PODCAST: Camp Buzz from NFL Scouts and Steve "K9" Kim

I disagree... DJax is built for the 4-3. He doesn’t have the size to be a 3-4 DE in the NFL. I wouldnt want him to waste his talent as a 3-4 DE

That's fair, but I don't see any waste there. He's about 6'3 260 now and it seems his focus has been on trying to lose weight this offseason because he puts it on pretty easily. NFL scout that DMoney cited mentioned that he sees DJax's NFL prospects as a 3-technique.

Given that his strengths are not as a speed rusher, but rather in runstopping, penetrating while maintaining some gap integrity, and disrupting passing lanes, I could easily see him fitting in well as a 3-4 DE at about 6'3 280. I think he'll be great as a SSDE for us this year, though.

Advertisement
Boulware is not strong either. From what i can tell he's a guy with similar skillset to Mahoney

I thin k you're right but I'm glad there's someone pushing Mahoney and Jones. Sounds like Boulware is going to play, perhaps even ahead of Scaife if Scaife is now a tackle.

Redwine!!! If this kid delivers on your scout's opinion, then our defense is going to be crazy scary.

... 1st-round talent at many positions, NFL talent at most positions. 3 scouts saying we are by far the most talented team in Florida. Very nice.

D$, are you on the Choc train, too? How important will he be to our run game?

Advertisement
Redwine!!! If this kid delivers on your scout's opinion, then our defense is going to be crazy scary.

... 1st-round talent at many positions, NFL talent at most positions. 3 scouts saying we are by far the most talented team in Florida. Very nice.

Our fanbase are the only ones who think that Redwine is trash based off one season of him playing Safety for the first time in his life. Everyone else knows the untapped potential this guy has with his natural ability.

Yo DMoney! Where is the Queen of Soul tribute tune! lol. Could have thrown in a "Whos Zoomin' Who?" or "Freeway of Love" in there if you wanted to keep it upbeat. Great podcast!

Caneswear doesn't F around btw. Ordered some stuff online and got it within 3 business days (free shipping)

I ordered fri night and got mine today , not bad

Advertisement
I always love K9's passions and insights. Next time however, if he could not be offering those passions and insights from a submarine, that'd be great.

I always love K9's passions and insights. Next time however, if he could not be offering those passions and insights from a submarine, that'd be great.

Uhhh, being Asian would that make it a.....

Yellow Submarine?

Hey, Im here all week, try the veal!!

Interesting that the scouts think DJax would be best inside. I love the idea of him playing inside for this team.

It allows you to bolster the dt depth, have Joe Jax and Garvin on the field at the same time, and opens more snaps for guys like Rousseau and Joyner.

Advertisement
Interesting that the scouts think DJax would be best inside. I love the idea of him playing inside for this team.

It allows you to bolster the dt depth, have Joe Jax and Garvin on the field at the same time, and opens more snaps for guys like Rousseau and Joyner.

Before the injury he played inside a lot on passing downs. We'll probably see more of the same this season.

HArd to understand what K9 was saying when he mentioned Urban Saban toward the end @DMoney ......

maxresdefault.jpg

Advertisement
Real shocked about the Sheldrick Redwine **** @DMoney

Why? Kid was down hill and learning a new position last year, we’ve heard all summer how his measurements were through the roof. Felllas we got great talent on this team! Don’t sleep on your own team, worried about who didn’t come here. We will challenge everybody in the country because we are full of #stateofMiami players and they play at a level like no one else, no one. Alabamasbest players have always been from south Florida, Georgias best offensive players were south Florida, they have a few we are LOADED with them and now have a coach that’s going to keep them

Nice to hear about redwine... hopefully he can put it all together and continue Miami's great lineage of S play only bested by one other school in my opinion. Great overall info about the team and what unbiased scouts think about the talent level.

AU, isnt my voice always like that regardless?

But seriously, the shame is we talked for over 50 minutes and one part that was cut out was how Zev Lumelski(yeah, that one) actually sent me a Facebook friend request over the weekend. It was surreal. And DMoney brought up how we used to kill him on message boards and I said,"AUcane had one of the all-time great posts in message board history when he said - ''he could yell 'look out!!; in seven different languages."

IIRC that was during one my breakdowns of the Erickson recruiting classes on 'that other site' way back when

And yes, I did accept Zev's request, for the record

Now I just need J Ina or Alan Symonette to reach out to me and my life is complete

Don't forget Ricky Perry. #73 in your hearts.

Ricky Perry

Advertisement
Back