POLL- Conferences: Where Do You Want to Go?

What's your preferred destination?

• Total voters
Advertisement
SEC will never take Miami as they hate everything about Miami. They would love nothing more to stick it to us. Cultural we have absolutely nothing in common with any of those schools in the SEC.

The SEC will never take Miami!! They wont like us, never have and UF wont allow it.
UF has 1 vote. They don't control ****.

ATM didn't want Texas, but voted for them anyway. Florida will do the same as they don'twant to look weak or scared. Acceptance does NOT require unanimous vote. The SEC bylaws require a 3/4th majority vote.

Miami is a gold mine for both the SEC, B1G, and ACC. The ACC has been sleeping on Miami. When Miami wins the ACC, the stick goes through the roof.

Like I said in other posts, Miami and FSU give the SEC the entire State of Florida in their footprint.

Advertisement
I just don't see a cultural fit.
Maybe not, but their schools are hoarding our young men in a culture that doesn't fit them.

I prefer geography over culture. We don't need to be like our opponents. It's what makes Miami unique.

I could see Miami in a 20 team SEC power conference with FSU, Clemson, and Louisville in 4 divisions of 5 teams each. They would play 9 conference games where each team in a division plays all 5 teams in another division like the NFL.

Last edited:
Maybe not, but their schools are hoarding our young men in a culture that doesn't fit them.

I prefer geography over culture. We don't need to be like our opponents. It's what makes Miami unique.
If the SEC grabs a PAC12 team, geography won't matter.

Of course, If the SEC raids NC and VA, it could get interesting.

If the SEC grabs a PAC12 team, geography won't matter.

Of course, If the SEC raids NC and VA, it could get interesting.
If you look, the SEC has strategically added teams in adjacent states to existing SEC schools. They did it with Arkansas and S. Carolina, TAMU, Missouri and now with Oklahoma, and Texas. They are not interested in going outside of their footprint. They have only expanded with adjacent schools. They have done so strategically.

If you look, the SEC has strategically added teams in adjacent states to existing SEC schools. They did it with Arkansas and S. Carolina, TAMU, Missouri and now with Oklahoma, and Texas. They are not interested in going outside of their footprint. They have only expanded with adjacent schools. They have done so strategically.
So did the Big 10, until now. Like JD08 said, at this point all bets are off as to who will get picked up.

Advertisement
I don’t want our guys playing in all those winter games
Sec is where we need to go
Have fsu go to big 10 and sec take Miami and Clemson and call it a day

That gives South Carolina and Florida a natural rival
And we could play fsu yearly out of conf like before

Get to play gators and fsu every year

UF has 1 vote. They don't control ****.

ATM didn't want Texas, but voted for them anyway. Florida will do the same as they don'twant to look weak or scared. Acceptance does NOT require unanimous vote. The SEC bylaws require a 3/4th majority vote.

Miami is a gold mine for both the SEC, B1G, and ACC. The ACC has been sleeping on Miami. When Miami wins the ACC, the stick goes through the roof.

Like I said in other posts, Miami and FSU give the SEC the entire State of Florida in their footprint.
No need for that
U need to take two at a time
So take Miami and Clemson
Fsu is redundant

I don’t want our guys playing in all those winter games
Sec is where we need to go
Have fsu go to big 10 and sec take Miami and Clemson and call it a day

That gives South Carolina and Florida a natural rival
And we could play fsu yearly out of conf like before

Get to play gators and fsu every year
You think FSU will play Florida AND Miami each year OOC while being in the Big 10? FSU would play one OOC and unfortunately, it wouldn't be Miami.

Advertisement
You think FSU will play Florida AND Miami each year OOC while being in the Big 10? FSU would play one OOC and unfortunately, it wouldn't be Miami.
It’s all good as long as we’re safely in sec
I’ll gladly change year game to uf

I find it interesting that all the sports talk shows I've heard in the last 24 hours, when conversations are about who the SEC should "take" from the ACC, mention Clemson and FSU. We're apparently ghosts.
Maybe it’s on purpose who knows
Radakovik could be working in the shadows
I had no idea the big 10 was making this move

Advertisement
So did the Big 10, until now. Like JD08 said, at this point all bets are off as to who will get picked up.
What makes you think that? You guys are just throwing things out there without any logic. The B1G and SEC have opposing strategies. The recent acquisition with USC and UCLA is nothing new. The B1G added Penn State, Rutgers, and Maryland. The SEC stayed in their footprint with Arkansas, Missouri, TAMU, and S Carolina. They are expanding adjacent to the footprint. They did so with Texas and Oklahoma as well.
They aren't just grabbing any school in a big market.

No need for that
U need to take two at a time
So take Miami and Clemson
Fsu is redundant
You have to apply logic the way Sankey would. How will the conference work? 18 teams. 2 divisions or 3? With the number that high 4 divisions make sense. You can have 4 divisions with 16 and 20, not 18.

Attachments

• 7FAC0D7B-C310-4F90-B53C-EC4759F51CDB.jpeg
    7FAC0D7B-C310-4F90-B53C-EC4759F51CDB.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Back