Polite, Burns or Jackson

Who has the best NFL potential?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Olivier Vernon, Lamar Miller, Allen Hurns, Sam Shields, there are cases for both sides. Burns is one dimensional, Polite don't play the run as well as Joe. Joe is a complete DE.

You watched the film on these guys to know that they don't play the run as well as Jackson?

And Jackson is NOT a complete DE. His pass rush skills leave a lot to be desired. And THAT is what the NFL really cares about. It's a passing league.

You watched the film on these guys to know that they don't play the run as well as Jackson?

And Jackson is NOT a complete DE. His pass rush skills leave a lot to be desired. And THAT is what the NFL really cares about. It's a passing league.
Yes both burns and polite play the run way worse than Jackson and it isn’t close. They just both happen to have more pass rushing tools than Jackson

Joe is a Brandon Graham type DE. He can play 3-4 LB if needed, but he's a classic consistent pressuring 4-3.
Burns i think would thrive in a hybrid DE/OLB role like Aldon Smith his rookie year, and that's his $$$ position.

DON'T FOLLOW THE TRUDS SO NO INFO ON THE 3RD

Advertisement
You know DTs help DEs in acquiring sacks right. Nobody said they the only reason but it can’t be ignored.
They help but Jackson overpowers his blockers a lot or beats them one on one. He’s a different type of edge rusher, may not have elite bend but he gets the job done for sure and is more of a power edge rusher than a speed guy off the edge and that’s fine with a guy his size who is an all around de at 6’5 270

Advertisement
You act like you've reviewed all their film.
Stop it.
I watch Them play on saturdays too what you mean? Polite takes himself out of plays some times when he overextends his rush and he’s pretty small but a gifted edge rusher with an explosive step. He’s like 6’2 240 so not elite measurables. Point is both of them struggle more in the run game compared to joe Jackson but they have better pass rushing traits

Come on guys i cant lie Burns is a better prospect then Jackson. Jackson doesn't have Burns first step or fast twitch ability

Joe Jackson had a regression year (I believe he was hurt the entire season) and made a mistake coming out this year. He will not be drafted in the first round.

Advertisement
Completely different positions. JJ is a traditional 4-3 DE who can play the pass and rush well. Heck, depending on what his weight is, he can be either a 3-4 hybrid or 3-4 DE. He's very flexible.

Burns and Polite are pure pass rushing guys.

Exactly what I've been saying about Jackson for 2 years, only they worded it a lot better than I ever could.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/20/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-joe-jackson/

I'm sure this will go right over the heads of the Simpson fans as well.
Been trying to tell you people, our DL hasn't added any new pass rush techniques in years.
If we don't (a) over-power OL or (b) simply run by them then we have no answers.

Last edited:
Joe Jackson had a regression year (I believe he was hurt the entire season) and made a mistake coming out this year. He will not be drafted in the first round.
He had his most productive year this season in all categories, 14.5 tfls 9.0 sacks is nothing to scoff about as a regressed year considering he played all year with that arm brace

Advertisement
They help but Jackson overpowers his blockers a lot or beats them one on one. He’s a different type of edge rusher, may not have elite bend but he gets the job done for sure and is more of a power edge rusher than a speed guy off the edge and that’s fine with a guy his size who is an all around de at 6’5 270

That’s beating a lineman he literally did no move he just ran around a horrible blocker 😂😂😂

Jackson can play the run better than both.
He’s the more complete dend out of those 3 for sure but they have better pass rushing tools which is what the nfl looks for. But with that being said Jackson still gets the job done regardless in pass rushing production it’s not like he can’t do it, 24 sacks in 3 years says he has pass rush potential imo. Jackson problem is he really hasn’t developed many pass rushing moves since being at Miami other than his go to moves which could affect where he is picked. Another edge rusher similar to joe Jackson in this draft is clelin Ferrell from Clemson, he doesn’t have elite bend either but gets the job done for sure as a dend in both areas

He’s the more complete dend out of those 3 for sure but they have better pass rushing tools which is what the nfl looks for. But with that being said Jackson still gets the job done regardless in pass rushing production it’s not like he can’t do it, 24 sacks in 3 years says he has pass rush potential imo. Jackson problem is he really hasn’t developed many pass rushing moves since being at Miami other than his go to moves which could affect where he is picked. Another edge rusher similar to joe Jackson in this draft is clelin Ferrell from Clemson, he doesn’t have elite bend either but gets the job done for sure as a dend in both areas

Fvckin' NO, man!
Ferrell is on a completely different level! LOL

Advertisement
Back