Pope finally gets his 5th star

We don't "NEED" a 4th WR this class.

With who we already have on the roster & the three that are committed, why even consider taking a guy that the staff CLEARLY isn't high on?

I can understand the argument for Thornton because he has elite size/speed, I honestly don't understand the argument for Moore at this particular point in the process.

Tweeds right.unless that 4th receiver is Terrance Marshall we don't need another WR np matter how tall or short he is.

Use it at another position RB,TE,DT That we could use another player at

I think they might take Thorton if he wanted to come.

I'm all for using an extra wr spot for DT

Advertisement
Pope is in the Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy category. Moore **** sure isn't and it's really that simple.

who needs to put in work when all it takes is a website update to become a better player

Advertisement
After these new rivals ratings Scaife has finally gotten his fourth star in the 247 composite.

It has everything to do with everything, because the main reason why he's not a take for the 4th spot is because he doesn't add anything that we don't already have.

My point, is that he's vastly overrated on this board & a guy like Pope is under appreciated.

It makes perfect sense if you're not one of the guys who constantly hyping him up.

show me one single post of someone saying they'd take elijah over pope.
Never said that they would, because that wasn't my point.

What I'm saying that you seem to have trouble understanding is, the people that are so high on Moore are doing so under false pretenses.

We don't need Moore because we got Pope who's head & shoulders better, so those that arguing he should be the 4th WR are missing why he's not a take, that's the point.

thats like saying we didnt need harley because we have thomas. you take the best WR's available for the spots you have available. we have 2 taller WR's committed along with langham, njoku, harris, cager, richards already on the team, so i could use the same logic to claim that any wr's 6'2" or taller arent takes for the 4th spot.

here's what we need to do: take the best talent available with the highest likelihood of sticking with us for that 4th WR spot. and i dont think it's all that crazy to argue that Elijah fits that mold.

everything else was just hyperbole that you made up because it sounded like a hot take inside your head. no one claimed elijah over pope, so your point is useless.
Langham graduates & Harris is a JUCO who could end leaving after the season, so the height argument doesn't actually work in that scenario.

I never said anyone claimed Elijah over Pope.

My point is that he's overrated & overhyped on this board, and the reason why he's not a take is because he's not better than any of the 3 we got or Thornton who would be the 4th WR if we decide to take one.

My point isn't useless at all, you just keep missing it because you're probably one of the guys on the Moore hype train, hence your reply to my first comment originally.

You're saying we need to take the best talent available right? Well ask yourself, why isn't he a take then? Because he doesn't fit that description at all, except on here by his fan club.

That's my point.

Are we still on Terrace Marshall from NOLA, or did that ship sail? Unless I missed it, he hasn't been on campus; but his final 4 on Twitter has us there along with LSU, Texas and Texas A&M.
I'd love for us to keep swinging for the fences with top shelf talent like him and Micah Parsons.

We don't "NEED" a 4th WR this class.

With who we already have on the roster & the three that are committed, why even consider taking a guy that the staff CLEARLY isn't high on?

I can understand the argument for Thornton because he has elite size/speed, I honestly don't understand the argument for Moore at this particular point in the process.

Tweeds right.unless that 4th receiver is Terrance Marshall we don't need another WR np matter how tall or short he is.

Use it at another position RB,TE,DT That we could use another player at

My thinking is right there with yours; but if Marshall decides to go elsewhere, I'd still go all out on Thornton. Even though Elijah would be a take any other year, we already have Mighty Mouse 1.0 & 2.0 in house.

Advertisement
We got literally the best WR in the State & one of the top 5 in the Nation, but this board cries about "missing" E Moore all the time lol

Some on here would rather be unhappy with what they got or going to get, those prefer to be unhappy and look at what they don't have. It will never change and you can take that to the bank. It'sin real life not only on a message board.

LCE, thanks for all you do, and giving those who want to look up ******'s will alway find ****.

Personally, I love the Miami Hurricanes, and it's great to be CANE.

ask yourself: who brought up elijah moore in a thread about pope getting his 5th star?

then ask yourself: why would someone who is "happy" with what we have do such a thing?[/QU

We got literally the best WR in the State & one of the top 5 in the Nation, but this board cries about "missing" E Moore all the time lol

Some on here would rather be unhappy with what they got or going to get, those prefer to be unhappy and look at what they don't have. It will never change and you can take that to the bank. It'sin real life not only on a message board.

LCE, thanks for all you do, and giving those who want to look up ******'s will alway find ****.

Personally, I love the Miami Hurricanes, and it's great to be CANE.

ask yourself: who brought up elijah moore in a thread about pope getting his 5th star?

then ask yourself: why would someone who is "happy" with what we have do such a thing?

Why ask why.

btw who cares about the 5th star,what does it mean other than to the kid and his family, it's a recruiting board whose credability is questioned.

Scaife from not ranked to 52.

7th best lineman in the country according to Rivals.

Rivals is also really high on John Campbell. Has him ranked as a 4-star, 124th in the entire country, and 10th at his position.

Interesting comparing that to 247 which has him ranked 807th in the country and 75th OT.

The hysterical part to that & why recruiting is such a joke to the people who actually understand how it works is rivals & 247 are owned by the same three people. Majority owner is a complete ego maniac & a joke. Area scouts all take payola to boost specific kids in the ratings.

247 now owns scout as well... i guess they now control 3/4 of the composite ranking...

Advertisement
but let me get back on topic...

247 slacking:

Mark Pope, Miami Southridge, Wide Receiver

That's actually composite, not 247's rankings. 247 has him as 29th, which is in their 5* range (32) when all is said and done. The reason his composite ranking is that low is because ESPN's draw-names-out-of-a-hat rankings have Pope as like the 32nd-34th WR or something like that.. which is absolutely asinine, no way of spinning it. ESPN's rankings this year are so, so bad. I think they have Lingard at 90th or something ridiculous as well.

Last edited:
Just read that Mark Pope got shut down by a corner from Gibbons that followed him around the whole game

Advertisement
Just read that Mark Pope got shut down by a corner from Gibbons that followed him around the whole game

Rescind his offer immediately, immediately, harumph, harumph

AR-305249909.jpg

You mean Marquis Williams from Cardinal Gibbons, who is a Pittsburgh commit. IMO it was more on the QB throwing the ball up for grabs. Pope later confirmed this to be true on twitter which he state "wait till I get a QB" which he soon deleted. As you can see in the video dude had a hard on for Pope.

pope.jpg

[TWEET]902002504447221760[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back