Portnoy post Miami-FSU game pizza review…

Do you really think pretending people can't see what you wrote right here in this very thread is an effective strategy?

Do you really think just ignoring that you got caught making up a lie about what I said (again, you've refused to quote me because it doesn't exist) is an effective strategy?

As for Papa's. I've already quoted you multiple times. Im going with "unwell." Good luck, Mope.

Yet you still failed to quote where I said I enjoy eating Papa Johns. Not a very effective strategy Bob Slydell.

You clearly have no taste in Pizza. You are bringing up popular places across the nation to "prove your taste". Your like the guy that tries to pretend he has class by saying he enjoys eating at STK.

Advertisement
Him? Not the only one. We have neanderthals here who think Papa Johns and Little Caesars is pizza. No... the BEST pizza in Miami lol. I don't know what's worse, putting that garbage into your body, being so low-rent you think its "good" or actually admitting it lol. You're talking about giant chains who use the cheapest ingredients possible to fling out empty calories at as low a price as possible, often in low-rent neighborhoods to the poor. There is an FSU booster poverty joke in here somewhere. Talk about no taste. The pizza AND the poster. I'm talking about everyone's favorite Cuckoo clock poster @OriginalGatorHater of course. :)

opulence i has it GIF
I'm surprised know one has mentioned Dominos as their favorite. LOL

Seriously, PAPA Johns is the worst, white bread with ketchup and plastic Kraft cheese is a better pie than PAPA Shaq's crap.

No taste? This is coming from the guy that would actually ingest the nasty schit they refer to as pizza in Florida. I never said little ceasers(which I have ever had) or papa johns is good. Just that it is better than the garbage they serve down there. The worst pizza place in all of NYC would be considered the GOAT pie in Miami.
So another freakin new yorker braggin about ny endlessly but wants to live in miami, GTFO.

When it comes to chain restaurant pizza I'd take Jets Pizza as the best. Their wings are pretty good too if you can get them. Had it late one night in Pompano Beach and was pretty surprised for a chain restaurant. I am not sure if there are any south of that one though.

Advertisement
I'm surprised know one has mentioned Dominos as their favorite. LOL

Seriously, PAPA Johns is the worst, white bread with ketchup and plastic Kraft cheese is a better pie than PAPA Shaq's crap.
The butter sauce makes it edible. You learn to expand your taste a little when you have kids.

That has befuddled me for so long. Why can't someone make a good NY style pizza down here? Especially with all the NY transplants. I remember Cazzoli's back in the 80s and early 90s. They were better than anything around now. Whatever happened to them? Pizza now (especially delivery) is a race to the bottom to see who can make the cheapest POS pie for mass consumption.
Idk I travel back and forth from NJ and South Florida. Your bagels and Italian Bread sticks too.

How could you possibly interpret that statement as me wanting to live in Miami? LMAO! If I wanted to live in Miami I would have moved down their years ago.

You mean moved BACK "years ago", right? Not "down their." Back, since you, you know, "went to UM" and ate a lot of Papa John's in college.

Who wouldn't say move "back" to somewhere they already lived. No one. You're a fraud. What an easy call. From the start.

jersey shore youre busted GIF

there*

You mean moved BACK "years ago", right? Not "down their." Back, since you, you know, "went to UM" and ate a lot of Papa John's in college.

Who wouldn't say move "back" to somewhere they already lived. No one. You're a fraud. What an easy call. From the start.

jersey shore youre busted GIF

there*
Wow, this moronic even by your standards. This is what we call grasping for straws. You really are a glutton for punishment. Tons of people wouldn't say "moved back" especially after its already been established, in this very thread that I lived there for 4 years.

Advertisement
Wow, this moronic even by your standards. This is what we call grasping for straws. You really are a glutton for punishment. Tons of people wouldn't say "moved back" especially after its already been established, in this very thread that I lived there for 4 years.

You might be the most transparent person I've ever interacted with. "Established" lol. Oh my god, you really, really DO believe your own BS!! :roll-canes2:

Keep replying. I've got all the rope you'll ever need right here, and it's all for you. So easy.

Last edited:
You might be the most transparent person I've ever interacted with. "Established" lol. Oh my god, you really, really DO believe your own BS!! :roll-canes2:

Keep replying. I've got all the rope you'd ever need right here, and it's all for you. So easy.
You really think you are "getting me". This is actually hilarious. Is this DannyBoyCanes alternate account?

You really think you are "getting me". This is actually hilarious. Is this DannyBoyCanes alternate account?

I don't actually. I think we all sit back and watch you "get" yourself and then struggle to comprehend what's happening around you. Thread after thread, argument after argument against more posters than one can count.

Love the new projection btw. Right on cue. Almost scripted, amazing. Thank you!

Advertisement
That has befuddled me for so long. Why can't someone make a good NY style pizza down here? Especially with all the NY transplants. I remember Cazzoli's back in the 80s and early 90s. They were better than anything around now. Whatever happened to them? Pizza now (especially delivery) is a race to the bottom to see who can make the cheapest POS pie for mass consumption.
I've wondered that too.

Is it the inferior quality of our water? That ovens down here do not have the history and infused goodness of ovens in CT and NY?

Those would be my theories.

I've wondered that too.

Is it the inferior quality of our water? That ovens down here do not have the history and infused goodness of ovens in CT and NY?

Those would be my theories.
In Orlando they have Brooklyn Water Bagels...pretty good. They have a reverse osmosis water system on display in the Lobby that they use. Never had Pizza or Bagels from NY, NJ, or CT...so I can't really compare anything. Good food is good food...I get the whole NYC pizza thing, maybe its the nasty *** Hudson River water that makes the dough..

