Poll: Should Manny Be Given 2 More Years?

Poll: Should Manny be given 2 more years as head coach of the Miami Hurricanes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Fraggle.Has.Voted
Taking receipts. Usual suspects so far. Missing a vote from @puertorricane & @AHURT12 for the extension crew. Close vote so far 😂😂

22CDB7F9-C6F1-4EFE-BB3A-E3ACDC8F3C34.jpeg

You are so dumb. I've certainly never advocated to give him two more years. Please find a post where I said that and I'm happy to never post here again. All I've said is I'd like to wait until the end of the season to make a more informed decision about firing him this season or not. Nothing about next year or the year after. You're an embarrassment to Virginia.
“You’re an embarrassment to Virginia”
Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Advertisement
RVA, now you got me all fired up against Blake James again. That porst just amplifies what a horrible decision James made going for Manny. Gosh darn, being a head coach is hard, but I know Manny will grow into the role. He just needs time.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮

I voted for 2 years only because I see improvements and the only other option you gave was dismissal this year. I am 100% for one more year based on the improvements I have seen, especially since TVD. I've wanted TVD or Garcia since the spring. King was too risky since he could be gun shy and he missed too many practices. TVD and Garcia got practices and both looked really good. Our season would be totally different if one of those two were early starters, also I wanted TVD last year as King was going to be a one and done but covid altered that and he got another year darn it. Imagine if TVD had last year under his belt coming into this year. Even if we drop a remaining game or we win out but Pitt stays on top Manny deserves one more year minimum.

One other aspect is with LSU, USC, and probably fsu and the gator looking for a new coach with huge budgets, the pickings might be too slim for our budget.
Mario is a great option BUT he is not coming back to the U when he can demand huge bucks anywhere else beyond what the U can afford. As I have stated elsewhere, we need to get off the coach merry-go-round. Manny has been in tune with our problems and has expeditiously fixed them as quick as can be expected. He is limited in fixing a college program yet has used the portal wisely getting some exceptional players. Recruiting is key and he will be handicapped if this will he stay or will he go continues, especially with the gator and fsu demise, we should clean up Florida high achool talent but not if this charade continues.

I imagine that any assistant coach watching our progress would love to join the U and with the many firings Manny should get the pick of the litter, especially get an innovative DC., but not if his job stays on the line. We will join all the other losers looking for what might not exist.
Hey Fraggle - Good morning, sir.

This is what recruiting looks like and what it will look like for next year:
snowstorm GIF

This is what opposing offenses look like vs Manny’s defense:

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Advertisement
Everyone on that list is a real jerk.
Its bananas. I dont care what order the wins came in, particularly in year 3. Not winning the Coastal in 3 years should be a minimum high level KPI for a UM coach. Thats not too much to ask for accountability. Its not like we have Bama, Clemson, OSU type in our division blocking us every year.

The HOW we won or lost our games is just as concerning. Terrible overall product on the field. The fact that our defense is this bad and that is Manny's specialty side of the ball supposedly is scary. Manny has known for a long time that his defensive philosophy is completely flawed and has not done anything to change it. We can now beat some of the coastal teams in a squeak out. Great. We havent really moved the needle much on making a game of it against the top teams.

We've screwed the pooch on this year's recruiting class and could really muddy the waters on the following one, putting us in a bigger hole. We are already going to have to go portal shopping for way too much. The portal should be to plug a few holes in the boat, not to be the way to build your whole **** boat

Obviously this is a fan poll. The Admin has a lot of other variables they are dealing with, money, Blake, Manny Sr, a divided BOT etc. But dangit man. This is frustrating.

@flagator86 posted the Mullen buyout in Gator Tears. Their 247 board is talking about Bill Heavener and others hopefully rescuing them and forcing it. They can easily do that and get Franklin.

Franklin would bring Seider back as well so they’d like that. I definitely don’t want Franklin there over Mullen but if Franklin hated the Penn State fans, he’s not going to like the gaytor fans much more.

I’ll still want FSU to beat them.
Seider & TRob at UF under a new head coach would be very bad for us. Like set us back big time.

Now Mario with Seider & TRob here at Miami - Oh My!!

Advertisement
You will no longer be able to recruit well with Manny Diaz. You can keep him for a year...maybe 2...but the world knows its a Clay Helton situation where he is not long for this world and the next time we have some hard times...he's gone.
What else is there to say besides this? A majority of the fan base (myself included) will be looking more at the scheme than the W/L column. And I don’t see Manny improving the scheme, at least on the defensive side of the ball.

So where does that leave us? Cribby told us there is a faction of players that would leave if Manny was retained. I’m not gonna speak for cribby, but this feels like more than “I’m not getting enough PT” or “this scheme sucks and doesn’t fit my talent” (like Ben Simmons in Philly). So, either a bunch of guys hit the portal, or we have a bunch of malcontents.

I jokingly often use the phrase “what have you done for me lately?” But in this instance it is the opposite - a few close wins do nothing to make me feel better about the future, after what I’ve seen the past few years.

Advertisement
Back