POLL- Conferences: Where Do You Want to Go?

What's your preferred destination?

• Total voters
When I went to a lot of games, five or six a year, the majority of the people I knew and tailgates with had driven to the game. You've got a lot of schools in a comfortable days drive. That goes out the window with B1G games. So the idea rgag every fan in S. FL has to fly is flat out wrong.

Additionally, watch what happens to recruiting if we're in the B1G. You can kiss most of the SEC footprint guys goodbye. You don't go play in a conference where your games are all 15 hours or more away on the road.

USC is unique in that its in Cali and while people love to say Miami is a big destination, it isn't LA.

Any way you slice it, it's dumb as **** what college football is becoming conference wise. I'd bet almost any amount we won't be making a move to the B1G.

The 1000 people that might drive to a UVag or UNC game is irrelevant. Our fans will fly in a heartbeat en masse IF they're motivated to do so- see our crowd at Jerry World against LSU.

South Florida is a 1000x more attractive travel option for most of Big Ten fans than LA- and I say that as someone that would absolutely fly to watch us play at USC.

Recruiting won't be affected one iota by us going to either conference. We won't be the only programs making the move. This isn't Nebraska losing its footprint in Texas. We already have a footprint based on pure geography alone and we CHOOSE our national footprint.

Advertisement
SEC already has a footprint into Florida and always have. Look at all the players they have gotten over the years. FSU and Clemson will be a take before us.

I think it's about TV markets. UF/FSU basically have the same TV market. Miami is a huge market and UM still gets ratings even when it's bad. Clemson has good TV ratings, but that's because they dominate the ACC. If they are an UF-level team in the SEC, I think they will lose a lot of their shine. It's not about football quality, it's who is going to bring viewers. People love to hate-watch UM. We'd be the bad guys in the SEC, stadiums would sell out to boo us. UNC and UVA also capture big tv markets. From a pure business perspective, I think UM, UNC, UVA would the most desirable ACC programs for the P2.

The 1000 people that might drive to a UVag or UNC game is irrelevant. Our fans will fly in a heartbeat en masse IF they're motivated to do so- see our crowd at Jerry World against LSU.

South Florida is a 1000x more attractive travel option for most of Big Ten fans than LA- and I say that as someone that would absolutely fly to watch us play at USC.

Recruiting won't be affected one iota by us going to either conference. We won't be the only programs making the move. This isn't Nebraska losing its footprint in Texas. We already have a footprint based on pure geography alone and we CHOOSE our national footprint.

I disagree and your LSU comparison was essentially the season opener at the baddest venue in the US, if not the planet. That's the exception, not the rule.

We travel alright for what we are, a small school.

Additionally, we head north, you're out of your mind if you don't think recruiting will be affected. Most recruits parents can't afford or take the time off work to make the travel investment that all those B1G games would. A simple up and back to a lot of SEC venues would be more in line with realistic possibilities. We'd be setting a fence around us and they'd poach us like they always have, but worse IMO.

Miami vs LA, neither is really all that for a Midwesterner. They don't have that high of an opinion of S FL in general. The Miami lifestyle isn't their thing. They love the bathtub on the other side and the redneck riviera. Cali though, most want to go at least once and experience it.

Advertisement
Anyone think three Super Conf of 24 schools each could happen?? I believe there are 69 P5 schools including the 4 joining Big 12. Could the new P3 find three more schools to join??

I like the idea of the marquee games against OSU and the Domers, but from a recruiting standpoint, being in the SEC is hands down a better choice, especially if we're going to model ourselves after Bama, GA, and Clemson.

That said, we need to bring Trailerhassee along with us.

Playing at Ol' Miss is going to be the only game I'm going to be actually scared of.

Advertisement
SEC already has a footprint into Florida and always have. Look at all the players they have gotten over the years. FSU and Clemson will be a take before us.
C'mon man!!! Really? It's not a footprint of the entire state. If you're the SEC, you want all the fans in the State of Florida watching the SEC not just 1/4 of them at best.

Adding Miami and FSU puts 80% of Florida resident eyes on SEC football games not even including national interest. Plus, the in-state rivalry between all 3 schools would be thru the roof.

Last edited:
haven’t put too much thought into it but this looks cool

Maybe switch Oregon and WV - and I feel like Boise State might have a legit argument of being in the Pac-16. Maybe a better argument than someone like Cincy.

Miami needs to win the ACC two years in a row starting this season then announce its leaving for the SEC, perfect exit 💎

Last edited:
BIG 10 WEST - Add Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, and USC
BIG 10 EAST - Add ND, Miami, FSU, and Clemson
WideMinorGadwall-max-1mb (2).gif

Advertisement
What happened to the Oklahoma v Nebraska rivalry game?

And unlike USC, Miami has the OPTION of picking one of the power 2 that makes geographic sense. USC had no choice BUT the big 10. We do

Again, better recruiting in the SEC, and we would play FSU and UF every year. Would you rather play Alabama or Illinois? Come on man, you transplants are delusional. Buy a map please, or pull up Google Earth. Miami is not in the northeast
Are the teams traveling by horse and buggy or some ****? Have planes ceased to exist?

Also, USC probably could've joined the SEC too so let's not just start making **** up.

SEC MIGHT be a better option but it's not clear cut. If BIG takes multiple existing ACC teams there would be a division with closer schools. You gotta think of what could be and not what it is right now.

Advertisement
SEC, it would be nice to beat our little Stepbrother UF every year. Being in the conference they cant run and hide from us anymore. They have to be feeling a little unease with the woodshed beating on the trail that Mario is giving them and the possibility that they’d have to face us every year. 😂

Advertisement
Back