PODCAST: Post-game UF takeaways ft. D$ and LuCane

View as article
What’s BS about it? It’s not like we ran the Fumbleroosky and tricked them. Also, Cam and Deejay missed some big time lanes throughout the night. Our run game will be fine.

People don’t realize missed opportunities like the draw to Cam when we were backed up. He should have split that for 30-50. It’s a new offense - first game - With three freshmen close to the ball - we gave up 10 sacks - had a huge run called back - and we still out rushed the Gaytors. Our run game will be good.
Yeah that failure on the draw play cooled the hype I had for Cam Harris. I thought he looked every inch the NFL back before that play - massive red flag for me as a scout there.

Advertisement
Yeah that failure on the draw play cooled the hype I had for Cam Harris. I thought he looked every inch the NFL back before that play - massive red flag for me as a scout there.

Yeah, I’m still ****ed about that run. I’m like a fan on crack - watching this game over and over. So many missed opportunities.

Who blocked those wildcat plays? Our DL?
That's not the point.... Our running game is not going to be based on the wildcat. I thought they should have kept running the wild cat until it was stopped but teams are going to be better prepared for that. The point is the o-line was bad at run blocking as well.

Fixing the offensive line right now.

Bench Campbell.

Simple change: Start Herbert at RT.
Why: Herbert had the job for majority of the off-season and seemingly lost the job in 1 scrimmage.

Drastic Change: LT Scaife, RG Reed, RT Herbert.
Why: IMO last year Scaife and Donaldson on the same side was a great combo last year. Not only that but Reed and Herbert during the scrimmage and Spring game were dominate. I know the reed-herbert argument isn't that greatest but those two played well together. I didn't like how Campbell looked in spring and everything I saw showed.
So the simple fix is to put in the guy who got beat out

That's not the point.... Our running game is not going to be based on the wildcat. I thought they should have kept running the wild cat until it was stopped but teams are going to be better prepared for that. The point is the o-line was bad at run blocking as well.
The wildcat is a run play. So to say we were bad at run blocking is just looking for reasons to be negative. I think we’ll be very good running the ball this year.

We did a good job overall running the ball against uf, but they shut it down sometimes too. That’s going to happen when you play good defenses. It’s pretty rare that anyone consistently destroys a defense like uf running the ball.

You have to run enough to win and we did that. We couldn’t execute at all in the throw game.

Advertisement
The wildcat is a run play. So to say we were bad at run blocking is just looking for reasons to be negative. I think we’ll be very good running the ball this year.

We did a good job overall running the ball against uf, but they shut it down sometimes too. That’s going to happen when you play good defenses. It’s pretty rare that anyone consistently destroys a defense like uf running the ball.

You have to run enough to win and we did that. We couldn’t execute at all in the throw game.

Personally, with that OLine we have, at this stage I think Enos has to set up running by passing on early downs. Wear teams down by moving the chains consistently, controlling down and distance, using much more tempo. I see plenty of other teams do it across the country

Personally, with that OLine we have, at this stage I think Enos has to set up running by passing on early downs. Wear teams down by moving the chains consistently, controlling down and distance, using much more tempo. I see plenty of other teams do it across the country
I think we have some good run blocking linemen. I know I’m in the minority there.

We definitely need to up the tempo a lot. We were painfully slow. And part of the reason uf teed off on us was because the play clock would run down to one and they’d know the snap was coming. Our pace was desultory.

I think we have some good run blocking linemen. I know I’m in the minority there.

We definitely need to up the tempo a lot. We were painfully slow. And part of the reason uf teed off on us was because the play clock would run down to one and they’d know the snap was coming. Our pace was desultory.

I actually agree with you on that, especially on the interior of the Oline as our boy Brock pointed out a couple of weeks ago. But at times, you will be stonewalled early in games as defenses are fresh

To me, Enos has to consistently find ways to stay ahead of the chains, till Jarren fully matures. Whether thats running up the middle or getting bubble screens out to Jeff Thomas, just get us to 2nd and 6(or better) consistently and we'll have a punchers chance.

But for the time being, I think road games will be tough on our Oline till they form some real cohesion. BTW, I loved what Diaz said about your young tackles, - he isn't just building for one game on August 24th, but for the long term. Im totally with that

I actually agree with you on that, especially on the interior of the Oline as our boy Brock pointed out a couple of weeks ago. But at times, you will be stonewalled early in games as defenses are fresh

To me, Enos has to consistently find ways to stay ahead of the chains, till Jarren fully matures. Whether thats running up the middle or getting bubble screens out to Jeff Thomas, just get us to 2nd and 6(or better) consistently and we'll have a punchers chance.

But for the time being, I think road games will be tough on our Oline till they form some real cohesion. BTW, I loved what Diaz said about your young tackles, - he isn't just building for one game on August 24th, but for the long term. Im totally with that
It sounds stupid and basic, but the biggest thing we needed to get fixed after game one was out get off. Our Tackles were a full beat slow on the snap. They never stood a chance on several snaps because of that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back