PLEASE READ- New Moderating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Who are these fans you speak of that hate the players. If pointing out the incompetent staff we have, that isn't hate, like you state its just FACT.
Read threads about SM or Chick or DP after they said they are coming back. SMH

well lets hop he grows a few inches by next season when he will be covering receivers on deep routs. in DP thread

I think he's one of the weakest links on the D_line.. Out of position more than 50% of plays coming his way..Molasses slow..Keep dreaming about and NFL career because thats about as close as your going to get...Can't believe anyone who can't even make 3rd team all conference would have the balls to ask NFL to evaluate him...Low evaluation is the reason your coming back..Wish you leave early to make room for more talented players to get playing time..Really guys..He wouldn't even make FSU"s rotation squad.. in chick's

Didn't take long to find. :/
Morris to many to bother looking.
You really are soft shouldered if you think that is hate. The DP comment was tongue in cheek, the Chick comments were an assessment. Didn't see any hate in either thread. I'd state Chicks issues differently. He isn't used properly and that is a scheme/staff issue.

Miami82,
Your last comment here is an example, albeit a pretty innocuous one, of making unnecessary, derogatory remarks about another poster. Your first sentence could have been "That's not hate." You could have made exactly the same points (tongue in cheek, assessment, etc.) without demeaning anyone. One problem is that negative exchanges seem to escalate. A says B is "soft-shouldered," B responds that A is "clueless," A says B is "stupid," B says A is a "f******g moron", etc.

Yeah, my bad. I thought I was on a FOOTBALL board with men posters, not a bunch of chicks getting their feelings hurt, drumming up some sentiment of hate that doesn't exist. Yeah, my bad.

If so, why you turned off your reps?

About a month ago, we decided to take a more pro-active approach to banning posters and deleting posts. Then the Louisville game happened. It’s clear we need a more sustainable and uniform system so I don't have to make posts like this every other month. We gave everybody some time to vent, but now it’s time for some simple changes that we hope will improve the board.

Before I get into it, there are two things we don't want to do. First, we don't want to neuter the board. This is a football site. It should be fun and a little crude. That's what people like about CanesInSight. Second, we don't want to take sides in the Golden/Anti-Golden debate. That has killed other boards in the past. And, quite frankly, history has proven the coach-bashers right.

But there are three areas we want to address. Violating these simple rules is an infraction. Three infractions in ten days results in a three-day posting ban.

• Number one, no racism
  • Number two, no intentionally posting false info. We'll call this the whoopingcane rule.
  • Number three, and this is the most significant: no personal insults. I know this is an argument board, so there will be smart-*** comments. That's normal. But when you get in an insult battle with a poster, the thread stops being about football. You can say that a post is idiotic. But don't say "You're a ****ing idiot." You can call out a poster for being wrong. But don't say, "You're dancing around like a Kansas City "***g0t."

We don't want to spend time giving infractions. This board is for entertainment, not for us to play hall monitors. The hope is that once these rules become clear, they will become a deterrent and the board will improve. If you want to vent in a more lax environment, I'd recommend www.WestEndZone.com.

If you have any questions or disagreements, shoot me a PM. Go Canes.

understand

Bunch of Commies in here trying to shut up anyone who disagrees with them.

Thanks, D$.

Wait, where did that snitch post go?
i wanted to start my day with a chuckle

Advertisement
John Spartan you have one infraction for calling somebody a mean and hateful word . :ibisroflmao:

Perhaps you mean it's only a matter of time until this board suffers the same fate as grassy due to the continued negativity, classless trolls & redundant postings rather than REAL discussion about anything football.

Only a matter of time before this board suffers the same fate as Grassy with all this moderation

Perhaps you mean it's only a matter of time until this board suffers the same fate as grassy due to the continued negativity, classless trolls & redundant postings rather than REAL discussion about anything football.

Only a matter of time before this board suffers the same fate as Grassy with all this moderation

If you're not slobbering all over Golden's nut sack, then you're not being positive and you're a classless troll. :hh9BEeLFGEOeZUWG.jp

Advertisement
About a month ago, we decided to take a more pro-active approach to banning posters and deleting posts. Then the Louisville game happened. It’s clear we need a more sustainable and uniform system so I don't have to make posts like this every other month. We gave everybody some time to vent, but now it’s time for some simple changes that we hope will improve the board.

Before I get into it, there are two things we don't want to do. First, we don't want to neuter the board. This is a football site. It should be fun and a little crude. That's what people like about CanesInSight. Second, we don't want to take sides in the Golden/Anti-Golden debate. That has killed other boards in the past. And, quite frankly, history has proven the coach-bashers right.

But there are three areas we want to address. Violating these simple rules is an infraction. Three infractions in ten days results in a three-day posting ban.

• Number one, no racism
  • Number two, no intentionally posting false info. We'll call this the whoopingcane rule.
  • Number three, and this is the most significant: no personal insults. I know this is an argument board, so there will be smart-*** comments. That's normal. But when you get in an insult battle with a poster, the thread stops being about football. You can say that a post is idiotic. But don't say "You're a ****ing idiot." You can call out a poster for being wrong. But don't say, "You're dancing around like a Kansas City "***g0t."

We don't want to spend time giving infractions. This board is for entertainment, not for us to play hall monitors. The hope is that once these rules become clear, they will become a deterrent and the board will improve. If you want to vent in a more lax environment, I'd recommend www.WestEndZone.com.

If you have any questions or disagreements, shoot me a PM. Go Canes.

I guess this is as good a time as any to say hello . . . Hello! I couldn't agree more with the NMS.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hey, don't know if this site actually has real moderators, though suspect I know the answer. Don't know who runs or owns the site. But to permit this kind of vulgar, mindless, personal attack is reprehensible and wrong. Maybe in the short term it drives traffic, but ultimately it will be a factor in the demise of the site.

Yesterday, 12:56 PM #1
Sophomore
Sonny Long's Avatar Join Date
Nov 2014

Up Voted! 11 Down Voted!
This Episode of Fly The F-ing Banner!

Hey, don't know if this site actually has real moderators, though suspect I know the answer. Don't know who runs or owns the site. But to permit this kind of vulgar, mindless, personal attack is reprehensible and wrong. Maybe in the short term it drives traffic, but ultimately it will be a factor in the demise of the site.

Sophomore
Nov 2014

Up Voted! 11 Down Voted!

Would it be possible for you to whine just a little bit more?

If that doesn't work, drop to the floor kicking and screaming. That usually gets attention.

Just give it a try.

I'm only trying to help, here.

Hey, thanks for the advice. Now takin your flaming lunatic pal and get some mental health counseling. Wishing you both the best.

Sophomore
Nov 2014

Up Voted! 11 Down Voted!

Would it be possible for you to whine just a little bit more?

If that doesn't work, drop to the floor kicking and screaming. That usually gets attention.

Just give it a try.

I'm only trying to help, here.

Sophomore
Nov 2014

Up Voted! 11 Down Voted!

Crying like a Beeeyatch! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back