N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
Shirreffs
Langham
Mahoney
McCray
Henley

the list is dwindling

Advertisement
I would disagree regarding Shirreffs. Most fans don't realize that he was #2 for the bowl game. If Kaaya went down, Shirreffs was next.
The kid is brilliant. Don't look at the skinny stature. Out of the returning QB's he is the most athletic. I am not saying he will be a star, I just think he is worth keeping. Also, if he doesnt figure in the mix, I doubt he will stay.

I do think at least one, if not two qbs will transfer at some point.

Advertisement
Shirreffs is not the baby face bean pole he was when he arrived. I know people like to think the newest QB is going to be the saviour of UM football, but sometimes it's a kid that had to wait his turn. Vinny, Walsh, Torretta, Erickson, they all had to wait their turn.

Thinking about adding one more:

Sonny Odogwu

this dude has had his season ended by two major injuries. There's no way he returns to form imo.

If rosier isn't top two after spring I would think he leaves

Advertisement
I know a poster that said he would move on if Kaaya threw 20 touchdowns last year but he keeps sticking around.

A year from now, yes, but there's no reason to get rid of anyone right now. By my count, we're at 82, so we have a few spots for late signees or transfers. Any of these guys leaving now just means they're replaced on the practice squad with walk-ons. Don't see how that helps us.

I said this months ago. After Spring Ball if Allison is #1 I could see both Sheriffs and Rozier looking at other options. If Weldon or Perry step up and get in the top 2 then at least one of them will leave.

agreed. We'll see how it plays out after they all get on campus and some practice time. But yes, I see a QB transfer or 2 at some point too.

Advertisement
If I were Rozier I would look for a new position if I don't win the starting job in the spring. Getting on the field is more important then position as a player

I would disagree regarding Shirreffs. Most fans don't realize that he was #2 for the bowl game. If Kaaya went down, Shirreffs was next.
The kid is brilliant. Don't look at the skinny stature. Out of the returning QB's he is the most athletic. I am not saying he will be a star, I just think he is worth keeping. Also, if he doesnt figure in the mix, I doubt he will stay.

I agree. Sherriffs is smart and could be one of those kids whose QB light comes on. Since I haven't seen him play of any significance, I believe smarts, size and arm gives you a legitimate chance.

Advertisement
Shirreffs has a great chance of being the starter

The one practice I went to last fall all the corches were gushing over him.

I personally like Perry's film better but I do know that there are a couple corches on the staph that are keen on his skillset.

The fact that some posters believe a kid who was considering Georgetown, Columbia, and VMI before Miami showed up with an offer MAY be a viable candidate to lead this team next season (or at any time) speaks volumes about how far this team is from winning anything significant, IMO.

And anyone who thinks Shirreffs has a real shot at winning the QB job better be one of the people ok with winning 7-9 games next year.

If Allison can't separate from Shirreffs this spring, then is says more about Captain Jack than it does about Shirreffs.

Allison and Shirreffs are the same QB, physically ... But one was a 4-star and the other a 3-star. 1 guy was a top 200 player in the country, the other was rated in the 1,500s in his class. One guy was rated as top-10 at his position, the other was rated 61st ...

I know recruiting ratings aren't an exact science, but someone give me a recent example of where a guy was underrated that significantly.

The legend of Evan Shirreffs being some play-maker continue to frustrate the **** out of me.

Can't wait to see this guy transfer, or prove to be the talent I keep reading he is on this board.

#EndRant

:braveheart2:

Advertisement
Back