PLEASE READ- New Moderating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMoney,

Thank you for trying to clean this up. Too many posters just don't seem to understand or care that their negativity toward recruits and the program do affect the way those considering joining the Cane family actually perceive the university and the program overall. I come on the football and recruiting boards to get updates on the program and recently have started avoiding spending a lot of time here due to the constant bile and vitriol being spewed here. As a long time Cane fan and U graduate, if this level of discourse is turning me off that badly I can only imagine how someone who is considering joining the U family might feel.

This isn't about being soft shouldered or "beta", it's about common decency in discourse and it's potential to negatively affect our potential recruits and players. If you feel like you just have to blast and disparage the players, coaches, recruits and program, the WEZ is ready and waiting. Do it there, not on the football and especially not on the recruiting boards.

[MENTION=311]tokengator[/MENTION]

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd rather not use the reporting system more than I absolutely have to. But lately I've been feeling boxed in.

Advertisement
Please refrain from down-voting the soft booty types.

They might quit the board.

Mods. Delete this already we're not school children.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With all due respect to the moderators of this board: I think the whole censoring of some curse words and phrases are unwarranted.

Certain phrases that are bleeped out are not necessarily negative to other posters or harmful to the positivity of this site.

For example:

I think J'Lo has a nice behind. I sure would like to have sexual intercourse with her."

Nobody says that of course.

Most people would say:

"****, J'Lo has a ******* nice ***. I would like to **** her day in and day out."

Or...

Man, <insert receiver here> needs to finish their routes better and not be afraid to catch the ball.

That's fine, but it's the same thing as saying:

****, <insert ******* receiver here> needs to stop acting like a ***** and catch the ******* ball.

It's not just the censoring of words; it's that some words are okay, and other words aren't.

For example:

Fart
Balls
Cuck
(G-A-Y)
(F-A-G)
Dyke
Bull Dyke
God ****
Taint

Why are some words okay and not others? I mean, come on, how is the 'F' word more offensive or insulting than calling someone a Carpet Munching God **** Bull Dyke? XD

And ************ is okay! :D

I think that if a post is truly offensive, multiple people will just report it, and a mod will determine if it's 'against the rules' or not.

That's just me though.

Last edited:
On Hurricane Hotline tonight. Not surprised roof has helped but nothing has ever in my lifetime in a big game in this city been equaled. I will say however the Auburn crowd against Georgia was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back