Portnoy and Ruiz

Advertisement
Holy sh*t he went full "black friends." Never go full black friends.

Rovell tho

image.jpeg

Advertisement
But if he then rescinds it after receiving a payment, things get murky.
What, who rescinds what? You need to be more clear but I think you are saying what if a committed player de commits after getting an NIL offer? So what? The NIL never takes effect. That player is free to sign somewhere else. Further, if that happened that supports the view that the NIL played no role in the commitment. Could the player have expected a better deal and that is why he decomitted, maybe, but that is conjecture.

Advertisement
What, who rescinds what? You need to be more clear but I think you are saying what if a committed player de commits after getting an NIL offer? So what? The NIL never takes effect. That player is free to sign somewhere else. Further, if that happened that supports the view that the NIL played no role in the commitment. Could the player have expected a better deal and that is why he decomitted, maybe, but that is conjecture.

Rovell’s hypothetical scenario was a HS player signing an NIL after commitment but before his NLI is signed. Said player then rescinds his commitment but still gets paid until the terms of the NIL.

Rovell’s hypothetical scenario was a HS player signing a binding NIL after commitment but before his NLI is signed. Said player then rescinds his commitment but still gets paid until the terms of the NIL he signed.
You are missing something key. The NIL deal can’t be signed until after they are enrolled. So there is no service or cash transfer prior. I would agree otherwise but until it is signed it is just an offer that happens after the commitment. Note this is how I heard it tonight. I have not read the FL law.

You are missing something key. The NIL deal can’t be signed until after they are enrolled. So there is no service or cash transfer prior. I would agree otherwise but until it is signed it is just an offer that happens after the commitment. Note this is how I heard it tonight. I have not read the FL law.

Unless I misheard, the way Rovell framed it was the NIL could be signed prior to enrollment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
People need to understand the NCAA has absolutely nothing to do with NIL deals. They have no control. They have no say. They can only watch from the sidelines.

If you don’t believe me, just ask @AtlAtty .

But yet we have people on this site, well-known attention seeking trolls, trying to legitimize Rovell.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back