POLL- Conferences: Where Do You Want to Go?

What's your preferred destination?

• Total voters
Notwithstanding obvious geographical issues, we are a better match with Big10 insofar as university (academics) are concerned. On the negative side, UM doesn't offer many sports teams but that may be good thing as less travel expense for everyone.

Advertisement
Notwithstanding obvious geographical issues, we are a better match with Big10 insofar as university (academics) are concerned. On the negative side, UM doesn't offer many sports teams but that may be good thing as less travel expense for everyone.

Would $100 million year help start new programs? Along with donations from Ruiz Family?

Advertisement
I dont know about you guys, but I have zero interest in traveling to Champaign, Bloomington, Minneapolis, Happy Valley, Lincoln, Iowa City, etc.

Advertisement
SEC...we are the king of the south

I think it was @TheOriginalCane who mentioned the confederacy theory with the SEC. They want to own the confederate/south market where Football is king. Kind of weird if that is the case but either way Miami doesn’t “culturally” fit in the Big 10, neither.

I voted B1G because it is an easier conference where we'll have a better chance of competing for national championships. That said, I'd be fine with a move to the SEC, too. The conferences obviously offer very different pros/cons, but to me winning trumps everything.

On a side note, it'd really suck if we lost our rivalry with F$U and they joined the SEC because there's no way F$U would play an SEC schedule and us every year.

If there is some chance that UCF followed us to the B1G while UF and F$U joined the SEC, then I might need to reconsider my position. Creating a "rivalry" with that directional school is something we should avoid.

Advertisement
I hadn’t thought about it but wonder if this move would be the impetus to add more sports @ UM or not. Por ejemplo, I imagine $EC membership would mean softball is a sport really soon, etc.

I hadn’t thought about it but wonder if this move would be the impetus to add more sports @ UM or not. Por ejemplo, I imagine $EC membership would mean softball is a sport really soon, etc.

Maybe more women's sports as that would be more accommodating to Title9 issues, and maybe softball would be a good one as I believe there are several Florida schools who have softball. From a selfish POV, I would love to see men's soccer....I think this would be a sport we could be good in no time.

Maybe more women's sports as that would be more accommodating to Title9 issues, and maybe softball would be a good one as I believe there are several Florida schools who have softball. From a selfish POV, I would love to see men's soccer....I think this would be a sport we could be good in no time.
Agree on Men’s Soccer. Would think that would be more likely in B1G than SEC. USC, Jr & Kentucky are lone SEC Pro’grums w/ Men’s soccer(?).

Advertisement
I voted for the Big 10, but I have to say now seeing this if the sec were actually set up in this way I would probably change my opinion. This is awesome

Thank you. In my warped imagination, we would play our "division" annually and then two teams from the other divisions in a rotation.

I dont know about you guys, but I have zero interest in traveling to Champaign, Bloomington, Minneapolis, Happy Valley, Lincoln, Iowa City, etc.
You are interested in traveling to Fayetteville, Starkville, Lexington, Columbia (Missouri & South Carolina), College Station (again), etc. though?

This is all personal taste and somewhat what we each grew up with or favor "culturally" but I'd prefer to take my chances in the spots where they actually value the medical advances in dentistry and draw the line at intra-familial banging (even if Pedo State looks the other way at child diddling).

You are interested in traveling to Fayetteville, Starkville, Lexington, Columbia (Missouri & South Carolina), College Station (again), etc. though?

This is all personal taste and somewhat what we each grew up with or favor "culturally" but I'd prefer to take my chances in the spots where they actually value the medical advances in dentistry and draw the line at intra-familial banging (even if Pedo State looks the other way at child diddling).

Good points, but it would also be much easier to drive or fly into Atlanta for most of our away games.

Advertisement
Back