Playing Bama is Another Poor Business Decision

Advertisement
"To be the best, you gotta beat the best."
-Ric Flair

bragging ric flair GIF
The 2001 Canes have the right to make this man's famous claim:
wrestlemania viii wrestling GIF by WWE

The Canes still draw a tv audience, we dont need Bama for that.
Disagree. You think we break ratings records playing our division opponents? Check out how many seats are filled anytime we host an ACC opponent not named FSU. If we can't beat Bama, WTF is the point of complaining we are too low ranked? What is the point in hoping for a coach that gets us into the playoffs? Why even hope to win the division?

Advertisement
We are not beating Alabama next year to open the season. Lets be real. Best case we put on a decent showing and get out of there with no injuries. Worst case is much much worse. I don't see any upside. The Canes still draw a tv audience, we dont need Bama for that. Its easy to call me a p _ _ y for saying this but in the end college football is a business and this is another poor business decision. Bama gets another opportunity to play against a marquee brand (thank you 1983 - 2003) on national tv that it will be favored by double digits over. The imbalance in college football has been well documented. There are maybe 6 elite programs, and we are a long way off from competing on that level. Not saying we schedule the little sisters of the poor outside of the ACC, but we need wins, not a$$ whippings. Couple more 9+ win seasons, couple more top 10 recruiting classes, and capable quarterback play and we can start electing to play one of the top 6. Otherwise, lets get W's.
tenor - 2020-12-18T150802.239.gif

***** fan base. Miami was built on playing elite programs.
Yep. Only difference is back then we had pros coaching us. Howard, JJ, Dennis and Butch all signed pro deals. Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, and soon Manny will never sniff another HC job in college, much less the NFL.

We were built by not just playing big time teams, but playing big time teams while having big time coaches on the sidelines.

If you think Manny scheme has a chance against Bama... I have a cruise line for sale departing from Phoenix, Arizona. Best thing we can do is get outta there alive no injuries. Manny is scared of Dabo, so I know he will be pooping his pants with Saban. Our Corners will play back 10yrds from their WRs... And they're going to run it down our throats. We still can't set the edge in year 6 with Manny scheme. Its not about being scared its about being realistic. We have players, but his coaching style isn't the best for them.

Bama is a real team... If you want to see what real teams do against Manny... Watch both Clemson games, Both Wisconsin games, Both UNC games, and **** go watch BYU game as well.

He's done...

Advertisement
Probably much like he'd have felt about most of the last 15 years. I'm not sure how this correlates, however. There is a Grand Canyon divide between losing a fight and running from a fight.
Meh, no one is running from the fight. The fight just isn't what it once was. We used to fight for heavyweight championships. Now we fight in scripted matches for a guaranteed paycheck.

This game was scheduled years ago and it was the expectation that we would have done what we needed to do to make the game competitive by now. Since then, we had a coaching change and things haven't really gone as planned. But the decision to schedule Bama was appropriate. If you want to be the best, you got to beat the best.

This game was scheduled years ago and it was the expectation that we would have done what we needed to do to make the game competitive by now. Since then, we had a coaching change and things haven't really gone as planned. But the decision to schedule Bama was appropriate. If you want to be the best, you got to beat the best.
I'm really happy we scheduled the game. I'm equally as disappointed that we haven't been serious about hiring a quality head coach to run the program.

Advertisement
Advertisement

If the Gators aren’t afraid of the Tide, then the Canes shouldn’t be. The Gators gave the Tide all they could handle in the SEC championship game, and Mullen got his guys ready after a deflating loss at home to LSU. They loss 52-46, but they could have beaten them. Then, Mullen goes out and closes with a higher ranked recruiting class than the Canes.

To be the best, you must play the best and beat the best. You can’t hide forever. Coastal Carolina and Cincinnati are undefeated, but no one respects them because we know they would struggle in a Power Five conference.

Tide loses most of their top players at every position. If King stays, I like our chances to make this a game.

Advertisement
Back