PLEASE READ- New Moderating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are negged GIFs edited/deleted? What rule are they breaking?

It's noice, nothing more. If you want to neg, then neg, but dont tell the world about it. THe colored stars next to the poster will tell everyone the board's market value of a poster. Posting negged stuff creates a mob mentality that is counter productive to the discussion and board culture.

yeah, but the make me laugh...

Need more positive leaders on the board. You'll guySm are better than that.

This was probably said in jest, but I actually think its dead on. This board does need more "adult supervision". Its not about being overly rigid with moderation, its about not letting situations spiral out of control to begin with. This place can be like any mob or herd mentality. If allowed to spiral out of control, it can become a full fledged riot that will do nothing positive for anyone. I think the mods need to be more proactive in having people "tone it down a bit" from time to time, to keep things from getting out of control. It would also help if some of the "mods" werent leading the charge in much of the hysteria, because that just makes it that much worse. Many of the sheep will just take their cues from them, and then everyone tries to outdo themselves to see who can be more extreme and outrageous in their "outrage".

Pretty sure this can be misconstrued as a personal attack. Strike ONE!

On a side note, are you allowed to have some semblance of a sense of humor here? Like if someone is joking around, do they get banded? Or is it all serious, all the time?

Advertisement
No one wants a PC football board. The personal attacks need to stop, but the staff and admin should be open game.

No one wants a PC football board. The personal attacks need to stop, but the staff and admin should be open game.

Agree with this.

Just wish we could keep threads more on topic. Every thread, no matter the topic, devolves into a **** storm of pro-Golden vs anti-Golden.

Thank you

I dont think ANY insults should be allowed on the recruiting board period. Its one thing to have it on the regular FB board. But this board should be more sensitive considering the subject matter, and who it can attract. Fair criticism, i.e. "Golden really blew this, Coley dropped the ball, etc" should be ok, but there should be higher standards in here. Screaming "Golden is a fat slimy lying snake scumbag pig" in every thread, should not be acceptable in here, anymore than directing personal insults to other posters and especially recruits. Maybe at least til NSD we can tone it down. You can have a "restricted period" beginning say in November or Dec. when recruiting really starts to heat up, and say no more personal insults will be allowed on the recruiting board until after NSD.

My big beef is that people in here are melting down over our recruiting class taking hits, but they dont realize that their reaction is likely only going to make it worse if recruits are reading these boards.

Advertisement
Back to The WEZ I go.

Fvck this place - as pussified as this country and the UM football program.

Agree with this.

Just wish we could keep threads more on topic. Every thread, no matter the topic, devolves into a **** storm of pro-Golden vs anti-Golden.

Maybe guys who don't have tunnel vision should be banned too. Stay on target, Gold Five.

Advertisement
Not another thread on this subject.

MODS!

D$ and Mods:

I am all in on your comments to improve the site. As other posters have noted, a few additional enhancements are suggested:

No recruit or player bashing. It is simply unacceptable. There shouldnt even be a warning, it should be an immediate ban.

When someone does get banned, I recommend advertising it, so others know to toe the line.

Last but certainly not lease, there has to be a better way of controlling the constant negatism of a few posters. They are ruining the site. Its ok to be disappointed, upset, etc., but that can be accomplished in better ways that constantly posting "Golden sucks" or "Dorito sucks" messages. That adds nothing to the site and cant help the program.

Thank you for running a great site.

One Moderator's Opinion:

I always like to make the analogy between a message board and being in a sport bar watching a game. When you're in sports bar and everyone there is watching the same game, you dont necessarily talk to everyone in the bar. If you're walking to the restroom and you hear two guys at a table spewing totally ignorant ****, you wouldnt stop and call them idiots and spend time on your phone looking up web links to prove their idiocy. You'd simpy walk by quietly and go about your bidnizz.

The same applies on a message board. We here encourage everyone to post and chat with folks who they feel add to their own discussions. The folks who run this site have gone to great lengths to make ALL Canes fans feel welcome without regard to your personal, financial, educational or intellectual position in life. If you find certain posters bring no value to your discussions, please use the "ignore loser" feature. It can be your best friend, as well as help us all maintain a higher quality board culture.

The ignore feature is good in theory, but I think it's poorly executed on this site. A suggestion:

Currently, if a user is ignored, their post shows up with a message saying some guy you ignored posted, click here to view it. To me, that's more distracting than just seeing a stupid post because it's intriguing. It's like telling someone there's something bad behind that door over there. Instinctively you want to open that ******* door, and true as the sun rises in the morning, you click view post and see crap.

I actually find myself unignoring people I've ignored because the way ignore is set up now makes their posts more intriguing than if their posts are just normal.

Instead, if a user is ignored, their posts and threads shouldn't show up at all. They should be completely hidden. It should be as if that user doesn't even exist. If post #19 is by some guy you ignored, the page should have post #18 and then post #20.

Without complete removal of ignored posts, the ignore feature does the opposite of what it's intended to do. It sucks. The only way you should be able to see an ignored post is if you go to that user's profile and unignore them or if someone else quotes it.

TL;DR - Make ignored posts completely hidden

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone posts something that's Corky level retarded, can we still post something like this?

244.jpg

Advertisement

Agree with this.

That is the problem. Its ok to disagree or argue about a coach or the system, but there are a few posters that constantly complain and that is all they do. That gets old really quickly.

Thanks for being proactive and not letting this board deteriorate into a cesspool like one other Miami board.

Advertisement

Agree with this.

That is the problem. Its ok to disagree or argue about a coach or the system, but there are a few posters that constantly complain and that is all they do. That gets old really quickly.

Clearly the answer is to not allow those folks to post more than say 2-5 posts a day. That way we can limit the negative effect.

Thank you. A rational Miami fan board, who woulda thunk it?

So has the penn state plane landed in south Florida yet?

^^^^I meant to neg Felix. I'm not repping you bro,

Btw, is it ok to insult other boards as long as we're not insulting posters directly?

Just want to be clear on this.

I propose we create an acceptable insult. We will know what it means but to the outside world it will just be some jibberish. I therefore formally propose that when anyone gets the urge to call someone a prohibited slur he or she simply type: "IASH" which stands for insert approprate slur here.

IASH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back