Possible UM Prospect Unsigned 2013 JUCO DT Rusmin Nikocevic

If he's got a legit offer from Michigan State, then he's probably pretty good because Corch HeartAttack knows defense.

True but maybe MSU wants to redshirt him?

I see no way this kid can come into 2013 and start at NT, and he doesn't have the ability to play anything else.

Lmao Corch HeartAttack killed me just now haha.

GS, it's pretty clear that Paranoid is scraping the bottom of the barrel for prospects at this point, but I love the dude's hustle. Next up will be Morty Schwartzberg from the Yeshiva Kosher Cooking Camp in Manhasset, NY. Morty is an overlooked DT prospect with invented interest from College of the Ozarks.

Advertisement
If he's got a legit offer from Michigan State, then he's probably pretty good because Corch HeartAttack knows defense.

I see no way this kid can come into 2013 and start at NT, and he doesn't have the ability to play anything else.

GS, it's pretty clear that Paranoid is scraping the bottom of the barrel for prospects at this point, but I love the dude's hustle. Next up will be Morty Schwartzberg from the Yeshiva Kosher Cooking Camp in Manhasset, NY. Morty is an overlooked DT prospect with invented interest from College of the Ozarks.

Morty means "dancing bear" in Hebrew FWIW

I'd rather go for big time legit 2014 Mid-year Juco DT's and top freshman DT's than fill the roster with more JAGS who probably won't add much to 2013 anyway. We have plenty of DT's... its just finding out who can make an impact, or replacing them with someone who can, not another version of themselves.

Weren't you just admonishing people a few minutes ago for taking too much from 4 minutes of a YouTube video?

You just stole a blurb from Paranos's write-up on Morty. He's gonna be steamed.

At this point I just want a DT in this class.

Just can't understand this line of thinking but whatever

We have a bunch of DTs already, people are scared that they lack the talent even though a 2013 kid will do little [if anything] to help in 2013.

A 2013 JUCO DT would be expected to play and help.

Does Ufomba Kamalu at almost 290 pounds not count? Something tells me he is a DT all the way.

But with Porter, Robinson, Pierre, Moore, Ivery, Briscoe, Grimble and King we will have to make due for now.

Edge setting DE with upside.

Advertisement
I agree sending his info to UM staffers via internal channels is the best way to get him noticed.

An yes he is/was a teamate of Beau S. The juco TE UM signed.

Based on his 2012 season highlights from hudl and his measurables he is a project with a high sealing. Bjoern Werner had nooooo offers coming out if germany , then he attended prep school in Conn. And A few schools came calling late, an he chose FSU, the rest U know. So for the people saying he is not good or to small watch his Hudl highlights very closely.

Also the thing that scared a lot of schools off is the fact he transfered juco's (which is an admissions nightmare), combined with the fact he is not a midyear enrollee, but rather a june grad. This plays out well for UM because they can take a few months to evaluate all of his transcripts.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I agree sending his info to UM staffers via internal channels is the best way to get him noticed.

An yes he is/was a teamate of Beau S. The juco TE UM signed.

Based on his 2012 season highlights from hudl and his measurables he is a project with a high sealing. Bjoern Werner had nooooo offers coming out if germany , then he attended prep school in Conn. And A few schools came calling late, an he chose FSU, the rest U know. So for the people saying he is not good or to small watch his Hudl highlights very closely.

Also the thing that scared a lot of schools off is the fact he transfered juco's (which is an admissions nightmare), combined with the fact he is not a midyear enrollee, but rather a june grad. This plays out well for UM because they can take a few months to evaluate all of his transcripts.

Go Canes

Keep grinding, Paradiddle. I appreciate your hustle on these DTs.

wasnt the german a 4*?

He become a 4* after he commited to fsu, before that he was a no star from a conn prep school. But as the rating services often do, they bumped him up because FSU has a large subscription following.

Go Canes

At first I laughed, but now I hope one of these DTs ends up an all american and first round NFL pick to vindicate paranos.

wasnt the german a 4*?

He become a 4* after he commited to fsu, before that he was a no star from a conn prep school. But as the rating services often do, they bumped him up because FSU has a large subscription following.

Go Canes

I'm not sure about the actual stars, but Werner's stock rose as the season went on. I remember him being mentioned quite a few times on one of those recruiting shows. I think he committed to FSU on NSD.

Advertisement
I'd rather go for big time legit 2014 Mid-year Juco DT's and top freshman DT's than fill the roster with more JAGS who probably won't add much to 2013 anyway. We have plenty of DT's... its just finding out who can make an impact, or replacing them with someone who can, not another version of themselves.

Weren't you just admonishing people a few minutes ago for taking too much from 4 minutes of a YouTube video?

Admonished? Nah, I just laughed at how hard people dig in off YouTube clips. And I didn't even watch this guys video. Light offer sheet, unsigned... Not interested in these late Juco offer scraps. And this is a guy the staff is well aware of since he played with Sandland. They chose not to recruit him. That tell you anything?

But you might notice I wrote what I'd prefer. Not what's right, what Golden should do, or tear you up for thinking differently. I'm just a fan. Im unqualified. Like everyone else here.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Admonished? Nah, I just laughed at how hard people dig in off YouTube clips. And I didn't even watch this guys video. Light offer sheet, unsigned... Not interested in these late Juco offer scraps. And this is a guy the staff is well aware of since he played with Sandland. They chose not to recruit him. That tell you anything?

But you might notice I wrote what I'd prefer. Not what's right, what Golden should do, or tear you up for thinking differently. I'm just a fan. Im unqualified. Like everyone else here.

This

You just stole a blurb from Paranos's write-up on Morty. He's gonna be steamed.

302.gif

He is not leaning on people he is reading the blocking then finding the ball carrier. In a read and react defense your not going to often see the DT or NT roar up the field, but rather hold the point of attack then provide pusuit, or mess up the blocking scheme which is just what this kid does.

In the HUDL highlights he is way more active because he has better understanding of the read & react schemes and improved strength from being a year older. In coach D's scheme this is what you want your dline to do in order to keep the LB's clean.

Also this guy has 3yrs to play 2, Also notice in the Hudl highlight he demonstrates high football IQ by diagnosing plays quickly an knocking down passes when he can't get to the QB. Or in 4 plays when he is losing the battle at the point of attack, rather then give ground you see him drop to 1 knee in order to create a pile in the running lane and he then gets in on the tackle.

Last year we say D smith look like he was on roller skates going backwards, instead of droping to knee to cause a pile in the running lane. This kid also plays with a fire, that can get the rest of the d-line hyped, watch the hudl highlights.

Go Canes

Why are we running read-and-react anyway? Didn't that stuff go out in the early '80's? Isn't that what Jimmy Johnson threw in the garbage when he came here? Why are we doing this? I'm not a big expert on this stuff, but has it cycled around to read-and-react again?

That's OK we need someone to replace ChefCane as the team cook. We haven't had a team cook since ChefCane vanished from the Grassy message boards.

I'm still obsessed with that avatar.

Advertisement
Back