Polite, Burns or Jackson

Who has the best NFL potential?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Literally the exact same thing this board said about Chad Thomas. (still pending)
Chad Thomas was like 2 picks away from
Being a bottom second round draft pick. I think Joe Jackson is much more talented and has had a better career than chad at Miami and it’s not even close. Joe Jackson has better physical tools than chad imo and is much more productive

I didn't watch a ton of UF games but that kid Polite jumped off the screen every time I did, kid was a disruptive playmaker

Advertisement
Literally the exact same thing this board said about Chad Thomas. (still pending)

Chad never produced like JJ did against the pass, even in Manny's system. JJ was more productive as a freshman than Chad was as an upperclassman.

I've also heard that music is a real distraction for Chad. By all accounts, Joe is all ball and works really hard.

Exactly what I've been saying about Jackson for 2 years, only they worded it a lot better than I ever could.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/20/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-joe-jackson/

I'm sure this will go right over the heads of the Simpson fans as well.
Been trying to tell you people, our DL hasn't added any new pass rush techniques in years.
If we don't (a) over-power OL or (b) simply run by them then we have no answers.
Something I've noticed too but haven't been able to articulate. Our DEs never seem to have the ability to put it all together; Allen Bailey was the last DE who I knew for sure would be solid in the NFL.

It's why I always mention Larry Johnson from OSU when I can because its apparent that he emphasizes different techniques as opposed to just a bull-rush or being quick off the snap. He and Greg Mattison are the best in that regard.

Jackson is raw as a pass rusher although he has good production as one. Jackson would be my first pick if I was drafting the more complete DE with upside. But with the NFL being so pass happy, Burns would be my selection. Pack 15lbs on Burns and he becomes a nasty 3-4 OLB.

Polite and Burns are being projected as 1st rounders. But I think Joe Jackson is better than both of them.
I agree. burns is a 240 lb pass rusher those guys don't usually do great in nfl. politie is solid but Jackson can beat u with many moves and is underated people question his burst but I think in nfl he will be better then at Miami due to them wanting him to play contain a lot but Jackson has a 10 yr career as a de who can stop run if nothing else if the other 2 cant get to passer they have nothing to offer

Advertisement
I agree. burns is a 240 lb pass rusher those guys don't usually do great in nfl. politie is solid but Jackson can beat u with many moves and is underated people question his burst but I think in nfl he will be better then at Miami due to them wanting him to play contain a lot but Jackson has a 10 yr career as a de who can stop run if nothing else if the other 2 cant get to passer they have nothing to offer

This is literally the opposite of who he is.

Joe Jackson was literally running 9 routes and blowing by div 1 cbs as a high school kid. Chad played DT at BTW.

I'm a HUGE Chad Thomas fan..but he didnt have the athleticism of Joe Jack at any time in his career. So not sure why he is being compared to Chad.

Joe Jackson when i saw him in August looked bigger physically than the Miami Dolphins de's. Barring injury or hiccups moving forward he is likely gone in the 2nd round.

Burns and Polite are boom or bust players. And im Bias considering ive known Burns since high school. He has to be a scheme fit for his draft team that is just gonna allow him to play to his strengths...he literally didnt gain more than 20 pds if that at FSU..yet still was a force.

Here's a quality unbiased assessment of Jackson:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/20/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-joe-jackson/

My projection for him is a high-motor rotational end who can stop the run and pick up cleanup production as he pushes the pocket and works to the ball. Similar in role to Carl Nassib who just had a great year after joining the Bucs. He needs to regain some of his initial burst and develop rush moves to be a disruptor. Regardless he will never have the combination of explosion and burst that Polite & Burns have. That skillset is more valuable as pass rushing is at a premium.

Ferrell is the guy who's overrated. He's a more polished version of Jackson but I don't see much difference in terms of physical ability. If anything Jackson showed more athleticism than him early on as a Cane. I'd much rather have Jackson on Day 2 than Ferrell in the top 10.

Also 99 is a much better prospect than Chad Thomas imo. Thomas never excelled at any aspect of the position. His best trait was versatility. 99 has a path to being an impact starter as he develops his long-arm and bullrush while either adding bulk or losing weight to regain quickness. He's just not a conventional bendy edge rusher.

