Pope finally gets his 5th star

Advertisement
Boom! About **** time.

This is what good recruiting looks like. Every single one of our Storm 18 guys has the potential to be elite. There is not one guy in the class that I'm iffy on or have questions about. Maaaaybe, Sits. But I think we need to give him some time.

Overall, I absolutely love what the staff is doing. Careful, diligent analysis of prospects, and offering guys with the intent of playing immediately. We don't have time for 3-year developmental projects. Maybe only in special cases, but that should not be our norm.

No reaches. No feel good projects. And no character issue types. This is the crap that Golden did, and it's why we eventually ended up either losing half of our classes to behavior/academic reasons, or stockpiling the roster with outright jags.

We got literally the best WR in the State & one of the top 5 in the Nation, but this board cries about "missing" E Moore all the time lol

what does one have to do with the other?

if we're taking 4 WR's, it's elijah vs everyone else that could fill that 4th spot. not elijah vs an already committed player.

if we were only taking 3 WR's, then maybe what you said would almost make some sense.

Advertisement
We got literally the best WR in the State & one of the top 5 in the Nation, but this board cries about "missing" E Moore all the time lol

if we're taking 4 WR's, it's elijah vs everyone else that could fill that 4th spot. not elijah vs an already committed player.

if we were only taking 3 WR's, then maybe what you said would almost make some sense.
It has everything to do with everything, because the main reason why he's not a take for the 4th spot is because he doesn't add anything that we don't already have.

My point, is that he's vastly overrated on this board & a guy like Pope is under appreciated.

It makes perfect sense if you're not one of the guys who constantly hyping him up.

It has everything to do with everything, because the main reason why he's not a take for the 4th spot is because he doesn't add anything that we don't already have.

My point, is that he's vastly overrated on this board & a guy like Pope is under appreciated.

It makes perfect sense if you're not one of the guys who constantly hyping him up.

show me one single post of someone saying they'd take elijah over pope.

Advertisement
Scaife from not ranked to 52.

7th best lineman in the country according to Rivals.

Rivals is also really high on John Campbell. Has him ranked as a 4-star, 124th in the entire country, and 10th at his position.

Interesting comparing that to 247 which has him ranked 807th in the country and 75th OT.

Rivals just updated their top 100. Pope finally starting to get the national recognition he deserves. Now ESPN needs to stop playing and update theirs. We have 6 in the top 100.

Well, it's obvious now that UF will clearly be able to flip him. Or so we will be told...

That 5th star's gonna excite them.

Yeah, because before...well, the Gaytors had other options. I mean, come on, both Schwartz and Pope had 4 stars each, so what's the difference?

But now that Pope has a 5th star and Corral does not...well, now Coach McSharkfvcker smells the blood in the water, and he'll be desperate to land a 5-star catch to hump.

bol

Never said that they would, because that wasn't my point.

What I'm saying that you seem to have trouble understanding is, the people that are so high on Moore are doing so under false pretenses.

We don't need Moore because we got Pope who's head & shoulders better, so those that arguing he should be the 4th WR are missing why he's not a take, that's the point.

What I'm saying that you seem to have trouble understanding is, the people that are so high on Moore are doing so under false pretenses.

We don't need Moore because we got Pope who's head & shoulders better, so those that arguing he should be the 4th WR are missing why he's not a take, that's the point.

thats like saying we didnt need harley because we have thomas. you take the best WR's available for the spots you have available. we have 2 taller WR's committed along with langham, njoku, harris, cager, richards already on the team, so i could use the same logic to claim that any wr's 6'2" or taller arent takes for the 4th spot.

here's what we need to do: take the best talent available with the highest likelihood of sticking with us for that 4th WR spot. and i dont think it's all that crazy to argue that Elijah fits that mold.

everything else was just hyperbole that you made up because it sounded like a hot take inside your head. no one claimed elijah over pope, so your point is useless.