I've been to Chicago and about 18 other states..all have spots with good food and Pizzas...just depends on your preference.

Like others and myself included have said..the Original Bizzarro in Satellite Beach is pretty dam good. Until I go to NY and try some real deal *****...it all seems like a bunch of whinging from NYC people.

Advertisement
In Orlando they have Brooklyn Water Bagels...pretty good. They have a reverse osmosis water system on display in the Lobby that they use. Never had Pizza or Bagels from NY, NJ, or CT...so I can't really compare anything. Good food is good food...I get the whole NYC pizza thing, maybe its the nasty *** Hudson River water that makes the dough..

I've been to Chicago and about 18 other states..all have spots with good food and Pizzas...just depends on your preference.

Like others and myself included have said..the Original Bizzarro in Satellite Beach is pretty dam good. Until I go to NY and try some real deal *****...it all seems like a bunch of whinging from NYC people.
Its basically like going to Montana and ordering fried pork with goya and rice and enjoying it. Then someone coming and and saying if you think that is good wait until you have masas de certo fritas in Little Havana. Then saying "all those guys from little havana are always whinging".

Nasty *** Hudson River water? Negative, ghostrider. First of all the Hudson of today is not the Hudson of the 70's. I've been out on the water there plenty, as do kayakers, jet skis, even swim, you name it. It's way, way cleaned up.

But the NYC water system is wild. It's an incredible rabbit hole to go down if you're interested. Biggest system in the world. The water comes directly from massive reservoirs in protected watersheds upstate. It's pristine and delicious. I'd rather drink it than any bottled water, and that's the only place where I feel that way. It comes through two massive water tunnels, and they've been working on a $5B third tunnel for around 50 years so they can finally shut down the others one by one for repairs and upgrades.

Google if you're interested in infrastructure and the like. It's pretty cool. I dig that stuff. Remember the Die Hard where they have a chase through the under construction 3rd tunnel?

As for pizza (and French and Italian breads, bagels, and pretty much everything else), the water really is just perfect for baking. They say it's because the water is very soft as in low in certain minerals, if affect the gluten for real, but man, nothing compares.

You can mess with water and many bakeries and restaurants nationwide do, which is why, even though my favorite pizza places are in NYC, there are of course some really good restaurants and bakeries all over that country that get it right.

Knowing The More You Know GIF by Joey Bada$$

Last edited:
Nasty *** Hudson River water? Negative, ghostrider. First of all the Hudson of today is not the Hudson of the 70's. I've been out on the water there plenty, as do kayakers, jet skis, even swim, you name it. It's way, way cleaned up.

But the NYC water system is wild. It's an incredible rabbit hole to go down if you're interested. Biggest system in the world. The water comes directly from massive reservoirs in protected watersheds upstate. It's pristine and delicious. I'd rather drink it than any bottled water, and that's the only place where I feel that way. It comes through two massive water tunnels, and they've been working on a $5B third tunnel for around 50 years so they can finally shut down the others one by one for repairs and upgrades.

Google if you're interested in infrastructure and the like. It's pretty cool. I dig that stuff. Remember the Die Hard where they have a chase through the under construction 3rd tunnel?

As for pizza (and French and Italian breads, bagels, and pretty much everything else), the water really is just perfect for baking. They say it's because the water is very soft as in low in certain minerals, if affect the gluten for real, but man, nothing compares.

You can mess with water and many bakeries and restaurants nationwide do, which is why, even though my favorite pizza places are in NYC, there are of course some really good restaurants and bakeries all over that work to get it right.

Knowing The More You Know GIF by Joey Bada$$
I get that...my point overall is...I feel like some people could have the best pizza ever and say...well...it was excellent, but it ain't NYC good.

BTW... yinz ain't talking to some random CiS weirdo. I was a top food blogger in Orlando for almost 12 years, just gave it up when Covid hit, and then moved to Melbourne.

I have had some of the best Mexican food ever in Illinois,...in Bloomington/Normal to be exact...2 hrs North of ChiRaq...in Florida you can get lots of great authentic Mexican food.

When I say Mexican, im not talking about gloopy gloppy Tex-Mex either...the 2 are totally different...I've had good Tex-Mex in Chicago as well.

I've had it all and done it all except for authentic NYC pizza, so maybe some day I will venture there for it. I've had the pleasure of eating just about anything anywhere and tried stuff I never would have in a million years. I've hung out with Celebrity Chefs, did SOBEWFF for 6 years straight with over $5,000 in passes to events...drank the best bourbon, Scotch, Whiskey, Rum, Gin, Tequila...you name it.

And..YES...I am very particular about Cuban food...there is no substitute for Miami/So. FLORIDA. and Fook Tampa with their Cuban sangwich with tomatoes, Salami and lettuce...GTFO!!

I get it trust me...but I'm just saying...BRO!!!

Probably not a popular opinion but John’s on Bleeker is good, not great. I prefer Best Pizza and Lucali’s in Brooklyn, Totonno’s in Coney Island and Di Fara

My favorite pizza called apizza can be found in New Haven. Take your pick: Sally’s, Frank Pepe or Modern. They destroy anything in Miami.

In Miami, Lucali’s (run by his cousin and not Mark Iacono) and Eleventh Street are probably the top 2 with Mr. 01 as honorable mention (not a fan of too saucy or fancy Neapolitan style). Frankie’s on Bird Road is my childhood favorite. Casola’s is post-game drunk pizza.

Below are a few pics from last time I was in New Haven. Not pictured is the clam pie which is outstanding.

FC22352B-2B23-4F38-BA38-AED4C28AAA30.jpeg
C40F1573-9A94-4350-BD00-9CF75F48A043.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back