Possible Gator game date change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that i unable to make the game due to rescheduling, I will gladly pay face value :)

Advertisement
Not after signing Bryce Harper to a 13yr, $330mil contract yesterday. Phillies will be legit this year, will they win it all? Who knows but they picked up McCutchen as well so their lineup is much stronger than last year.
I don't follow baseball much but is Jeter playing bad Monopoly with the fish?

this is on both schools. UF did the same thing to their ticket holders as on their site it says to contact them for refunds if they cannot go anymore

How about the way the distribution of the tickets for the game was handled, I thought the ticket office was the one department he was good at.
Sorry, just don't like the way he handles things.

Anyone that i unable to make the game due to rescheduling, I will gladly pay face value :)

How about the way the distribution of the tickets for the game was handled, I thought the ticket office was the one department he was good at.
Sorry, just don't like the way he handles things.

well UF does it diff since they have 10000000 times more donors. they tell people put in requests (like we do for traditional away games) and they fill in the requests based on level and availability

Advertisement
You may be able to change hotels but changing flight is either Not Possible or comes with hefty change fees (250 min on American) and thats if you booked within a class that has the opportunity to make change. If you book a base rate seat you cannot cancel or change you would have to rebook new tickets.

Well maybe you should buy the Travel protection for like $20 in the future, which would have covered this. But AA has the policy that if your schedule changes more than an hour, you have the right to a full refund, don't they? There is 6 months until the flight is scheduled to take place. More than likely there will be a schedule change or a delay. At that point just ask for the refund, and I'm pretty sure they have to give it to you, even if you have a non-refundable ticket. Regardless it doesn't make sense to pay a change fee of $200, if the cancellation fee is also $200 and you'd receive the remaining value of your tickets as a credit. It just makes more sense to keep the ticket and hope that there is a schedule change/delay at which point you can get your full refund. Worst case scenario you cancel an hour before your flight and gotta pay the $200.....or if the value of your ticket is <$200 you just lose the ticket.

But before going through all that, If you really want the refund badly, all you gotta be is persistent. First you tweet them, then you call and email their customer relations/refund people and take it up the ladder asking for waived change fee or full refund, and you likely will eventually get one. 6 months in advance if you call and email now, if you're willing to spend an hour or two on the phone or send a few emails, you'll almost certainly get it waived. Or maybe the schools/espn or something will have a way to help in a few weeks when they announce the official change.

.....OR maybe you should just stop flying American. Southwest doesn't charge a dime for changes or cancellations.

Well maybe you should buy the Travel protection for like $20 in the future, which would have covered this. But AA has the policy that if your schedule changes more than an hour, you have the right to a full refund, don't they? There is 6 months until the flight is scheduled to take place. More than likely there will be a schedule change or a delay. At that point just ask for the refund, and I'm pretty sure they have to give it to you, even if you have a non-refundable ticket. Regardless it doesn't make sense to pay a change fee of $200, if the cancellation fee is also $200 and you'd receive the remaining value of your tickets as a credit. It just makes more sense to keep the ticket and hope that there is a schedule change/delay at which point you can get your full refund. Worst case scenario you cancel an hour before your flight and gotta pay the $200.....or if the value of your ticket is <$200 you just lose the ticket.

But before going through all that, If you really want the refund badly, all you gotta be is persistent. First you tweet them, then you call and email their customer relations/refund people and take it up the ladder asking for waived change fee or full refund, and you likely will eventually get one. 6 months in advance if you call and email now, if you're willing to spend an hour or two on the phone or send a few emails, you'll almost certainly get it waived. Or maybe the schools/espn or something will have a way to help in a few weeks when they announce the official change.

.....OR maybe you should just stop flying American. Southwest doesn't charge a dime for changes or cancellations.

You clearly don't fly much.

You clearly don't fly much.
Not as much as I used to.
But its just a fact that if you buy the $20 protection (pretty useful for a flight 6 months ahead of time), it would have covered this, and if you want to recover the $200, you can 100% get a refund if they change the schedule or its delayed by an hour. That is just a fact with American Airlines. And its also a fact with any airline that if you try hard enough, you have a chance of them waiving the fee. Its pretty much the same thing with any customer support for any company.

Advertisement
Not as much as I used to.
But its just a fact that if you buy the $20 protection (pretty useful for a flight 6 months ahead of time), it would have covered this, and if you want to recover the $200, you can 100% get a refund if they change the schedule or its delayed by an hour. That is just a fact with American Airlines. And its also a fact with any airline that if you try hard enough, you have a chance of them waiving the fee. Its pretty much the same thing with any customer support for any company.

you know the simplest thing would've been NOT changing the date after announcing it and selling tickets

lmao at giving you a refund. no one is giving you ****
United **** sure won’t. I had to reschedule a fight to Las Vegas last year one day after I booked it. $600. After their fees I only got $100 back.

United **** sure won’t. I had to reschedule a fight to Las Vegas last year one day after I booked it. $600. After their fees I only got $100 back.

i tried rescheduling a flight a few hours up from SF to MIA and it was costing me nearly 350-400 which was more than my round trip price

you know the simplest thing would've been NOT changing the date after announcing it and selling tickets
I don't have a problem with them switching the dates. I think the problem is how its been handled. Like they could have been more open about their plan. Like you can still sell the tickets if you tell the people buying them that it's currently scheduled for xyz, but we're trying to change it to abc...I think that would have been perfectly fine. Most people aren't having the problem of that particular date not being good for them, its mostly been a problem with they already set everything up FOR the later date. If they knew the date could change they could still buy the tickets, then wait a month to see when to book the flight/hotel....still 6 months ahead of time.

Advertisement
Looks likes it’s the 24th.

Attachments

• 37EB637B-A012-434A-BB7A-A6B534E80B94.png
    37EB637B-A012-434A-BB7A-A6B534E80B94.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back