Post from Reddit comparing Miami, UF, and FSU.

The Egyptians, Assyrians, and Ottoman Turks were once great empires. Ghengis Khan and his grandson Kublah Kahn created an actual (vs de facto) land empire that has never been matched. Spain once had the greatest navy sailing the oceans blue.

Historically, our Canes were the better program. Now they are UCG.

No one gives a fuq.

Yesterday doesn't matter. Today and building for tomorrow are the only focus.

UF by a mile is best program in Florida today and tomorrow.

As a fan, I wanna say fck u.....but as an objectionable, honest person, I have to agree w u.

We’re talking today. If we’re taking today, ABSOLUTELY UF is a better ran program than us. I’m talking about Football, Basketball, Baseball, Track, and Academics. We’re holding on to yesterday; but that’s the thing about yesterday....it’s yesterday. The only reason y UF is better than us today, is b/c they have an admin that cares both about athletics and academics. Our admin cares about how to stretch a dollar out.

Ed said it best; it starts from the top. Miami is by far a more recognizable and marketable program than either UF or FSU b/c of our legacy. It’s time for us to stop sitting on our laurels and expand on that legacy, but the only way that can happen is change at the top. Stop the nepotism, stop the agendas, stop hiring unqualified puppets, and stop acting like E HAS to come before W, when E & W can coexist at the same, **** time.

Advertisement
Opening day 2020 with current rosters, who wins: UM or UF?

I'm betting UM. UFs greatest asset right now is still their cuckold HC. I'm not seeing a huge gulf between their talent and ours.

I like our chances, even w Manny handicapping us.

If agree, they are the better program atm overall tho.

Why would they? They never dominated college football.
Miami’s win % over the last 40 years is .729. 358 wins, 133 losses.

I have no idea where they get 283-80 for a 78% win percentage.
I didn’t know our record nor winning percentage of the last 40 years, but I figured that if we averaged even just 12 games per year, that would be 480 games in 40 years. The record in that reddit post, 283-80, is only 363 games. That is way too few. The record you posted totals 491 games, that sounds more plausible.

Advertisement
The Egyptians, Assyrians, and Ottoman Turks were once great empires. Ghengis Khan and his grandson Kublah Kahn created an actual (vs de facto) land empire that has never been matched. Spain once had the greatest navy sailing the oceans blue.

Historically, our Canes were the better program. Now they are UCG.

No one gives a fuq.

Yesterday doesn't matter. Today and building for tomorrow are the only focus.

UF by a mile is best program in Florida today and tomorrow.
Yes they were so impressive on Aug 24th that I was shaking uncontrollably. We literally had an O line that looked like they never played football and they won be a 4 point avalanche. Stop. You must be drinking.

Account ban?

They win less than 7, my account deleted, win more than 7 you gone

Should be a gimmee bet right?

Hold my beer nephew.

I don't want to be right, but that doesn't change my observation on the real risk of 4 or less Ws.

What is this? WWE? A cage match where the loser gets "banned" for life.

That is, of course, until they aren't.

Look at it this way, you've put the marker down and you could POSSIBLY, POSSIBLY be one of the few people in history to actually be right where the Empirical One is wrong.

It has happened, and will happen again, as rare as it may be.

My gut tells me they don't win more than 7. Game on, minus the ridiculous "ban".

I will be quite pleased, but not in an Amsterdam kinda way, to take the grief like a man if my take is proven off in 2020.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes they were so impressive on Aug 24th that I was shaking uncontrollably. We literally had an O line that looked like they never played football and they won be a 4 point avalanche. Stop. You must be drinking.

I'm not certain we watched the same Hurricanes last season.

The current OL has topped out. No amount of coaching will fix it. A scheme MIGHT take a 1/2 second of pressure off, but run blocks are still run blocks.

Unless the entire OL is changed out prior to kickoff against Temple, guaranteed DIII OL performance.

Again.

I'm betting UM. UFs greatest asset right now is still their cuckold HC. I'm not seeing a huge gulf between their talent and ours.

It hard to even start on this.

With UCG's current OL, UF would foot stomp the Canes.

Advertisement
I’m a troll for pointing out that this inexplicably excludes 2010-2019?

It’s actually pretty easy to tell this excludes a big chunk of time if you look at the #of games.
Actually you should be happy it excludes those years sport! Because you gaytors had two, not one, TWO 4-8 season in that time frame! Lmao so go put on your bedtime jort pajamas punto and go to bed because your lizard trash @ss is persona non grata here Mr 4-8 twice in four years. 😂🤣

40 years is kind of arbitrary. Why not 25 years, 50 years, or 75 years?

I don't put much stock in comparisons like this. It's not a level playing field. The teams are in different conferences and have different strengths of schedule. We got to play a bunch of bowl games on our own home field while FSU and UF didn't. Meanwhile, UF has had access to SEC money and prestige while Miami and FSU hasn't.

I would rather us not become one of those fan bases always pointing to distant accomplishments. It's a bad look.

40 years is kind of arbitrary. Why not 25 years, 50 years, or 75 years?

I don't put much stock in comparisons like this. It's not a level playing field. The teams are in different conferences and have different strengths of schedule. We got to play a bunch of bowl games on our own home field while FSU and UF didn't. Meanwhile, UF has had access to SEC money and prestige while Miami and FSU hasn't.

I would rather us not become one of those fan bases always pointing to distant accomplishments. It's a bad look.

A shocking moment in history where we agree.

Advertisement
With UCG's current OL, UF would foot stomp the Canes.
They barely won last season AND THEY SACKED US 10 TIMES!

Gators roster is worse coming into this season than last.

They lose Zuniga, Henderson, Greenard, Perrine, Van Jefferson, Cleveland, and Swain, and outside of Kadarius Toney, they currently have no one on roster better than the players who are departing.

Kyle Trask really isn't all that impressive when you consider he beat up on a bunch of nobodies. I'm not sure they lose any of the games he won if Franks was still the QB. His best win was against an Auburn team that finished with 4 losses. Also, their OL sucks as well. They allowed only a handful less sacks than us, and also like us, they were also at the bottom of cfb in rush yards.

Keep in mind, I'm not some homer, either, and I probably watched more SMU and UF games last season than any other team not named the Hurricanes.

I give us the edge at QB, RB, TE, DL, S. They get it on CB, OL, and Coaching. WR, K, and LB is a wash. They ain't that much better than us, if at all, talent wise.

Manuela will likely depart Miami with losing record and reputation as worst HC in modern era.

A winless - 4 W season is very possible in 2020.

0-4 wins? Come on. Don't be an idiot. A real offensive coordinator and QB, and 4 wins is the ceiling to you? Man, about 50% of this board is just the worst. Same as the general population, I guess. Could have a beer with about half of you and it'd be great.....the other half can go die in a fire......just a brutal, miserable bunch of people, that other half.

Advertisement
Back