Polite, Burns or Jackson

Who has the best NFL potential?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Jackson will have a longer career. Hes an every down DE and even when he loses a step he can eat his way into playing a 3 technique. SDE last longer but arent as flashy

Jackson is the most polished...but NFL doesn't go on polish...they go on potential...so in that regard...polite, burns and then jackson.
Thing is, Joe Jackson IS Burns ceiling....IMO. Add size and power and what do you get?

Only difference is Jackson plays the run excellent. Burns is a Hershey bar to Jackson’s Snickers.

Why Wait?

Advertisement
Thing is, Joe Jackson IS Burns ceiling....IMO. Add size and power and what do you get?

Only difference is Jackson plays the run excellent. Burns is a Hershey bar to Jackson’s Snickers.

Why Wait?
Take your canes shades off for a minute. Joe Jackson is not as polished as a pash rusher as burns. The knock on joe rn is his lack of pass rushing moves. T

Why Wait?
I tend to agree to a point, I think Burns is faster...jackson doesn't create the separation that the others do...and burns disappears for large portions of a game.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ people, take your Canes shades off. We do this every year with at least one of our players entering the draft. More times than not, said player ends up being exactly who the NFL scouts thought he was despite our orange-and-green shaded beliefs.

"Tracy Howard and Corn Elder are going to be lockdown Corners in the NFL!"
"Stacy Coley is going to be better than Calvin Ridley."
"Mark Walton is better than Sony Michel!"

Nobody has an agenda against our players. More often than not, they are who scouts think they are. (not who WE think they are) If we had guys with "first-round ability" then they would get drafted in the first round. (like David Njoku)

Have any of you actually watched Burns or Polite? (especially Polite)
He's way more explosive than Jackson. Jackson is stiff and lacks elite bend. To me he's Chad Thomas, give or take some ability.

Jesus Christ people, take your Canes shades off. We do this every year with at least one of our players entering the draft. More times than not, said player ends up being exactly who the NFL scouts thought he was despite our orange-and-green shaded beliefs.

Nobody has an agenda against our players. More often than not, they are who scouts think they are. (not who WE think they are) If we had guys with "first-round ability" then they would get drafted in the first round. (like David Njoku)

He's way more explosive than Jackson. Jackson is stiff and lacks elite bend. To me he's Chad Thomas, give or take some ability.
Olivier Vernon, Lamar Miller, Allen Hurns, Sam Shields, there are cases for both sides. Burns is one dimensional, Polite don't play the run as well as Joe. Joe is a complete DE.

He may not be an elite edge rusher in terms of traits but he for sure gets the job done. 24 sacks in 3 years is significant regardless

Yeah I feel ya. But he rarely had that 'whooped his man' sack. A lot of coverage.

/Rumph da gaw?

Spitting truths

Advertisement
Take your canes shades off for a minute. Joe Jackson is not as polished as a pash rusher as burns. The knock on joe rn is his lack of pass rushing moves. T
I here you but we have to look at it this - what boxes are check?

- Stats are virtually identical over the same time and essentially the same competition. Include an INT and two TDs. So, he is equally productive if not more than Burns. Look back and tell me how many sacks Burns has by either speed or being wide open. That’s not pash rush ability that’s speed. I’ve seen JJ spin, bull rush, swim, speed rush and stunt delay. Cmon now.

- Burns disappears vs the run and JJ regularly was active in the back field or chasing down.

- Size? We know.

- Pedigree? Burns played at AH and for a decent DL coach and JJ played on a top 5 defense twice and got coach by the best DL coach in football and a coach with NFL experience.

They are both great players and would actually be a great complement to each other on the same line. But I think the only difference here is size and playing the run which both go to Joe.

Imagine how many more sacks Joe would have if 2017 holding fiasco never happened too.

Jack easily IMO has the best attributes fo be an every down player in the league. Burns is a boom or bust guy due to his size and Polite has more size but cant stop the run as well as JJ plus the value will be way better for Joe

Advertisement
Jackson is the most complete DE at 6-5 265 already NFL size you feel me, check this out the man was a great run defender this year plus had 9 sacks with 1 arm this season

polite had the season this year i thought garvin would have. i like him a lot.

one thing i'll say about JJ is i thought he played hurt last year. that one arm never seemed right to me. but i question whether he will be a playmaker in the NFL.

Polite is the one IMO that can explode this season and long term and has rhe most upside. Burns will either be a beast as a rusher or Barkevious Mingo

He may not be an elite edge rusher in terms of traits but he for sure gets the job done. 24 sacks in 3 years is significant regardless

Yeah because of beastly DT play. I think he should’ve come back. They said 2nd rd tho so we will see.

Advertisement
Back