Possible UM Prospect Unsigned 2013 JUCO DT Rusmin Nikocevic

I like it. Let FSU have ze Germans.

Lets get us some crazy *** Russians on the team. Although the boats and hoes thing might be taken to a whole nother level if the right people catch wind there is going to be a Russian on the team.

I doubt that he's Russian. That name sounds more Serbian or Croatian. Doesn't matter, they're all big and ugly over there.

Advertisement
I like it. Let FSU have ze Germans.

Lets get us some crazy *** Russians on the team. Although the boats and hoes thing might be taken to a whole nother level if the right people catch wind there is going to be a Russian on the team.

I doubt that he's Russian. That name sounds more Serbian or Croatian. Doesn't matter, they're all big and ugly over there.

As long as he had a full coat of body hair at 11 years old, we take him.

Wow, you folks are something else, smh.

Good call on serbie or croatian bit, I thought that also but I used a generalisation of Russian decent.

Go Canes

Last edited:
He is not leaning on people he is reading the blocking then finding the ball carrier. In a read and react defense your not going to often see the DT or NT roar up the field, but rather hold the point of attack then provide pusuit, or mess up the blocking scheme which is just what this kid does.

In the HUDL highlights he is way more active because he has better understanding of the read & react schemes and improved strength from being a year older. In coach D's scheme this is what you want your dline to do in order to keep the LB's clean.

Also this guy has 3yrs to play 2, Also notice in the Hudl highlight he demonstrates high football IQ by diagnosing plays quickly an knocking down passes when he can't get to the QB. Or in 4 plays when he is losing the battle at the point of attack, rather then give ground you see him drop to 1 knee in order to create a pile in the running lane and he then gets in on the tackle.

Last year we say D smith look like he was on roller skates going backwards, instead of droping to knee to cause a pile in the running lane. This kid also plays with a fire, that can get the rest of the d-line hyped, watch the hudl highlights.

Go Canes

Why are we running read-and-react anyway? Didn't that stuff go out in the early '80's? Isn't that what Jimmy Johnson threw in the garbage when he came here? Why are we doing this? I'm not a big expert on this stuff, but has it cycled around to read-and-react again?

It's the scheme that the has won 3 out of the last 4 National Championships and both teams in the Super Bowl run it

When you have kliedales up front instead of race horses on the d-line the scheme works great. Which is what UM is trying to bring in. I think we missed in the 2013 class by not looking at Monty Nelson he is that classic angry trench warrior that turns into a NT.

But lets see what happens in this late signing period.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I still haven't got a good answer to how the scheme has changed, and why. Maybe because I'm watching too many of the games on ESPN3 I don't see it well enough to understand what's going on. We're still playing four down, with our LBs set back from the LOS.

The fact that Alabama won with it and the pros, I don't understand how and why it's different. All I know is, our defenses in recent years have suffered from a lack of turnovers. Didn't we run the old Jimmy Johnson pressure defense in 2001? Didn't that produce a lot of turnovers?

Advertisement
Back