PODCAST: Post-game UF takeaways ft. D$ and LuCane

Advertisement
That is the benefit of playing in such a weak conference, even if you aren't great you can still rack up a ton of wins. Whisky has done it for years.

I do think the ceiling of this team is high , but the growing pains will cost us games like it did Saturday.

Qb and tackles should look completely different by November. That’s the positive to take from this team , there’s not a lot but there is that.

@OriginalGatorHater so, because @DMoney and @LuCane say they’re a 4-5 loss team they’re a 4-5 loss team? They’ve never been wrong, right? See how stupid that is?

Let cribby’s punkass go back to jerking off in the closet onto his wife’s shoes, don’t follow that ****. (Also, notice the slide from not top-20 to “…one of the most overrated”)?

Looking at UFs schedule no chance they drop 4-5 games. I can't see them losing more than 3 this season. Really though, if UF is so schitty they are going to lose 4-5 games. How schitty are we? lmao.

Advertisement
@OriginalGatorHater so, because @DMoney and @LuCane say they’re a 4-5 loss team they’re a 4-5 loss team? They’ve never been wrong, right? See how stupid that is?

Let cribby’s punkass go back to jerking off in the closet onto his wife’s shoes, don’t follow that ****. (Also, notice the slide from not top-20 to “…one of the most overrated”)?
I said back in the spring that uf was looking at a 8-4 season this year. And you acting like its far fetched when they were 9-3 last year and could have easily lost a few more games.

Like you said, those runs count and were blocked beautifully. We also had a long Cam run called back.

Yep. Can’t play the what if game - all rushes count; doesn’t matter, including penalties.

On another note, the DJ long runs were the same play - unbalanced line (JC-Zion-Vaughn-gaynor-scaife-Mallory and scaife pulled to the left). Great execution.

Good podcast, guys

Advertisement
They drop four minimum , watch . They lost three last with a better team , that still on obliterated by Missouri lol.

It’s possible, of course (think Auburn last year), but that’s because they actually play in an actual conference; they could also improve their win total by a game or 2 as well.

My ultimate point is: invalidating UF also invalidates Miami.
They got uga, auburn, at lsu, at mizzou, at usce. They needed a pick 6 to beat lsu last year and usce was whooping their *** until they fell apart. And they have struggled vs mizzou for years now.

I never thought uf was that good even watching them last year. There season was similar to the year miami had in 2017.

Exactly! These are the same people who believe the SEC is overrated. SMFH.

Even last year Miami “held it’s own” in the Coastal with zero offense, but now it’s supposed to play at that level again? These clowns don’t think. Nothing about the players, offense or Diaz - or the game on Saturday, for that matter - suggests that Miami will play at that level this year but folks are saying this is a 9 win team? Richt could have won 9 games last year and should have won 11, and that’s with his same offense.

100% agreed. SEC is head and shoulders above the Coastal. Nothing overrated about it.

Honestly, IF Miami somehow doesn't run through the ACC that means there is real cause for concern. We have so much more talent than any other team in the coastal and it is not even close.

UGA - common sense says this is a loss for UF though I’ll be rooting against the bulldogs.
Auburn - 50/50 game; luckily at home and Auburn QB doesn’t inspire confidence (not saying Franks does)
LSU - 50/50 game;
Locker > Bryant
USCe <<<<< UF; not even close

I
Lock is a better passer but bryant has experince and is capable. And as you seen in the acccg a couple years ago bryant can operate that quick passing game in addition to being a threat in the run game.

Advertisement
@DMoney @LuCane do your opinions change about the OL and shifting Scaife to OT based on our upcoming schedule? UNC, BCU, and CMU should be a cake walk for both freshmen and even if they struggle we should be able to work through it because we’ll score enough on all of them and they shouldn’t score much. They Can put lots of film out there to evaluate and build on. *IF* they still struggle with that competition level maybe we move Scaife out to OT before our big ACC run having another bye week to make that adjustment before VT.

I would hope that game planning for UNC will include some provisions for help to the OL should UNC defense prove to be more challenging than we think. Let's face it; other guys who were supposed to help out in various plays missed their tackles, too. It wasn't all on Campbell and Nelson. That kind of stuff has to get cleaned up too , whether it's a WR or a TE or a RB that is the extra help.

to me, the most important thing going in to UNC is that the OL feels the team supports them and that they believe in themselves. Jarren also has to trust that they will give him a little more protection. Despite what he said at the press conference, I can't help but believe Jarren didn't have much trust left by the 4th quarter that the line was going to protect him.

Advertisement
Like you said, those runs count and were blocked beautifully. We also had a long Cam run called back.

Yep. Gives us hope we can establish a consistent running game over the course of the season.

Especially with Lingard returning at some point.

Advertisement
Back