POLL- Conferences: Where Do You Want to Go?

What's your preferred destination?

• Total voters
Well so we have what your not a fan of on one side and billions of dollars in expanded TV revenue at stake on the other. Hmmmm.......dont think this needs a coin flip.
First of all, stop making **** up I didn't say!!!

In your words, the only way to make billions of dollars is to play cross country schedules every week? That's what you said. NOT me.

Are NFL divisions located geographically? Does it make sense for the Miami Dolphins to play in the same division as the LA Rams and Seattle Seahawks?

So, it doesn't make sense for the NFL who make billions of dollars by the way, but it's somehow is in the best interest of college sports and student athletes to do it. After all, who gives a **** how much an 18-20 has to travel along with their full load of classes they have to maintain. This travel isn't limited to just football. It affects all sports. It will be great watching the Canes basketball team play a Wednesday night game in LA against USC at 9 pm (midnight EST) then have them fly back at 3 am just in time to make their 8 am classes. Nothing bad about that. And for a bonus, just look at all the travel miles the student athletes will rack up.

Advertisement
When initially voted SEC, I was looking at playing the best competition possible. After reading some great points being made & taking some other factors into account, I've changed my vote to B1G. Upon further consideration:
-The SEC schools, its refs and its leadership will absolutely try to f*ck us in any way possible. They don't play fair and have a deep-seated hatred and envy for what we represent and have brought to college football, let alone for our recruiting base...which they need for their schools to succeed.
-The B1G has much better road trips and fan bases. I've been to Madison and Ann Arbor, both are beautiful campuses with friendly folks everywhere you turn (I think it's a Midwest thing). Great stadiums. College Station and Columbus would also be good visits. And now you've got LA. The SEC is Texas and the Confederate state schools with toothless, tobacco spitting fanbases who still think the South will win the war.
-Better nationwide exposure. Being in a conference with schools as far west as LA, as far east as Penn State and as far south as Miami will attract some more interest from HS players outside the southeast. I'm particularly looking at the west coast, where Mario still has a footprint from his time at Oregon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I count four marque football programs in the B1G with the addition of USC, and those are OSU, Mich, PSU, and USC. If we based marque on national titles in the past twenty years, only OSU would be marque. Thus, the B1G should push to be a 20-team conference and add UM, FSU, ND, and Clemson. Three of those four have won titles since 2000. I know to some Clemson probably makes more sense as an SEC school, but it has fit in the ACC, so it can fit in a bigger B1G.

-- or ---

Following Boarcane's reasoning, which really seems like where we are headed, the B1G could offer the four aforementioned schools and Pitt, Va Tech, UNC or UVA, and Oregon out of the PAC 12 to get to 24.
Oregon and Washington is a package deal. Stanford and ND as well would likely be a package. Miami/FSU would probably stick together, as VT would likely prefer to stick with Miami, but doesn't have a partner in this unless they shimmy up with Pitt or BC.

Oregon and Washington is a package deal. Stanford and ND as well would likely be a package. Miami/FSU would probably stick together, as VT would likely prefer to stick with Miami, but doesn't have a partner in this unless they shimmy up with Pitt or BC.
Astcloud11, I entirely forgot about Washington and Stanford. VT and Pitt seem like a likely pair, but BC has a potential TV market. I have no idea how much college football is followed in that area. If the B1G can get Clemson, it would have almost the entire Atlantic coast TV market. With Washington and Oregon, it would have a good portion of the west coast tv market as well. I am speaking geographically without looking at the actual network maps.

Would you prefer UM to pair with FSU rather than Clemson?

Big 10 draws - OSU, Penn State, Neb, Michigan after that the amount of fans showing up to Hard Rock drops significantly. Wis., Iowa, NW, etc, people in S. Fl DGAF.

SEC- Bama, LSU, OU, Tex, UF, Tenn, you can expect s. Fl fans to show up.

Advertisement
Big 10 draws - OSU, Penn State, Neb, Michigan after that the amount of fans showing up to Hard Rock drops significantly. Wis., Iowa, NW, etc, people in S. Fl DGAF.

SEC- Bama, LSU, OU, Tex, UF, Tenn, you can expect s. Fl fans to show up.

You honestly don't believe OSU & Michigan have a lot of fans in Florida?? Come on

B10 is my vote. Better programs top to bottom and with the addition of USC and UCLA it actually gives you a conference with national appeal. The SEC is mainly in the south comprised of small media markets and **** poor towns.

Advertisement
B10 is my vote. Better programs top to bottom and with the addition of USC and UCLA it actually gives you a conference with national appeal. The SEC is mainly in the south comprised of small media markets and **** poor towns.
football may drive the bus, but it drags a heavy trailer behind it (non revenue sports) you think that the school would want to pony up the money for conference away games that far away all the time? nope

SEC

Why do people want to go to the BIG? I don't understand this conference thing but isn't there more money in the SEC

Advertisement
You are interested in traveling to Fayetteville, Starkville, Lexington, Columbia (Missouri & South Carolina), College Station (again), etc. though?

This is all personal taste and somewhat what we each grew up with or favor "culturally" but I'd prefer to take my chances in the spots where they actually value the medical advances in dentistry and draw the line at intra-familial banging (even if Pedo State looks the other way at child diddling).
What a moronic and ignorant post.

Whoever pays the best...but it doesn't really matter to me.

Put both conferences on notice, idc. We comin and we bringin **** with us.

More media outlets reporting Big 12 in "serious" talks with 6 PAC-12 schools about joining the conf.

Advertisement
Back