POLL- Conferences: Where Do You Want to Go?

What's your preferred destination?

• Total voters
Advertisement
Something to keep in mind is that ESPN has been steadily losing subscribers for a decade and has only been able to maintain subscription revenue growth by charging higher fees per subscription. So the sustainability of the TV revenue streams is questionable. Obviously streaming services are growing quite a bit to help make up for the decline of cable, but I think universities need to be more careful before deciding to chase short-term dollars and abandoning traditional rivals in the process.

Do USC fans really care about potential regular season games with Iowa and Indiana? Might be a tough sell in comparison to traditional rivals like Oregon, Cal, and Stanford.

I'd personally prefer it if the sport didn't coalesce into a couple of super conferences.

I'd rather see Miami in the SEC along with FSU. This way all 3 schools would play each other annually. Ticket sales and TV viewing would skyrocket as a real in-state champion is crowned each year with a trophy of course.

Also, the SEC is better for Miami in other sports. As a Canes baseball fan, I don't want Miami playing in that cold weak *** B1G baseball conference. Same for track & field, tennis, and golf.

I could see Miami, Clemson, FSU, and Louisville making that move to the SEC. It may take at least 10 years for that to happen.

The Grant of Rights is going to be VERY hard to ignore, unless we find a way to convince Tobacco Road to create a new Conference.

ND needs to join the ACC in football. They are getting crushed in tv revenue. They have a $15M annual contact with NBC thru 2025. They get an additional $7M from the ACC. Each ACC team is getting $29M annually. That's leaving $6M on the table where the ACC is far behind the B1G and SEC.

If the ACC could bring in ND as a full time member, perhaps a restructured deal with ESPN could take place. I could see it happening in 2025 when their NBC contract expires. That would also be 2 years after an SEC realignment and 1 year after a B1G alignment.

Advertisement
Wake and Duke needs to be treated like temple in the big east, basically dropped lower division. Bring in only football schools to replace those two.

ND needs to join the ACC in football. They are getting crushed in tv revenue. They have a $15M annual contact with NBC thru 2025. They get an additional $7M from the ACC. Each ACC team is getting $29M annually. That's leaving $6M on the table where the ACC is far behind the B1G and SEC.

If the ACC could bring in ND as a full time member, perhaps a restructured deal with ESPN could take place. I could see it happening in 2025 when their NBC contract expires. That would also be 2 years after an SEC realignment and 1 year after a B1G alignment.
Along with Stanford, Utah, and Arizona?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I count four marque football programs in the B1G with the addition of USC, and those are OSU, Mich, PSU, and USC. If we based marque on national titles in the past twenty years, only OSU would be marque. Thus, the B1G should push to be a 20-team conference and add UM, FSU, ND, and Clemson. Three of those four have won titles since 2000. I know to some Clemson probably makes more sense as an SEC school, but it has fit in the ACC, so it can fit in a bigger B1G.

-- or ---

Following Boarcane's reasoning, which really seems like where we are headed, the B1G could offer the four aforementioned schools and Pitt, Va Tech, UNC or UVA, and Oregon out of the PAC 12 to get to 24.

Advertisement
Back