Portnoy post Miami-FSU game pizza review…

Advertisement
Biggest fall from grace as been Miami's Best Pizza.

Nowhere near the spot it was before it moved over to Ponce from the old location. Once they lost their magical pizza oven—that had been around since the 70's, when they were an OG Little Caesars—their pie has turned to slop and they seem more concerned with selling merch than firing out good pizza.
I grew up using that "looking glass" window to watch pizzas get made. Sometimes, after a big FSU game or whatever, a bunch of cars would go around campus honking their horns and waving Canes flags. For example, after Wide Right I in '91. Then we'd all head over to Miami's best and wait for the pizza while looking in. MBP and Tony Roma's were bigtime Canes spots in the late 80s and 90s. Think the association to the Canes added flavor to their food.

Eleventh st pizza & Lucali's on the beach are my current favorites in the city, there's alot of mediocre pizza locally that locals think is good because they've never tried really good pizza. Not knocking some of the local spots, theyre respectable, but they aren't on par with the pizza you can find in the northeast

Advertisement
Biggest fall from grace as been Miami's Best Pizza.

Nowhere near the spot it was before it moved over to Ponce from the old location. Once they lost their magical pizza oven—that had been around since the 70's, when they were an OG Little Caesars—their pie has turned to slop and they seem more concerned with selling merch than firing out good pizza.

BRING BACK D'PIZZA OF UM!!!

I might be one of the only ones who think this but Chuck E. Cheese is not bad in tne misc. category It’s not good Italian pizzeria or brick oven style but it’s not bad. if you happen to be doing the daddy thing might as well eat some decent pizza.
Nah Dog, stuff is Garbage! Did a nephew birthday party there in September 21...

The Salad bar and Cheese Breadsticks were decent though.

It's also funny watching men mostly begrudgingly going there with wife and kids slamming beers at 11:00 am as they trot their kiddos around all the games...you can tell they are thrilled to be there.

Any of you'll Orlando area cats ever hit up Pizza Bruno?? That is hands down best gourmet pizza in Orange county, best garlic knots, cannollis, grilled octopus..etc.

Advertisement
You sure you’re not upset because your local places actually stink? I’m not saying he’s spot on all the time but Pizza outside of the North East is pretty bad, and forget about NY style pizza in Dade and Broward it’s all horrible.
I lived in Miami for 4 years during college. The only pizza I could force down was papa Johns.

I might be one of the only ones who think this but Chuck E. Cheese is not bad in tne misc. category It’s not good Italian pizzeria or brick oven style but it’s not bad. if you happen to be doing the daddy thing might as well eat some decent pizza.
Charles ******* Cheese ?!?!? I am in the twilight zone. You can get AIDS just by walking in that place, let alone eating the worst pizza ever conceived. That pseudo-food is an element of genocide.

Ambrosia in WPB was great before it got sold a few years back.

Argentino Las Olas has excellent pizza.

If you want huge slices when you are drunk as a skunk, try Mauro's in Hollywood.

Advertisement
Question: isn’t this the same guy that just paid a kid that UM had in the bag to go to Jackson State? I don’t know celebrities or whatever.

Advertisement
There can be only one.

1643291221687.jpeg

I'm embarrassed for you that you posted this on a public forum. And, yes, you will be the only one...To each his own, I guess.

Advertisement
Back