Playing Bama is Another Poor Business Decision

ZBHCane

Recruit
We are not beating Alabama next year to open the season. Lets be real. Best case we put on a decent showing and get out of there with no injuries. Worst case is much much worse. I don't see any upside. The Canes still draw a tv audience, we dont need Bama for that. Its easy to call me a p _ _ y for saying this but in the end college football is a business and this is another poor business decision. Bama gets another opportunity to play against a marquee brand (thank you 1983 - 2003) on national tv that it will be favored by double digits over. The imbalance in college football has been well documented. There are maybe 6 elite programs, and we are a long way off from competing on that level. Not saying we schedule the little sisters of the poor outside of the ACC, but we need wins, not a$$ whippings. Couple more 9+ win seasons, couple more top 10 recruiting classes, and capable quarterback play and we can start electing to play one of the top 6. Otherwise, lets get W's.

Advertisement
"To be the man, you have to beat the man!" I think someone said that.
Don't be a *****, OP. We can't hide forever and duck Bama. There is no good time to play them unless Saban is gone.
We need to buckle down, get ready and go out and beat that Hillbilly *** next season. Simple as that.

Advertisement
You want to be the best you got to beat the best. People need to stop being pussies.
If we'd stop hiring coaches that are in over their heads, maybe fans wouldn't dread these big games. I was always hopeful when we'd play big games from 1981 until the mid 2000s. Now I am indifferent, honestly. I don't fear playing teams that I know are better. I feel sorry for our players because I know **** well they are at a huge disadvantage when we play a team with a professional, experienced coaching staff.

"To be the best, you gotta beat the best."
-Ric Flair

bragging ric flair GIF

Advertisement
We are not beating Alabama next year to open the season. Lets be real. Best case we put on a decent showing and get out of there with no injuries. Worst case is much much worse. I don't see any upside. The Canes still draw a tv audience, we dont need Bama for that. Its easy to call me a p _ _ y for saying this but in the end college football is a business and this is another poor business decision. Bama gets another opportunity to play against a marquee brand (thank you 1983 - 2003) on national tv that it will be favored by double digits over. The imbalance in college football has been well documented. There are maybe 6 elite programs, and we are a long way off from competing on that level. Not saying we schedule the little sisters of the poor outside of the ACC, but we need wins, not a$$ whippings. Couple more 9+ win seasons, couple more top 10 recruiting classes, and capable quarterback play and we can start electing to play one of the top 6. Otherwise, lets get W's.

It is both easy AND ACCURATE to call you a pvssy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back