PLEASE READ- New Moderating System

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
About a month ago, we decided to take a more pro-active approach to banning posters and deleting posts. Then the Louisville game happened. It’s clear we need a more sustainable and uniform system so I don't have to make posts like this every other month. We gave everybody some time to vent, but now it’s time for some simple changes that we hope will improve the board.

Before I get into it, there are two things we don't want to do. First, we don't want to neuter the board. This is a football site. It should be fun and a little crude. That's what people like about CanesInSight. Second, we don't want to take sides in the Golden/Anti-Golden debate. That has killed other boards in the past. And, quite frankly, history has proven the coach-bashers right.

But there are three areas we want to address. Violating these simple rules is an infraction. Three infractions in ten days results in a three-day posting ban.

• Number one, no racism
  • Number two, no intentionally posting false info. We'll call this the whoopingcane rule.
  • Number three, and this is the most significant: no personal insults. I know this is an argument board, so there will be smart-*** comments. That's normal. But when you get in an insult battle with a poster, the thread stops being about football. You can say that a post is idiotic. But don't say "You're a ******* idiot." You can call out a poster for being wrong. But don't say, "You're dancing around like a Kansas City "***g0t."

We don't want to spend time giving infractions. This board is for entertainment, not for us to play hall monitors. The hope is that once these rules become clear, they will become a deterrent and the board will improve. If you want to vent in a more lax environment, I'd recommend www.WestEndZone.com.

If you have any questions or disagreements, shoot me a PM. Go Canes.

Edit: If you post personal info I will ban you. - Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
About a month ago, we decided to take a more pro-active approach to banning posters and deleting posts. Then the Louisville game happened. It’s clear we need a more sustainable and uniform system so I don't have to make posts like this every other month. We gave everybody some time to vent, but now it’s time for some simple changes that we hope will improve the board.

Before I get into it, there are two things we don't want to do. First, we don't want to neuter the board. This is a football site. It should be fun and a little crude. That's what people like about CanesInSight. Second, we don't want to take sides in the Golden/Anti-Golden debate. That has killed other boards in the past. And, quite frankly, history has proven the coach-bashers right.

But there are three areas we want to address. Violating these simple rules is an infraction. Three infractions in ten days results in a three-day posting ban.

• Number one, no racism
  • Number two, no intentionally posting false info. We'll call this the whoopingcane rule.
  • Number three, and this is the most significant: no personal insults. I know this is an argument board, so there will be smart-*** comments. That's normal. But when you get in an insult battle with a poster, the thread stops being about football. You can say that a post is idiotic. But don't say "You're a ******* idiot." You can call out a poster for being wrong. But don't say, "You're dancing around like a Kansas City "***g0t."

We don't want to spend time giving infractions. This board is for entertainment, not for us to play hall monitors. The hope is that once these rules become clear, they will become a deterrent and the board will improve. If you want to vent in a more lax environment, I'd recommend www.WestEndZone.com.

PM whoop for more details

D$, I understand the need for a few rules, but in your number three, what if the guy really is a ****ing idiot?

Do we sacrifice accuracy for 'because?'

• Number one, no racism

PM whoop for more details

negged

Does calling people mopes count as an insult? What if I only insult stupid people?

Advertisement
sorry.....Sanfran was very upset with me regarding the **** DOG....

Last edited:
Advertisement
I propose we create an acceptable insult. We will know what it means but to the outside world it will just be some jibberish. I therefore formally propose that when anyone gets the urge to call someone a prohibited slur he or she simply type: "IASH" which stands for insert approprate slur here.

The board should be neutered imo, but this is a step in the right direction.

Advertisement
Are coaches fair game with the insults and name-calling? Just testing the waters.

Great post DMoney....this will eliminate a lot of fake users who like to bash our program but claim to be Canes fans...Love the Program...Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
Why are negged GIFs edited/deleted? What rule are they breaking?

How does one know of how many infractions he has? Will texcane have a big board up?

LOL, Like you said well BYE, I will be signing out lol. Not going to go there with you! Some of you are doing more harm than good. I am a hurricane fan still, but this board is depressing, no personal attacks. Peace!

One Moderator's Opinion:

I always like to make the analogy between a message board and being in a sport bar watching a game. When you're in sports bar and everyone there is watching the same game, you dont necessarily talk to everyone in the bar. If you're walking to the restroom and you hear two guys at a table spewing totally ignorant ****, you wouldnt stop and call them idiots and spend time on your phone looking up web links to prove their idiocy. You'd simpy walk by quietly and go about your bidnizz.

The same applies on a message board. We here encourage everyone to post and chat with folks who they feel add to their own discussions. The folks who run this site have gone to great lengths to make ALL Canes fans feel welcome without regard to your personal, financial, educational or intellectual position in life. If you find certain posters bring no value to your discussions, please use the "ignore loser" feature. It can be your best friend, as well as help us all maintain a higher quality board culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back