I see no possible scenario its remotely possible Ferrell is a top 5 or even top 10 pick.
I'd bet on 3 QBs going top 5-10 and 4 going in the 1st round: Haskins, Lock, Jones, Murray.
Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen, Quinnen Williams, Rashan Gary, Jeffrey Simmons, Christian Wilkins, are better DLine prospects (yes I included DT/EDGE both).

That makes 10 Prospects right there. And thats Not even including guys like Devin White, DK Metcalf, Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, TJ Hockenson, Montez Sweat, Nasir Adderley, Deandre Baker, Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, etc, etc ALL of whom are likely to be drafted earlier than Ferrell imo.

Not saying Ferrell Wont be a 1st. I just don't think he's at all guaranteed to be a top 20 pick.

Dolphins are considering taking Ferrell.

Advertisement
Polite and Burns are being projected as 1st rounders. But I think Joe Jackson is better than both of them.

I love this type of stuff and analysis... Here is how I rank them

Pass Rushing
#1 Jachai Polite
#2 Joe Jackson
#3 Brian Burns

Rush Defense

#1 Brian Burns
#2 Joe Jackson
#3 Jachai Polite

Athletism

#1 Jachai Polite
#2 Joe Jackson
#3 Brian Burns

Overall: I feel Jachai Polite is the best player out of the three with Joe Jackson having a lower ceiling than Polite. Brian burns I see him as a career back up in the NFL.

Advertisement

Pass Rushing
#1 Jachai Polite
#2 Joe Jackson
#3 Brian Burns

Rush Defense

#1 Brian Burns
#2 Joe Jackson
#3 Jachai Polite

Athletism

#1 Jachai Polite
#2 Joe Jackson
#3 Brian Burns

Overall: I feel Jachai Polite is the best player out of the three with Joe Jackson having a lower ceiling than Polite. Brian burns I see him as a career back up in the NFL.

Burns is the best Pass rusher.
Joe is the best run defender.
Polite is the most athletic and a good pass rusher as well.

Joe has 2nd round athleticism, 2nd round run stopping, and 3rd round pass rushing ability, in the body of a first rounder that could fit into any defensive scheme. He's the most versatile, he could fit in a 4-3 or a smaller DE in a 3-4. He could probably also end up like Chikillo for all we know because he can move.

Dont know about Burns or Polite. But I could see Joe being drafted somewhere between Mid 2nd - Mid 3rd.

Burns is the best Pass rusher.
Joe is the best run defender.
Polite is the most athletic and a good pass rusher as well.

Joe has 2nd round athleticism, 2nd round run stopping, and 3rd round pass rushing ability, in the body of a first rounder that could fit into any defensive scheme. He's the most versatile, he could fit in a 4-3 or a smaller DE in a 3-4. He could probably also end up like Chikillo for all we know because he can move.

Dont know about Burns or Polite. But I could see Joe being drafted somewhere between Mid 2nd - Mid 3rd.

According to NFL next generation stats link below the average QB in the NFL has about 2.7 seconds to throw so I base my pass rushing ability to who can get to the QB faster from the three Polite, Burns, and Jackson. When watching all three of their films Polite stands out tremendously in the Pass Rushing department. Time it yourself bro you'll see that its Joe Jackson coming in at a close 2nd and burns third.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards (TT <--- Stands for Time to Throw)

I respect your observation and opinion but I just wanted to explain in a little more details why I said POLITE is the best Pass rusher out of the 3.

Polite

Joe Jackson

Burns

Pass Rushing
#1 Jachai Polite
#2 Joe Jackson
#3 Brian Burns

Rush Defense

#1 Brian Burns
#2 Joe Jackson
#3 Jachai Polite

Athletism

#1 Jachai Polite
#2 Joe Jackson
#3 Brian Burns

LMAO Homer talk. Burns is the best pass rusher out of the 3. The gap between burns and jackson is big if were focusing just on pass rushing.

LMAO Homer talk. Burns is the best pass rusher out of the 3. The gap between burns and jackson is big if were focusing just on pass rushing.
May be big on tools but the production don’t match up because Jackson is right there in the category regardless of his lack of moves

Advertisement
Back