Playing Bama is Another Poor Business Decision

Advertisement
The amount of machismo circle jerk going on in this thread is ironic, considering some of the same porsters will jump into other threads and criticize the players, coaches, AD, and BOT for sucking.

So, let me get this straight: UM sucks, and it's UM's fault that they suck, but we're definitely supposed to play 'anyone, anytime, anywhere' and expect to win, because we are Miami and we don't suck, but, when we get beat (and remember that Bama has like 55 non-coach football personnel and UM has like 12) it's the fault of the players, coaches, AD, and BOT, because they suck, and we aren't supposed to suck, but we suck.

Gotcha.

The point is ANYONE but Alabama.

If it was Auburn, Michigan, Texas, USC, Tennessee, Penn State....that would be good for business.

Blake James is an idiot. But he must be retarded if he thought we'd be in a position to compete when he's the a-hole who keeps hiring unqualified HCs, and then allows them to hire their 25-year old sons to run each side of the ball.
You're the idiot. This game wasn't scheduled last week and most expected the team to progress to a 10 win season before the Bama game.

I don't want to speculate because there are a lot of factors involved but that's not what we are talking about here. All what you and I are discussing is the bad defense we have after 4 years of his stewardship. As a result of deficient recruiting and development. You say he only had 18 months which is factually incorrect. I wasn't even blaming him for our total win-loss record or our over all standing. All I'm upset about is how bad our defense is NOW relative to where we sit as a program in the most fertile recruiting part of the country.
and I’m sayin..exactly where do expect this defense to be at??..I’ll give u the it’s year 4 of his defense..now my question to is are your expec for us to be on Clemson, bama, osu type level when it come talent?

given what we were as a program even just on defense prior to manny.. the drop off you saw in the safety play since 2018 and at DT since 2017/18 is the same drop off u see at frankly every other program that’s not, osu, Bama, Clemso, uga..that because those programs brin in ELITE prospects at every position of need. They stack chips. this year that drop off was replacing All ACC/American level play from 55..same for when we lost RJ, Norto,Willis and at safety tandem of Red and quan. U fix that by fixing the talent gap from 1s to 3s.

Now on the trail u can’t deny in his first 2 cycles you can see the difference in talent from top to bottom of those classes compared to what we got from Randy and then Al. There’s no reaches of Nate Dortch, Larry hope, James king, holliet, Alex gall, cannon smith etc etc in a panic to fill needs after you missed on your top targets. He’s not bringing in obvious non p5 level talent to fill holes..then u add the fact you get, imo the top 2 talents in south Florida to stick and sign. just by that alone shows a difference in philosophy on the trail...

now with all that said, results on the field matter greatly in terms of stacking chips on the trail. That’s ultimately what it comes down..Baker needs to go just off the UNC game alone..and with baker gone that means manny needs to take a strong look at the rest of the defensive staff..imo only guy safe would be Banda I have no problen with mannys philosophy on defense..but those sayin this manny’s Defense baker is runnniig it’s not because hes not the one calling plays. This is Bakers defense

Advertisement
Hopefully this game doesn't kill recruiting before it even gets started :
Problem is that this team will be so demoralized after that game that they might just say, “*** it and the whole season will go down the tubes. Only positive if that happens we might get another coach, but I don’t trust Flake and this BOT to ever hire someone decent.

and I’m sayin..exactly where do expect this defense to be at??..I’ll give u the it’s year 4 of his defense..now my question to is are your expec for us to be on Clemson, bama, osu type level when it come talent?

given what we were as a program even just on defense prior to manny.. the drop off you saw in the safety play since 2018 and at DT since 2017/18 is the same drop off u see at frankly every other program that’s not, osu, Bama, Clemso, uga..that because those programs brin in ELITE prospects at every position of need. They stack chips. this year that drop off was replacing All ACC/American level play from 55..same for when we lost RJ, Norto,Willis and at safety tandem of Red and quan. U fix that by fixing the talent gap from 1s to 3s.

Now on the trail u can’t deny in his first 2 cycles you can see the difference in talent from top to bottom of those classes compared to what we got from Randy and then Al. There’s no reaches of Nate Dortch, Larry hope, James king, holliet, Alex gall, cannon smith etc etc in a panic to fill needs after you missed on your top targets. He’s not bringing in obvious non p5 level talent to fill holes..then u add the fact you get, imo the top 2 talents in south Florida to stick and sign. just by that alone shows a difference in philosophy on the trail...

now with all that said, results on the field matter greatly in terms of stacking chips on the trail. That’s ultimately what it comes down..Baker needs to go just off the UNC game alone..and with baker gone that means manny needs to take a strong look at the rest of the defensive staff..imo only guy safe would be Banda I have no problen with mannys philosophy on defense..but those sayin this manny’s Defense baker is runnniig it’s not because hes not the one calling plays. This is Bakers defense
Yeah, but Cannon Smith owned an airline that was supposed to bring us countless riches.

wha happened?

