corey Flagg Jr & maybe TAC if he's not healthy by Fall, which I believe he will be.

Redshirt: Don't believe they will shirt Harrell, but you never know with this staff.

CB1 - Al Blades/ Isaiah Dunson
CB2 - DJ Ivey/ Christian Williams

I would put Avantae as the nickel behind couch and have Marcus Clarke as my primary returner with Pope or restrepo as the backup.

think you hit on everything else imo

Advertisement
I would put Avantae as the nickel behind couch and have Marcus Clarke as my primary returner with Pope or restrepo as the backup.

think you hit on everything else imo
Tae Williams ain't no CB bruh, especially at Nickel.

He's a FS 1,000% all the way, putting him at CB would be neutralizing his ability, doesn't have the fluidity & change of direction to be a NCB, has very good straight line speed & raw natural athleticism to be a Rover Safety.

Advertisement
QB1 - D'Eriq King
QB2 - N'Kosi Perry
QB4 - Peyton Matocha

RB1 - Cam'ron Harris
RB2 - Robert Burns
RB3 - Jaylen Knighton
RB4 - Don Chaney Jr

TE1 - Brevin Jordan
TE2 - Will Mallory
TE4 - Dominic Mammarelli

C - Corey Gaynor/

CB1 - Al Blades/ Isaiah Dunson
CB2 - DJ Ivey/ Christian Williams

Biggest concerns looking at this:
  • Whose the alpha at WR? Whose the guy that can takeover a game or move the chains? Not sure we have one yet...
  • The quality depth at offensive line is terrible. We are really F'ed if Gaynor or Scaife get hurt.
  • The CB depth is still pitiful. Relying on two freshmen, one who hasn't played CB much, to be in the two deep is awful. Do better coaches.
  • We need someone to step up and be a game breaker returning punts and kicks. We've had some good ones in the past with Berrios, Osborn, and Jeff (sometimes).

Biggest concerns looking at this:
  • Whose the alpha at WR? Whose the guy that can takeover a game or move the chains? Not sure we have one yet...
  • The quality depth at offensive line is terrible. We are really F'ed if Gaynor or Scaife get hurt.
  • The CB depth is still pitiful. Relying on two freshmen, one who hasn't played CB much, to be in the two deep is awful. Do better coaches.
  • We need someone to step up and be a game breaker returning punts and kicks. We've had some good ones in the past with Berrios, Osborn, and Jeff (sometimes).
1) Wiggins, Pope & Payton will be IMO.

2) Agreed OL depth is atrocious, our 2-deep is terrible, we have 3 guys in Herbert, Hillery & Dykstra who couldn't block a knat with a screen door & if anybody gets hurt at OL we're royally screwed. Desperately need a GT OT.

3) Agreed again. I've been screaming about CB depth all year, that's why I laugh at anybody that thinks "we're just fine bro!" at CB having only 4 CB's for Spring & having to rely on 2 TF's for depth both of whom will Summer/Fall adds & one of them has to literally be taught how to play CB at the college level... Oh and our starting CB2 opposite of Blades has now recovery speed whatsoever, gets beat routinely & has poor technique. Would be stupid to not add a GT CB after Spring. Hopefully Meiko Dotson or Christian Holmes 🙏🏾.

4) I think Harley could do well as a PR & I'm hoping Knighton gets a shot as a return man, he could be potentially really good at it if they trust he'll never drop the ball.

Donaldson will never start in this offense. You really think a fat slob will him will consistently be able to run hurry up high tempo every snap. Not happening.
He needs to slim down to 320. Let’s see if he recognizes that his NFL future is about to crash and burn unless he controls his natural girth. He’s literally eating himself out of millions of dollars.

Advertisement
Back