Playing Bama is Another Poor Business Decision

Alabama is a measuring stick, and we need to play those kinds of games. So I'm for playing it, no question.

Saying that, though, let's be real. Alabama is more talented than us at EVERY position on the field. Their starters are all 5-stars who beat out other 5-stars to earn their starting spots. Iron sharpening iron at every spot. Add to that, they have three times as many coaches, and their head coach is one of the best to ever coach the college game.

The talent and coaching gap between Alabama and Miami is bigger than the gap between Miami and Temple.

This won't be competitive. Still, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Advertisement
Jesus. You're hopeless. Go get some fresh air, it'll be OK.
I'm hopeless? Our football program is useless then. We make hires for optics, not success on the field. Anyone that interviews and has too much testosterone, they reject. You know it's true. We are a beta program now. Embrace that if you'd like.

Alabama is a measuring stick, and we need to play those kinds of games. So I'm for playing it, no question.

Saying that, though, let's be real. Alabama is more talented than us at EVERY position on the field. Their starters are all 5-stars who beat out other 5-stars to earn their starting spots. Iron sharpening iron at every spot. Add to that, they have three times as many coaches, and their head coach is one of the best to ever coach the college game.

The talent and coaching gap between Alabama and Miami is bigger than the gap between Miami and Temple.

This won't be competitive. Still, I'd love to be proven wrong.

We got blown out in both “measuring stick“ games this year.

Advertisement
We got blown out in both “measuring stick“ games this year.

True enough. I think the reason a team like Syracuse can hang around with Clemson every year is because they become accustomed to playing that level of competition. I think LSU, A&M, etc are all raised by playing Alabama because it pushes them to get better.

Win or lose, I think it's important for Miami to play the toughest competition because then we always know where the bar is.

True enough. I think the reason a team like Syracuse can hang around with Clemson every year is because they become accustomed to playing that level of competition. I think LSU, A&M, etc are all raised by playing Alabama because it pushes them to get better.

Win or lose, I think it's important for Miami to play the toughest competition because then we always know where the bar is.

Nobody sleep walks against Miami. Playing Miami still means something. Clemson doesn’t care about Syracuse. But they certainly care to remind us of our place in front of the whole country on prime time television.

Nobody sleep walks against Miami. Playing Miami still means something. Clemson doesn’t care about Syracuse. But they certainly care to remind us of our place in front of the whole country on prime time television.

True. Not only that, I think Clemson is in our heads. I think the whole Miami program from the AD to the coaches to the players are intimidated by Clemson. We seem to play very skittish against them.

You can't play "not to lose" in football. You can't play scared. The best Miami teams of the past always played with 100% confidence.... downhill and fast. Aggressive. Dictating to the other team, and not reacting to them.

I don't know how we get back to that - I suppose it starts with coaching - but we need to. When we play Clemson, JMO, we play scared and hesitant and that's not gonna work.

Advertisement
True. Not only that, I think Clemson is in our heads. I think the whole Miami program from the AD to the coaches to the players are intimidated by Clemson. We seem to play very skittish against them.

You can't play "not to lose" in football. You can't play scared. The best Miami teams of the past always played with 100% confidence.... downhill and fast. Aggressive. Dictating to the other team, and not reacting to them.

I don't know how we get back to that - I suppose it starts with coaching - but we need to. When we play Clemson, JMO, we play scared and hesitant and that's not gonna work.

Yep. Starts with having a coach with nuts. We went from a guy with a tie and binder, to one in early retirement, to a gimmicky beta with a lisp. That defeated feeling when Roche jumped offsides and kept their first drive alive is our program currently. They were up 7-0 and it felt like the game was over. We only have “heart” and “fight” against inferior teams.

I don’t think we should duck them, but they are going to win by 3 scores or more. Saban is 10-0 in neutral site openers with an average margin of victory 21 points. Just keep this same Ric Flair energy the day after
Hahahaha....I can tell you one thing for dang sure, the day after it's going to be LIVE on CIS one way or the other lol

23f06320db73a7fc57b075d1cdd3edb6.gif

Advertisement
Yep. Starts with having a coach with nuts. We went from a guy with a tie and binder, to one in early retirement, to a gimmicky beta with a lisp. That defeated feeling when Roche jumped offsides and kept their first drive alive is our program currently. They were up 7-0 and it felt like the game was over. We only have “heart” and “fight” against inferior teams.

You said it there, brother. And it all goes back to the Miami admin. They only want to hire betas because betas can easily be controlled. Reigned in. Rumor is, Jimmy Johnson walked around Hecht with a wheelbarrow to carry around his giant ballsack. Jimmy, Howard... those men were alpha dogs. But the Miami admin hated them because they couldn't be controlled. They had some well-publicized dustups.

So now, every time we're hiring a head coach, we pass on the alphas and hire only beta yes-men because our admin doesn't want to deal with another Jimmy Johnson. Look at how we turned down Dan Mullen twice, or even Mike Leach. It's the admin who are holding us back more than anything.

Advertisement
Meh, no one is running from the fight. The fight just isn't what it once was. We used to fight for heavyweight championships. Now we fight in scripted matches for a guaranteed paycheck.
**** dude, you're on ******* fire.

I'm not scared of the race, the problem is we don't have the trainers to train OUR horses to run this race.

unc was nothing compared to these guys, and calling them hillbillies??? I see nothin but brothers all over that team especially the souf florida defensive backfield. FOH!

Last edited:
If you think Manny scheme has a chance against Bama... I have a cruise line for sale departing from Phoenix, Arizona. Best thing we can do is get outta there alive no injuries. Manny is scared of Dabo, so I know he will be pooping his pants with Saban. Our Corners will play back 10yrds from their WRs... And they're going to run it down our throats. We still can't set the edge in year 6 with Manny scheme. Its not about being scared its about being realistic. We have players, but his coaching style isn't the best for them.

Bama is a real team... If you want to see what real teams do against Manny... Watch both Clemson games, Both Wisconsin games, Both UNC games, and **** go watch BYU game as well.

He's done...
Facts

Advertisement
Back