Post from Reddit comparing Miami, UF, and FSU.

A quick look on Wikipedia at Miami football history shows what the actual norm of Miami football is. I’ll give you a hint: it’s basically everything outside the period 1981-2003.

It only uses data from 1980-2009. A little odd how they exclude the last 10 years of CFB for this. Our win % falls more than 50 points if you include 2010-2019.

Even a cursory look shows that there are too few games in there to cover 40 years.
Well we can clearly see the troll in the group.

Advertisement
Well we can clearly see the troll in the group.

I’m a troll for pointing out that this inexplicably excludes 2010-2019?

It’s actually pretty easy to tell this excludes a big chunk of time if you look at the #of games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mean, yeah, you just cherry pick from when we started winning National Championships, we look great. However, if you start at just the 21st century we look like a program fallen from grace.

Advertisement
No, I take it more that we're still recovering from a decade of underspending from the previous UM administration. It's like an elite athlete running a marathon, but unlike other competitors he has a parachute attached to him. The parachute is now off (or riddled with holes), but there is still a lot of ground to make up.

No it is like hiring an espn analyst to corch your team. You are going to suck.

A quick look on Wikipedia at Miami football history shows what the actual norm of Miami football is. I’ll give you a hint: it’s basically everything outside the period 1981-2003.

It only uses data from 1980-2009. A little odd how they exclude the last 10 years of CFB for this. Our win % falls more than 50 points if you include 2010-2019.

Even a cursory look shows that there are too few games in there to cover 40 years.

We are talking about the modern era here. No one gives af about pre 80s. We had some down years because of probation and a string of poor coaching hires. The fact remains, we are in the best hotbed of talent in the nation. A few good years will get us back on top, especially when you consider every other P5 team, besides USC and UCLA are located in schitholes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hey l ***kz wit u empirical cane! But, our roster says otherwise a 4win season

The plot thickens! Since we debating, care to wager a buck or 2? I got da canes winning 10+!

No because I think even Manny isn't a big enough loser to not be able to win 10 games with a heisman candidate QB and far more talent than any team on our schedule. However, I do think we win a lot less than 10 the following season.

The Egyptians, Assyrians, and Ottoman Turks were once great empires. Ghengis Khan and his grandson Kublah Kahn created an actual (vs de facto) land empire that has never been matched. Spain once had the greatest navy sailing the oceans blue.

Historically, our Canes were the better program. Now they are UCG.

No one gives a fuq.

Yesterday doesn't matter. Today and building for tomorrow are the only focus.

UF by a mile is best program in Florida today and tomorrow.
Hate to say it, but you are correct and it all comes down to coaching. We are 1 coach away from being the most dominant program in Fla.

Advertisement
Back