Playing Bama is Another Poor Business Decision

We are not beating Alabama next year to open the season. Lets be real. Best case we put on a decent showing and get out of there with no injuries. Worst case is much much worse. I don't see any upside. The Canes still draw a tv audience, we dont need Bama for that. Its easy to call me a p _ _ y for saying this but in the end college football is a business and this is another poor business decision. Bama gets another opportunity to play against a marquee brand (thank you 1983 - 2003) on national tv that it will be favored by double digits over. The imbalance in college football has been well documented. There are maybe 6 elite programs, and we are a long way off from competing on that level. Not saying we schedule the little sisters of the poor outside of the ACC, but we need wins, not a$$ whippings. Couple more 9+ win seasons, couple more top 10 recruiting classes, and capable quarterback play and we can start electing to play one of the top 6. Otherwise, lets get W's.
Man you sound weak as ****. Yeah Bama will beat us but you're making it look like they will injure all of our players. Give me a break. Their level of play is no more than Clemson.

Advertisement
We better be ready for next season - Bama (The LSU and UF opening losses set us on spirals), then we end with NC (which now has a winning record against us) and Pitt, two programs on the rise.

But as a wise old man once said, "Its why you play the game!" Its going to be a put up or shut up time season with Manny in year 3. I've been waiting for 2 years now for this O-line to show some signs of life against good teams - I'm terrifiedly optimistic.

We better be ready for next season - Bama (The LSU and UF opening losses set us on spirals), then we end with NC (which now has a winning record against us) and Pitt, two programs on the rise.

But as a wise old man once said, "Its why you play the game!" Its going to be a put up or shut up time season with Manny in year 3. I've been waiting for 2 years now for this O-line to show some signs of life against good teams - I'm terrifiedly optimistic.
Excellent post , I want our team to the world who we truly are brother your words holds the truth 🙌

Advertisement
I honestly am half-expecting Miami to be more competitive against Alabama than expected.

Only for us to lose to App State the next week.
If there's no change to defensive staff then we're getting waxed by Bama bad.... It won't be competitive...

After we lost to FSU we won 4 games in a row and then **** the bed against UVA, when Perry threw two ints in the 1Q, and was benched

Advertisement
Anybody, Any time, Anywhere.....is how this program was built. Some of you guys... man, ****! Turn in your Cane cards and turn off the lights on your way out. 🤦🏾‍♂️

I expect the offense to be better but will not be hyped to see the defense unless major changes in defensive coaching staff made

Says the guy that eats his steaks overly well done and with ketchup. ;)
surprise yes GIF

Advertisement
I wish we kicked off every season with a top 5 opponent. Then we wouldn't spend all season complaining about our low ranking and saying "OMFG! We could go all the way!" then lose our last season game and the bowl game before winning the off season again.

Just hope ticket boy wonder doesn’t ***** up the tickets similar to the Gator game in Orlando.

Advertisement
If we'd stop hiring coaches that are in over their heads, maybe fans wouldn't dread these big games. I was always hopeful when we'd play big games from 1981 until the mid 2000s. Now I am indifferent, honestly. I don't fear playing teams that I know are better. I feel sorry for our players because I know **** well they are at a huge disadvantage when we play a team with a professional, experienced coaching staff.
I totally agree about coaches over their heads. Miami, during the swagger years was always anyone anytime anywhere. First game is probably the best chance we have at an upset. A loss with this staff could see the team tank. Manny has already claimed players quitting. Can’t afford that attitude after an opening beat down.

Our chances got a little better today and will continue to get better if kids like Bolden and Jordan decide to stay...not saying we will beat them but our chances of staying somewhat competitive go up every time one of these kids that normally bolt stay that extra year. That way when we replace the starter for a few downs we put in someone with experience as opposed to someone without a clue..

Manny has done one of the better jobs in the off seasons as any coach in CFB.This off season has started off great.It’s up to Manny in fixing the defense to show how good he will be IN season.

Advertisement
Back