Unpopular view here, to be sure but one reason we had better years in the ‘80’s is that we stopped playing murderer’s row of powerhouses like we did in the ‘70’s. We straightened out our schedules and did not play nationally ranked opponents week after week like we did in ‘70’s. Yeah, we had better talent after our own coach Saban came in and he, then Schnelleberger, built up our talent. So teams in ‘80’s were improvements talent-wise and coaching-wise, but we started to win more consistently when the opponents were not deadly weak-after-week.

I just don’t know that Manny has instilled that ferocious refusal to lose mentality that we started to see in the ‘80’s.

Advertisement
I'm hopeless? Our football program is useless then. We make hires for optics, not success on the field. Anyone that interviews and has too much testosterone, they reject. You know it's true. We are a beta program now. Embrace that if you'd like.
Double beta...not only did Shalala bring that woman’s touch to the program, it was .....

882889EC-F0C7-4734-96E9-10CB9B6B035A.jpeg

If you think Manny scheme has a chance against Bama... I have a cruise line for sale departing from Phoenix, Arizona. Best thing we can do is get outta there alive no injuries. Manny is scared of Dabo, so I know he will be pooping his pants with Saban. Our Corners will play back 10yrds from their WRs... And they're going to run it down our throats. We still can't set the edge in year 6 with Manny scheme. Its not about being scared its about being realistic. We have players, but his coaching style isn't the best for them.

Bama is a real team... If you want to see what real teams do against Manny... Watch both Clemson games, Both Wisconsin games, Both UNC games, and **** go watch BYU game as well.

He's done...

Advertisement
If we put in the work beginning seconds after best OS needed to make a fight of this game .

If we all just go home and take a break and relax this game may be just that .

BAMA is an NFL team in college no weaknesses.
In the NFL there is no offseason, NC is nothing compared to BAMA the only team that would beat them are our 2001 Canes and beat them badly.

preparation must begin immediately or the TV network will be switching to other games fir out of our area networks.

We CAN do this but it’s a teams choice to do so , if we just say it’s a regular game then we’ll face what we’re not prepared for as usual

I get your point to some extent not being a fight till death.

But it will surly cause after affects with huge losses that should be wins.
Mentally scared.

We must prepare, we can win but again it will come with a high cost of social activities GONE and BAMA the only focus.

WE CAN DO THIS , WHO WILL LEAD US IN THIS COMMITMENT

If we put in the work beginning seconds after best OS needed to make a fight of this game .

If we all just go home and take a break and relax this game may be just that .

BAMA is an NFL team in college no weaknesses.
In the NFL there is no offseason, NC is nothing compared to BAMA the only team that would beat them are our 2001 Canes and beat them badly.

preparation must begin immediately or the TV network will be switching to other games fir out of our area networks.

We CAN do this but it’s a teams choice to do so , if we just say it’s a regular game then we’ll face what we’re not prepared for as usual

I get your point to some extent not being a fight till death.

But it will surly cause after affects with huge losses that should be wins.
Mentally scared.

We must prepare, we can win but again it will come with a high cost of social activities GONE and BAMA the only focus.

WE CAN DO THIS , WHO WILL LEAD US IN THIS COMMITMENT
Losing to Bama or Clemson doesn't hurt us in any area as much as losing to UNC or GT or FIU or Duke.

But you are 100% correct. If they want to shock Bama. then the time to start planning for that is 12/30 when they get back from the bowl game.

Advertisement
This game was set back in Aug of 2017, also were the games against LSU, Florida, Texas AM,Michigan State. We went years without playing any Marquee games not including our ACC opponents. These are the games players want to play in not the Savannah st games

Losing to Bama or Clemson doesn't hurt us in any area as much as losing to UNC or GT or FIU or Duke.

But you are 100% correct. If they want to shock Bama. then the time to start planning for that is 12/30 when they get back from the bowl game.
First paragraph is a very good point no doubt about it very true .

Boy if this team we can be United with our talent , brother we can shock CFB like Rock movie cutting the Russian SEE HE BLEEDS HE’S A MAN then the Cane can be released and feed.

Brother we CAN DO THIS.

Thank you for the conversation not many MODs share with me , I’m really not crazy just old an Cane from Glory days

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back