Possible Gator game date change

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't air fair. I based a personal even in Miami with the sole purpose of being able to go to this game and already set invites. I dated it one week before just so I could attend this game.

The article said there would be a full refund on tickets if they were already purchased but people couldn’t make the game.

Advertisement
The article said there would be a full refund on tickets if they were already purchased but people couldn’t make the game.

i think the whole point is that people want to go to the game and made it so they could attend based on the ADVERTISED and ANNOUNCED day. the school literally sold tickets advertising a day without even hinting at the possibility of a new date. w this and the ticket fiasco, the school should probably fire everyone on the admin side of the dept

i think the whole point is that people want to go to the game and made it so they could attend based on the ADVERTISED and ANNOUNCED day. the school literally sold tickets advertising a day without even hinting at the possibility of a new date. w this and the ticket fiasco, the school should probably fire everyone on the admin side of the dept

I agree it was a shtty way to do things but the question was raised to if refunds would be given for tickets.I was just responded that they would be...but sell them to Cane fans.Ill take 4 off somebodies hands if someone needs to get rid of some.

Advertisement
Has UF released/sold their tickets? Has Camping World/Ticketmaster released tickets? Or is UM the only idiots that did so?

Has UF released/sold their tickets? Has Camping World/Ticketmaster released tickets? Or is UM the only idiots that did so?

Camping world has not. they release seats after the schools sell out i believe. i cant find any info on UF.

edit: UF has already made their tickets available to boosters through requests.

Advertisement
giphy.gif
LMAO... you flying to Orlando too?

I don't blame you for being irate about this.I also thought it was b.s. when I first read about it.espn has been taking a financial hit needs ways to make a profit.sad you have to lose a couple $100 or so.so espn and both schools can make millions.it'll be the first game of the season and the only one on.espn will build it up like the playoffs.

I can't imagine moving the game up a week actually REALLY negatively affects too many people. You should be able to move the flight and hotel up a week without much of a problem or extra cost. The biggest hurdle is probably if your work wont let you take the week before off or something, but even then its 6 months in advance and Its not like its Christmas or something, so it should be no problem.

So with the exception of maybe a couple hundred fans max, this is an overall very positive change....as long as we win.
You have no ******* idea what you are talking about.

Advertisement
You may be able to change hotels but changing flight is either Not Possible or comes with hefty change fees (250 min on American) and thats if you booked within a class that has the opportunity to make change. If you book a base rate seat you cannot cancel or change you would have to rebook new tickets.

I am a long suffering Phillies fan, like65 years, and I am married to a Pirate fan. One or both of our teams could be irrelevant by that date.

Not after signing Bryce Harper to a 13yr, $330mil contract yesterday. Phillies will be legit this year, will they win it all? Who knows but they picked up McCutchen as well so their lineup is much stronger than last year.

You are on this site every day. How come you didn't say something 2 weeks ago. I'm calling bull$hit

I found out on February 15th, and after speaking to some UM alum friends, I sent this to a couple of moderators:

Feb 18, 2019
Hey, I realize the timing sucks (UM-UF tickets go on sale this week), but I was speaking to a friend who is on Florida Citrus Sports and he said that UM and UF are jointly pursuing an NCAA request to move the game up to August 24th.

I don't want to post something and have the board blow up, so is this something that is about to be announced imminently?

Advertisement
Tbf, how many of us would actually completely believe someone that came with that info when they'd be the ONLY person/source saying it at the time let alone allow it to dictate how we made travel plans, bought game tix, etc?

Exactly.

Or what if the NCAA doesn't grant the waiver?

Or what if I posted and then everyone asked their UM "ticket guy" about the rumor (as one poster did when the story first broke). The "ticket guys" were all clueless. The poster who called his "ticket guy" was told that ticket-holders would be contacted first, but it was Florida Citrus Sports that broke the story to the Orlando Sentinel, while all the ticket-holders were left uninformed. TO THIS DATE, has anyone received an e-mail from Blake or the Athletic Department?

This is why people are hesitant to post ANY information on this board, because they will immediately have a Barry Jackson tweet or a "ticket guy" promise thrown right back at them.

This ****e has been in progress since December. Blame Blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back