Possible UM Prospect Unsigned 2013 JUCO DT Rusmin Nikocevic

Paranos

All-ACC
If UM is still in the hunt for a 2013 JUCO DT lets talk about unsigned Rusmin Nikocevic who is a stout 6'4" 295lbs 4.9 sec 40yd time with 450lb bench press.

He primarily plays the three technique but could slide out to SDE and is strong enough to play the NT also (his Highlights remind me a lot of JJ Watt). Rusmin has shown to be really good with run stoppage and can also get to the quarterback on passing downs. He uses his hands very well to disengage from blockers and make his move. He is strong and has the size and mass to hold the point of attack wherever he's playing on the line. He is also a Very HIGH MOTOR player, which is important in a read first defense.

Interest for the big d-lineman picked up late in the recruiting process as BYU, Michigan State and Arizona State are just some of the other programs who are recruiting Rusmin. He's already taken an unofficial to ASU earlier this year.

Nikocevic is on pace to be a May transfer, but will have 3 years to play 2. He's originally from the Bronx, New York so location will not play a big factor when making his decision. So Miami would be just like being in NYC, except better weather.

The only issue is Rusmin transferred in to Pierce CC from another Juco (College of the Canyons, also in Cali) and will just need to double check to make sure everything pans out with his transcripts if he Miami where to offer. The highlight difference between the two schools is night & Day, but it is also going from Freshmen to Soph year which can also explain the jump in performance.

I am thinking UM should make a run at him, to add to the UN feel around UM these days. Lets see if UM reaches out to him.

Go Canes

2012 Season JUCO highlight at Pierce CC
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/217973/highlights/26298429[/video]

2011 Season JUCO Highlights at College of the Canyons (In Cali)
[video=youtube;l6Wlm0Lc7EU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Wlm0Lc7EU[/video]

Advertisement
How the **** do you find these people? I just don't understand...

I don't see the mean streak, but i do see a lot of leaning up against guys... A guy with possibly only 2 years left, I just don't see him coming in and producing more than one of our RS Freshmen/Sophmore DT's already on the roster.

Not saying he may not be serviceable...but I don't think were desparate for a JAG. I prefer to trust the staff to develop the 8 DT's we currently have.

My thinking is that if the staff were to take a late DT, his highlight tape would need to jump off the screen, for a Scholly at Da U!

Advertisement
Cot**** I love this guy. For real. If I ever ran a team's football operations, I'd immediately hire Paranos, give him 50 candy bars, cuban coffee and 5,000 dollars in cash to be used on flights/hotel.

Instructions:
"Find me interior DL from anywhere on this planet. Produce film and obscure details from their childhood."

He is not leaning on people he is reading the blocking then finding the ball carrier. In a read and react defense your not going to often see the DT or NT roar up the field, but rather hold the point of attack then provide pusuit, or mess up the blocking scheme which is just what this kid does.

In the HUDL highlights he is way more active because he has better understanding of the read & react schemes and improved strength from being a year older. In coach D's scheme this is what you want your dline to do in order to keep the LB's clean.

Also this guy has 3yrs to play 2, Also notice in the Hudl highlight he demonstrates high football IQ by diagnosing plays quickly an knocking down passes when he can't get to the QB. Or in 4 plays when he is losing the battle at the point of attack, rather then give ground you see him drop to 1 knee in order to create a pile in the running lane and he then gets in on the tackle.

Last year we say D smith look like he was on roller skates going backwards, instead of droping to knee to cause a pile in the running lane. This kid also plays with a fire, that can get the rest of the d-line hyped, watch the hudl highlights.

Go Canes

I like it. Let FSU have ze Germans.

Lets get us some crazy *** Russians on the team. Although the boats and hoes thing might be taken to a whole nother level if the right people catch wind there is going to be a Russian on the team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Here we go again, Paranos finding random prospects, has the staff contacted him? Does he hold an offer? Has he attempted to reach out to the staff? If not what's the point, I just don't get it...

Advertisement
Back