Advertisement

thats like saying we didnt need harley because we have thomas. you take the best WR's available for the spots you have available. we have 2 taller WR's committed along with langham, njoku, harris, cager, richards already on the team, so i could use the same logic to claim that any wr's 6'2" or taller arent takes for the 4th spot.

here's what we need to do: take the best talent available with the highest likelihood of sticking with us for that 4th WR spot. and i dont think it's all that crazy to argue that Elijah fits that mold.

everything else was just hyperbole that you made up because it sounded like a hot take inside your head. no one claimed elijah over pope, so your point is useless.
Langham graduates & Harris is a JUCO who could end leaving after the season, so the height argument doesn't actually work in that scenario.

I never said anyone claimed Elijah over Pope.

My point is that he's overrated & overhyped on this board, and the reason why he's not a take is because he's not better than any of the 3 we got or Thornton who would be the 4th WR if we decide to take one.

My point isn't useless at all, you just keep missing it because you're probably one of the guys on the Moore hype train, hence your reply to my first comment originally.

You're saying we need to take the best talent available right? Well ask yourself, why isn't he a take then? Because he doesn't fit that description at all, except on here by his fan club.

That's my point.

Our WR needs for the 2017 class were more dire than our needs this year. Last year, Moore would have been a 100% a take along with Harley and Thomas. Pope gets a spot regardless of how many we would have signed the previous year cause 5stars from SFLA always have a spot.

Scaife from not ranked to 52.

7th best lineman in the country according to Rivals.

Rivals is also really high on John Campbell. Has him ranked as a 4-star, 124th in the entire country, and 10th at his position.

Interesting comparing that to 247 which has him ranked 807th in the country and 75th OT.

They'll release their new 250 tomorrow, so that 124 may change.

Advertisement

Langham graduates & Harris is a JUCO who could end leaving after the season, so the height argument doesn't actually work in that scenario.

I never said anyone claimed Elijah over Pope.

My point is that he's overrated & overhyped on this board, and the reason why he's not a take is because he's not better than any of the 3 we got or Thornton who would be the 4th WR if we decide to take one.

My point isn't useless at all, you just keep missing it because you're probably one of the guys on the Moore hype train, hence your reply to my first comment originally.

You're saying we need to take the best talent available right? Well ask yourself, why isn't he a take then? Because he doesn't fit that description at all, except on here by his fan club.

That's my point.

harris & langham both have 2 years eligibility left. unless they transfer, they'll be back in 2018.

if your point is that in your opinion he's not better than the 3 we have and you'd rather us save that 4th spot for Thornton, then okay that's a fair point and arguable.

i dont know how good our chances are with thornton, but im pretty **** confident we could get moore. it seems thats a risk we're willing to take due to our numbers/talent at WR, and im okay with that.

as for your last question/point.. harley wasn't a take at this time last year either. & he might get starter snaps in his first game as a true frosh. his being a take or not RIGHT NOW isn't necessarily dependent on his talent.

who is a better AVAILABLE talent right now, in your opinion?

Last edited:
We don't "NEED" a 4th WR this class.

With who we already have on the roster & the three that are committed, why even consider taking a guy that the staff CLEARLY isn't high on?

I can understand the argument for Thornton because he has elite size/speed, I honestly don't understand the argument for Moore at this particular point in the process.

With who we already have on the roster & the three that are committed, why even consider taking a guy that the staff CLEARLY isn't high on?

I can understand the argument for Thornton because he has elite size/speed, I honestly don't understand the argument for Moore at this particular point in the process.

I tend to agree with you.

However, I am still scarred by prior year WR recruiting. Such as the year we signed George "Hands of Stone" Robinson, the "best WR in Dade" that year.

I'd like to have one more guy, but it's probably more of a luxury than a need right now. I think it's easier to load up on 4 WRs than it is to take 3 RBs. WRs can be all shapes and sizes and speeds, and they can all mix-and-match well and share the ball.

I tend to agree with you.

However, I am still scarred by prior year WR recruiting. Such as the year we signed George "Hands of Stone" Robinson, the "best WR in Dade" that year.

I'd like to have one more guy, but it's probably more of a luxury than a need right now. I think it's easier to load up on 4 WRs than it is to take 3 RBs. WRs can be all shapes and sizes and speeds, and they can all mix-and-match well and share the ball.

I don't think our staff cares about what scarred you in the past.

We are going to be loaded at WR in 2018 with what we have now. Only taking a 4th if it's a can't miss guy is absolutely the correct approach.

Advertisement
Back