PODCAST: Post-game UF takeaways ft. D$ and LuCane

View as article
Advertisement
Fixing the offensive line right now.

Bench Campbell.

Simple change: Start Herbert at RT.
Why: Herbert had the job for majority of the off-season and seemingly lost the job in 1 scrimmage.

Drastic Change: LT Scaife, RG Reed, RT Herbert.
Why: IMO last year Scaife and Donaldson on the same side was a great combo last year. Not only that but Reed and Herbert during the scrimmage and Spring game were dominate. I know the reed-herbert argument isn't that greatest but those two played well together. I didn't like how Campbell looked in spring and everything I saw showed.

Fixing the offensive line right now.

Bench Campbell.

Simple change: Start Herbert at RT.
Why: Herbert had the job for majority of the off-season and seemingly lost the job in 1 scrimmage.

Drastic Change: LT Scaife, RG Reed, RT Herbert.
Why: IMO last year Scaife and Donaldson on the same side was a great combo last year. Not only that but Reed and Herbert during the scrimmage and Spring game were dominate. I know the reed-herbert argument isn't that greatest but those two played well together. I didn't like how Campbell looked in spring and everything I saw showed.
Got to try something different. I want to see what reed can do

I kept hammering this point on the pod but never actually provided the stat. When you eliminate the QBs, here are the rushing yards for the two teams:

Miami: 22 carries, 131 yards (6 ypc)
UF: 20 carries, 44 yards (2.2 ypc)

I kept hammering this point on the pod but never actually provided the stat. When you eliminate the QBs, here are the rushing yards for the two teams:

Take out 50 and 24 yard runs from DJ as wildcat QB and he ran 10 for 21 yards. The runs count, of course, but skew the average. Miami didn’t exactly ‘pound the rock’.

Advertisement
Take out a 50 yard and a 24 yard run from DJ as wildcat QB and he ran 10 for 21 yards. The runs count, of course, but skew the average. Miami didn’t exactly ‘pound the rock’.
You don’t have to pound the rock if you are blocking to produce long runs. Those count too, all that means is that they executed those specific plays better which allowed for longer runs.

You don’t have to pound the rock if you are blocking to produce long runs. Those count too, all that means is that they executed those specific plays better which allowed for longer runs.

Agree.

My point is the quoted stats are skewed by those two runs. Which also means the blocking was average or ineffective at best the other plays.

Rewatching now and I’m noticing the refs are really chummy with Taco Hotdog. It’s one thing when a player talks up the ref but they are all coming to him. Not a homer comment. Just watch during breaks/TOs how they gargle his balls, figuratively of course.

I forget who told me last time to pronounce Jaquan Johnson correctly and I still pronounced it "Jay-quan." My goal for the season is to get it right on the third attempt. It starts with me. I'm continuously improving, too.

Advertisement

Yep I noted that in a different thread. We could all see it I was little frustrated we didn’t run more

I forget who told me last time to pronounce Jaquan Johnson correctly and I still pronounced it "Jay-quan." My goal for the season is to get it right on the third attempt. It starts with me. I'm continuously improving, too.

That was me lol 😂. I haven’t listened to the podcast yet I’m about to start it now though....let’s hear it.

Take out 50 and 24 yard runs from DJ as wildcat QB and he ran 10 for 21 yards. The runs count, of course, but skew the average. Miami didn’t exactly ‘pound the rock’.

See my thread about the RBs and vision. Guys just missed a few obvious lanes. If they hit those we definitely would be talking a different game in regards to rushing the ball.

Advertisement
Thought we should’ve ran it more, to take pressure off of JDub and to settle down the OL. Nothing gets them into a groove better than smashing the defense and opening up rushing lanes.

See my thread about the RBs and vision. Guys just missed a few obvious lanes. If they hit those we definitely would be talking a different game in regards to rushing the ball.

I did read your comments, and I agree. The OL has to better at run blocking, don’t they? More time developing against real opponents will only improve the unit. The potential is there.

I’m still waiting for Donaldson to develop into a monster, elite OG. Too bad much of last year was wasted in a misguided experiment at RT.

Manolo already said in his post game presser he's keeping the OL as is, for them to develop chemistry and enhance their performance as a group.

Advertisement
So we lost to an overrated team that's not worthy of Top 20 yet some posters have us running the table to the conference title game. I think I'm figuring this out

We won't play any top 20 team this season. Virginia may get some BS ranking of 18 or something after beating up on some schit coastal teams.

We won't play any top 20 team this season. Virginia may get some BS ranking of 18 or something after beating up on some schit coastal teams.

As D money and Lu said they’re a 4-5 loss team , gagmanatron seems to be the only idiot that believes different.

They’re one of the most overrated teams in the country.

Advertisement
Back